Sponsored

I’m gonna say it, I hate the JL driver seat!

Do you like your JL driver seat?

• Total voters

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Lumbar support isn't really an issue, but it's not really in the right place for me..
My issue is with the front leg bolsters being too high, limiting foot positions. The dead pedal install helped, but it;s still somewhat limiting. I drive 3hrs/day all highway..

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Have done a couple of 6+ hours trips with it and the seat is fine. The only thing I would love for them to change is the headrest, it pushes the head forward too much.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Have done a couple of 6+ hours trips with it and the seat is fine. The only thing I would love for them to change is the headrest, it pushes the head forward too much.
I took off the one on my 09 Ram and turned it around. Looked silly and I probably would have had nasty whiplash if I had been in a wreck but it was way more comfortable. The JL one and my new Ram does not bother me as much but they both have better lumbar and I have that cranked all the way out the way my back seems to like it. I think that must put me just a little further from the headrest.

Sponsored

tldolphin7777

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl, 2018 jl
The back support is great for me, I'm 173cm but have a short torso. My problem is my right hip, I get pain after driving for more than 30 minutes. It seems like it might be getting better over time, so could just be something with the cushion foam needing to soften up, or my body adjusting, but it definitely hurts (sharp pain and aching in right hip socket). I think it has something to do with the large transmission tunnel keeping your right leg a little rotated.

I do have the seat all the way up to induce as much forward rake as possible, as any recline in the seat bottom (hips lower than knees) is terrible for you anatomically, and causes me nerve compression issues. I love that the seat can accommodate this, though I wish I could raise the rear higher without adjusting the whole seat upward. Even with a short torso, I'm a bit higher than I'd like. If I lower the seat, my hip hurts significantly more, so it's the compromise I deal with.
I agree it is something with keeping the right leg a little rotated. I just did a long post because I did not see yours. My son and I both played musical jeeps in the driveway and mine has the new fuel efficient engine and the right foot hits the hump for some reason. I thought seat alignment but he thinks pedal position. None of the olders jeeps do this, not even the 2018 jl which I thought had the same frame design. I have used a gel cushion on the seat and while my bum is comfy on the drive, it does not help the rest. My hips always hurt from 12 hour shifts, so I have focused on my shoulders which hurt more from the drive home than from work. If you figure something out, please let me know. Thanks!

Just measured 2018 jl gas pedal almost an inch farther away from hump than my 2020 jl. Inline only difference.

Last edited:

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I've done a lot of long trips, my longest day was 975 miles. I find the seat to be perfectly ok.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
It’s not the most comfortable, but wouldn't say it’s uncomfortable... It helps it doesn’t have a long range, so you get plenty of opportunity to get out and stretch.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I agree it is something with keeping the right leg a little rotated. I just did a long post because I did not see yours. My son and I both played musical jeeps in the driveway and mine has the new fuel efficient engine and the right foot hits the hump for some reason. I thought seat alignment but he thinks pedal position. None of the olders jeeps do this, not even the 2018 jl which I thought had the same frame design. I have used a gel cushion on the seat and while my bum is comfy on the drive, it does not help the rest. My hips always hurt from 12 hour shifts, so I have focused on my shoulders which hurt more from the drive home than from work. If you figure something out, please let me know. Thanks!

Just measured 2018 jl gas pedal almost an inch farther away from hump than my 2020 jl. Inline only difference.
Try the @DesertDoesIt seat jackers or their new drop brackets. I had a big issue with our seat and the sort of nerve pinching sensation many of us get from it. Their seat jackers eliminated it for me, but now I sit higher. I would have gone with the drop brackets if they were available at the time. Just got back from a 6000 mile road trip with our rubicon and our overland trailer. Never had an issue and drove straight through from Atlanta to Ouray.
Sponsored