Sponsored

I’m gonna say it, I hate the JL driver seat!

Do you like your JL driver seat?

• Total voters

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
The back support is great for me, I'm 173cm but have a short torso. My problem is my right hip, I get pain after driving for more than 30 minutes. It seems like it might be getting better over time, so could just be something with the cushion foam needing to soften up, or my body adjusting, but it definitely hurts (sharp pain and aching in right hip socket). I think it has something to do with the large transmission tunnel keeping your right leg a little rotated.

I do have the seat all the way up to induce as much forward rake as possible, as any recline in the seat bottom (hips lower than knees) is terrible for you anatomically, and causes me nerve compression issues. I love that the seat can accommodate this, though I wish I could raise the rear higher without adjusting the whole seat upward. Even with a short torso, I'm a bit higher than I'd like. If I lower the seat, my hip hurts significantly more, so it's the compromise I deal with.
Sponsored

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Just finished a 1,500 mile road trip in my JLUR (cloth seating). I purchased a lumbar pillow to provide more back support so agree with those who wish the seat offered more back support. Other than that I do wish the seat had more cushioning. I have a really boney butt (so my wife claims) and after the first 500 miles I had wished I also purchased an aftermarket seat cushion as well. Thinking of looking for replacement seats when I get back. The current ones are not very comfortable IMO for longer stretches.

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
I know it's blasphemy, but I wish Jeep had offered 8-way adjustable seats with memory. My wife & I both drive and it's almost impossible to get the same position twice. It would be a lot easier to adjust than that stupid strap under your butt!

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible for you to just switch the two seats--especially if the passenger one works for you more?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Also 5'6 vet with degenerating discs down there, and the trick to lumbar support is not to fight it. It wants you to sit upright with a slight arch in your back. Once you get in the habit of sitting upright correctly, the lumbar will feel normal.

OP
OP

mwronkow

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Is it possible for you to just switch the two seats--especially if the passenger one works for you more?
That’s basically what I’m thinking. I wouldn’t be able to swap the lower portions of the seats, but the upper may be interchangeable if I disassemble them.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
longest drive for me is 5 hours and no issues, even better with a dead pedal installed, my only change would be a finer adjustment on the seat back, I go from bolt-upright to slight recline a few times per week.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Seat needs to drop another 1-2". I'm 6'3" with longer torso and my head touches the rollbar when I sit up straight.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Many people with back issues actually have problems that come from sitting on the thickness of their wallet. I know that my back has hurt in the past from sitting on my wallet. Since buying my jeep, my wallet is much thinner now, so hopefully, any potential back pain will be eliminated.

but seriously, how about putting a pad on just the top portion of the seat so as to lessen out the effect of the lumbar?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The seat in the JL sucks, and those who think it doesn't haven't owned a recent model JK.

It's flat, hard, too short at the lower cushion, has no tilt adjustment, and the lumbar adjustment hits you above the lumbar portion of your spine. Combined with the nearly 2 inch loss of hip room, the JL driver position blows.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
The seat in the JL sucks, and those who think it doesn't haven't owned a recent model JK.

It's flat, hard, too short at the lower cushion, has no tilt adjustment, and the lumbar adjustment hits you above the lumbar portion of your spine. Combined with the nearly 2 inch loss of hip room, the JL driver position blows.
I like the seats far better in the JL than my JK. Just did a little run down the line in the new Jeep and found I was much more comfortable in it than I ever was in my JK

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Went from JK leather seats to JL heated leather seats. First thing I noticed was the JL seat looked nicer and more comfortable. Then on the test drive I was more impressed. No problem, very good seat. Granted not as nice as my heated leather 24 way adjustable Suburban seats, but fine.
Sponsored