First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
The title of your thread has me channeling Pinocchio, were you a wooden forum member before? :)
Hmm lies don’t seem to cause any wood but my wife in something skimpy sure does so I guess so.
Lol. Thanks.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Nice ride.

I was really considering Punk'n, and every time I see one I smile. Something about it just appeals to me.
But I was concerned I would grow tired of it in a few years, and I tend to keep vehicles for a long time, so I try to stick with basic colors.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
8.75% under invoice. Good deal on my trade. Pickup went smooth. They are doing $2100 for the mopar 7/100k warranty which I haven’t bought yet.

Meet the Great Pumpkin. Heading back to Ohio tomorrow. Rock slide engineering step slides on order and many Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown custom decals from PixelDecal on order including a giant snoopy for the hood. My 5year old picked out colors and screenshots to make into decals.

I’ll post updates when installs are done.

Thanks all for the info and help getting my first Jeep. I haven’t driven a manual in 20years so feel free to laugh at me on my way home Virginians.

B24D50C1-92D6-4FA7-83F6-9112504C60E4.jpeg

E31E4E5E-1092-4C6C-8B70-FC45498BFC77.jpeg
Welcome aboard doc..... I look forward to you complaining about not having that extra money laying around anymore...:giggle:... cause misery loves company.....:rock:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

congrats!1 what a great DEAL!!!

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
George: Congratulations.

I'm going to assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you've assigned real membership here with JL ownership. If so, allow me to suggest that real membership here is instead defined as curiosity with the rig, and/or a desire to honestly address other's curiosity from experience, in order to help them, that makes for real members.

That's it: a state of mind, not ownership.

How many of us, myself included, benefitted from things written here prior to purchase (rig or accessory) before either signing up or even our first post?

:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
After the 400mi drive home a few things. The steering is fine. I think it’s more the wind throwing the brick around than it is the steering. Once I got over staying right in the center of the lane was easier. Really “exploring the space” that is my lane. Lol.

The adaptive cruise on the manual works great.

The stop start on the manual is a bit unnerving at first. I kept thinking I stalled it. I find it less annoying than an auto since it starts the moment I touch the clutch.

Still having the off road pages and other icons greyed out randomly. Sometimes work. Sometimes not. Apparently is an issue with latest update and jeep working on it. Don’t use them so don’t care.

Audio is bass heavy which is just fine by me. Sounds great.

Much quieter than I expected. Still noisy at 70mph but not much more than my volvo at that speed.

55mph is a happy speed on flat ground. Was getting mid 20s. Mountains not so much. Dropped to 19-20 range but not bad for JLUR manual.

Not sure why everyone says 6th gear is useless. Unless I’m accelerating I pick the gear that runs 1500rpm. I can do 6th at 55mph on level ground and get great mileage. If I need to accelerate I just downshift.

More thoughts to come.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Oy vey. Whelp. We are off to a bad start. So several icons were greyed out when I picked it up. They did a reset on the system. Worked till I got to the hotel and then when I got back in they aren’t working again.

Have to have the home dealer look at it but not good when 1hr into ownership and already need to take it to the dealer. Ooph. Oh well.

—-
update. Looks like a known issue. Hard reset at home should clear it up. Whew.

F6E33F26-9A9E-427D-ACBC-38FE882FB390.jpeg
Hi,
I'm sorry to see this is happening. Please PM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
Oy vey. Whelp. We are off to a bad start. So several icons were greyed out when I picked it up. They did a reset on the system. Worked till I got to the hotel and then when I got back in they aren’t working again.

Have to have the home dealer look at it but not good when 1hr into ownership and already need to take it to the dealer. Ooph. Oh well.

—-
update. Looks like a known issue. Hard reset at home should clear it up. Whew.

F6E33F26-9A9E-427D-ACBC-38FE882FB390.jpeg
Welcome to the club (both of them)!!!

There is another thread that is tracking this exact issue.

"Some apps are currently unavailable" Uconnect message
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...currently-unavailable-uconnect-message.41906/

Kevog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2-door
congratulations, that dealer is located in Springfield Va. Good to know they cut deals there. Any chance you shopped Koons Jeep in Tysons also?
Koons Jeep is by far - the most blatantly dishonest and slimy dealership I've ever encountered! They treated me like dirt and I witnessed other customers being bullied and talked down to. I advise folks to search elsewhere!
Sponsored