Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Jeep drives me crazy!
while reviewing the model comparisons & the standard options, I came across the following confusing differences. I’m comparing the Willys against the 80th Anny JL two door.

1. The Willys has A/C with automatic temperature control
2. The 80th Anny has A/C with instrument panel ventilation.
What is the difference?

3. The Willys has heavy duty brakes.
4. The 80th Anny does not mention heavy duty brakes.
I don’t understand why the Anny Edition does not have heavy duty brakes. It’s more street oriented w/a higher top speed (110 mph) than that of the Willys (97 mph)

5. The Willys has a 180 amp alternator.
6. The 80th Anny has a 220 amp alternator.
Shouldn’t a more off-road worthy Jeep like the Willys have a higher amp alternator for the off-road mods like lights, power winch, etc?

Comparing both models, the Willys is the better value by far.
Willys offers as standard: HD brakes, LED lights, anti-spin differential, all weather mats, remote keyless entry. These standard options on the Willys, cost extra on the Anniversary edition...

Willys is the clear winner. Replace the standard M/T tires with A/T tires & the Willys is a slam dunk, for those wanting a more road focused Jeep.

I just don’t understand why Jeep can’t offer you what the buyer wants. I should be able to piece meal the options I want. It’s such a simple vehicle to build, unlike any and all other cars. I just don’t get it!

cheers all & Happy Holidays
Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Jeep drives me crazy!
while reviewing the model comparisons & the standard options, I came across the following confusing differences. I’m comparing the Willys against the 80th Anny JL two door.

1. The Willys has A/C with automatic temperature control
2. The 80th Anny has A/C with instrument panel ventilation.
What is the difference?

3. The Willys has heavy duty brakes.
4. The 80th Anny does not mention heavy duty brakes.
I don’t understand why the Anny Edition does not have heavy duty brakes. It’s more street oriented w/a higher top speed (110 mph) than that of the Willys (97 mph)

5. The Willys has a 180 amp alternator.
6. The 80th Anny has a 220 amp alternator.
Shouldn’t a more off-road worthy Jeep like the Willys have a higher amp alternator for the off-road mods like lights, power winch, etc?

Comparing both models, the Willys is the better value by far.
Willys offers as standard: HD brakes, LED lights, anti-spin differential, all weather mats, remote keyless entry. These standard options on the Willys, cost extra on the Anniversary edition...

Willys is the clear winner. Replace the standard M/T tires with A/T tires & the Willys is a slam dunk, for those wanting a more road focused Jeep.

I just don’t understand why Jeep can’t offer you what the buyer wants. I should be able to piece meal the options I want. It’s such a simple vehicle to build, unlike any and all other cars. I just don’t get it!

cheers all & Happy Holidays
You can literally build whatever you want from FCA and have it shipped to your dealer, you don't have to go with the prepackaged special editions

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
These product descriptions are written by interns. They are meaningless and inconsistent from one trim to the next.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe 80A is based on Sahara: it has 18-inch wheels, painted Sahara fenders, Sahara grille, Sahara bumpers. If so, the Big Brake package should be standard.

Also, official photos of the interior show that it comes with Dual Climate Control. Those up/down arrows next to the middle dial, under the screen, are to set the HVAC separately on each side. This particular one also has the Cold Weather Group.

The door and center armrest appear lifted from Sport; they do not have the extra padded and stitched leather. So that should match Willy's.
Jeep Wrangler JL I’m Confused with Jeep’s Standard Options- Assistance Sought 1608775336637

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Looking at the list of your vehicles, I think I understand your issue.....

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
It really depends on what's most important to you...but if you are new to the Wrangler, the 80th is definitely going to be the better value for you. The Willy's is a Jeep guy's Wrangler.

As mentioned above, the 80th edition is a Sahara for $2200 less. It also carries the Sport lease terms, which obviously only matter if you're leasing, but if you are, it's a big deal because Sahara's lease poorly. You get a lot of value in the 80th MSRP compared to the other trims.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I have a Willys, the higher optioned one not the Willys Sport. I has a base radio and A/C controls. You don’t get the more complicated A/C controls unless you opt for the 7” or 8.4” radio.

Jeeps are packaged in very strange ways. pay attention to the window stickers and look at it in person to make sure it has what you want.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Jeeps are packaged in very strange ways.
That's the REALLY nice way to put it.

But you are correct - it is VERY important to do your research and know what you are buying. The Wrangler is a bit of a time capsule when it comes to standard features.

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
The Willys is the way to. Its a "Rubicon Lite" but thats more than most need.

OP
OP
BenDiem

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
^^^TY all!
Decisions decisions...
It would be helpful if sales personnel knew their product. This is not only a knock on Jeep salespersons but most other brands as well...
Cheers all/stay safe.
B

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I should debadge mine and put a willys sticker on. I wanna be a Jeep guy too!
And don’t forget to plastidip anything red in black.

God forbid anyone mistakes it for a...Bronco! :CWL: