Hyundai trying to buy Fiat Chrysler

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
If this happens i will never buy a new jeep again.
I am sure there is a few that said that in 1953 when Kaiser Motors bought the brand.

I am sure there was a few more in 1970 when AMC bought the brand.

Probably even an uptick more said the same thing in 1987 when Chrysler bought the brand.

With much gnashing of teeth and fist pumping, even more said the same thing when the Germans through Daimler bought the whole enchilada in 1998.

Then there was the "Fix It Again Tony" hecklers who would claimed to never buy another Chrysler or Jeep when the Italians came to the ball room dance in 2009.

But some how the mere whiff of the Korean kimchi stench comes a courting, the world is failing apart. I think the Jeep brand will survive without you and few others.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Who cares where the parent company is as long as they respect the brand and invest in it.

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
I am sure there is a few that said that in 1953 when Kaiser Motors bought the brand.

Probably even an uptick more said the same thing in 1987 when Chrysler bought the brand.

With much gnashing of teeth and fist pumping, even more said the same thing when the Germans through Daimler bought the whole enchilada in 1998.

Then there was the "Fix It Again Tony" hecklers who would claimed to never buy another Chrysler or Jeep when the Italians came to the ball room dance in 2009.

But some how the mere whiff of the Korean kimchi stench comes a courting, the world is failing apart. I think the Jeep brand will survive without you and few others.
You didnt mention when Renault took majority interest in the early eightys lol

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

clap.gif

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
You didnt mention when Renault took majority interest in the early eightys lol
ahhh, the RENIX injected 4.0L straight sixes of the late 80s....

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
The only Hyundai or Kia vehicles that I have ever driven were rental vehicles. Some were SUVs that I didn't put on anything more difficult than just a very dry and dusty road to the west of Red Rock near Las Vegas. On the other hand, one of them was a subcompact 2-door sedan that I drove on a road / trail in the Dominican Republic that I really should not have been on without a 4WD and higher ground clearance. By taking it slow and easy and picking my line, I was able to go where I really had no business being with only a couple of very slight scrapes on the undercarriage. At one point, I even cross a creek / river that went over the roadway and it did not leak. Two things came to mine after that trip:
  1. They make a pretty good and dependable vehicle
  2. Never buy a used rental car

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Wife has a 2013 Elantra which is the poster child of reliability. That's what FCA could use a big dose of.

OP
OP

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I personally don’t have an issue as long as they stay true to the spirit of a Jeep

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I'm pretty sure that if Jeep is bought out by anyone, they won't fix what ain't broke. The brand is having a great year, just leave it alone. Now the rest of the brands need a major overhaul.....

Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Globalization causes our problems. It takes the desicion making away from the skilled and places it squarely into the hands of greedy morons. It is only good for the bottom line of the shareholders. Consumers are easily convinced to follow like sheep.
Hyundai owners are not the best at purchasing drivers type of cars, but more of a to b. I don't take them seriously.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Globalization causes our problems. It takes the desicion making away from the skilled and places it squarely into the hands of greedy morons. It is only good for the bottom line of the shareholders. Consumers are easily convinced to follow like sheep.
Hyundai owners are not the best at purchasing drivers type of cars, but more of a to b. I don't take them seriously.
You gotta admit though, Hyundai builds some remarkably reliable machines, and they stand behind them longer than anyone else today. And they are building a couple slightly interesting cars, even with the Genesis coupe gone.

I don't think they're looking to blandify Jeep--there'd be no point in buying them to ruin them. The only thing the Jeep brand needs is a little more quality and quality control, and Hyundai would be just what the doctor ordered in that regard, IMO.

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler. 2018 Cherokee
Occupation
Public Relations
I’d rather see Ford own the Jeep brand but I know that isn’t happening. Hyundai’s ownership would probably be the best thing to happen to FCA. They are very unlikely to move any production overseas. The chicken tax alone would guarantee the production of pickups remains in the North America. I totally agree with others that quality would skyrocket.

However I would also take the rumor with a bit of salt. This was likely PR put out by the Elliot Management. These guys are assholes. They buy about 1% of a company and then start raising hell to get the company to either sell itself or buy someone else. They are there for one purpose and that is to raise the stock price of something so they can sell out and make a profit. They don’t really give a damn about anything else.
I wouldn't want Ford anything associated with Jeep. My family is a long-time Ford family. My dad's uncle was a Ford dealer since they days of Henry Ford through the mid 70's. But after being burned by Ford recently, I'm not buying them again. Why I went with Jeep and FCA. Like them so much I have a Wrangler and a Cherokee. Much better than the Ford products I've owned.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure that if Jeep is bought out by anyone, they won't fix what ain't broke. The brand is having a great year, just leave it alone. Now the rest of the brands need a major overhaul.....
I wouldn't make that assumption. The ESS feature on the JLs is proof that the kiddie engineers that they hire these days will most definitely *try* to fix something that is not broken.

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
Would not have to deal with customs taxes from the us for canadians anymore lol maybe I will get my JL I orderd in February 2018 before 2019 ....
Sponsored