Sponsored

I’m finally finished with my build! Hope to give others ideals for their build.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
How did you mount the front license plate?
Hey
I used self tapping screws and just screwed it in places with my cordless drill.
Also on the rear plate mounting bracket, I did the same thing to the bracket the plate mounts too. Why? It was getting ripped off on every trip and I was having to backtrack to find my plate.
To see what I mean grab the bottom of theee rear license plate and pull, it pops right off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Now here's a guy whose credit card has certainly caught fire,....
Great build, and I agree with you about Marcus, he's top shelf.
Lol
I can’t read the security code on the card anymore! I think it melted off! Lol!

Merry Christmas!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Merry Christmas!

Here are some photos of my Jeep out on the trail doing what a Jeep loves to do.

2C0DAD61-5540-4265-B5E1-140CA1C7A4A4.jpeg
;)James...looking at the Ikamper roof top tent I am inspired. With a big enough marketing budget, if I were doing the commercial or ad copy for these guys, and with a little help from computer special effect graphs, I'd have Elton John, complete with grand piano emerge from the roof.

The copy ready tag line would read: "Ikamper: you just never know what's going to pop up."

Sponsored

CompoBBQ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
quick question on the compressor, apologies if the answer is buried in the thread: Did you run the compressor to an Aux switch on the center ocnsole? or just leave it at the compressor?

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
quick question on the compressor, apologies if the answer is buried in the thread: Did you run the compressor to an Aux switch on the center ocnsole? or just leave it at the compressor?
Hey

Sorry for not replying sooner I have been out off roading.

On the compressor the mounting bracket has a place for the on off switch,

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I added a few more lights
I’ll be testing it this weekend on an overnight trip, hopefully it takes care of the dark spot I’m wanting to light up at night

85579516-CFD4-48FD-8A5F-4F586DD9A126.jpeg

A8E49690-E759-4BF5-AE01-4DBEBB8934F3.jpeg

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
sick build, question about your winch set up.

I already have the maximus 3 kit like you and I've been thinking about adding the red factor 55 accessories, would you go red again or not really since its such a different red than the stock hooks and Maximus 3 reds?

I know its personal preference, but I cant decide between the red of the grey.

Last edited:
OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
sick build, question about your winch set up.

I already have the maximus 3 kit like you and I've been thinking about adding the red factor 55 accessories, would you go red again or not really since its such a different red than the stock hooks and Maximus 3 reds?

I know its personal preference, but I cant decide between the red of the grey.
Hey

I would still go with the red! Love the look!

Sponsored

My1stjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab - 2017 Alpina B7
Hey

Sound interesting,
Once the Ikamper is installed there is no way to get the freedom panels off. The Ikamper takes up the entire roof.
Their is a company who makes a roof remover for the jk and I think the JL. Me personally, I’ll never remove my top. When we are out on the trails I’m either the tail or finding a way through an obstacle and back to being the tail. I tend to eat a lot of dust from all the other jeeps.
Love your ideal!
I'm interested in getting the Ikamper but have some concerns about getting it on and off the jeep. Can you tell me if this can be done by two people relatively easy, or is it difficult. About how long does it take to put the Ikamper on and take it off the jeep?

I really love the design of the Ikamper but I would only want to have it on the jeep for trips where I would be using it, which will be about 4-6 times a year. So, I'm wondering what I'm getting myself into........

Do you have the total height measurement with the Gobi and the Ikamper? I'm hoping it will fit in the garage.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I'm interested in getting the Ikamper but have some concerns about getting it on and off the jeep. Can you tell me if this can be done by two people relatively easy, or is it difficult. About how long does it take to put the Ikamper on and take it off the jeep?

I really love the design of the Ikamper but I would only want to have it on the jeep for trips where I would be using it, which will be about 4-6 times a year. So, I'm wondering what I'm getting myself into........

Do you have the total height measurement with the Gobi and the Ikamper? I'm hoping it will fit in the garage.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Hey
I love the Ikamper
Sets up in under a minute.
It takes the whole roof up. I do keep two sleeping bags, two pillows and a down comforter inside the Ikamper.
Two guys can put it on and off no problem as long as both guys can lift 70lbs over their head with both arms.
I can get it on or off within 30 minutes.
Once on it will not fit in your garage.
I put mine on and take it off every month and sometimes a few times in a month.
If you have any other questions please let me know

My1stjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab - 2017 Alpina B7
Hey
I love the Ikamper
Sets up in under a minute.
It takes the whole roof up. I do keep two sleeping bags, two pillows and a down comforter inside the Ikamper.
Two guys can put it on and off no problem as long as both guys can lift 70lbs over their head with both arms.
I can get it on or off within 30 minutes.
Once on it will not fit in your garage.
I put mine on and take it off every month and sometimes a few times in a month.
If you have any other questions please let me know
Thanks so much for the info. Based on my research the Gobi Stealth adds about 7" to 8" and the Ikamper is 12.5" so does that mean the total height added to the roof of the Jeep is a bit under 2 feet? Or, do I have the wrong numbers? My garage door opening is 8"10" high, so unless my numbers are wrong it seems like I could easily fit.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Thanks so much for the info. Based on my research the Gobi Stealth adds about 7" to 8" and the Ikamper is 12.5" so does that mean the total height added to the roof of the Jeep is a bit under 2 feet? Or, do I have the wrong numbers? My garage door opening is 8"10" high, so unless my numbers are wrong it seems like I could easily fit.
Question
Are you stock or 2” lift with 35” tires?
If your stock you may fit, not sure