Sponsored

Hypertech - Speedo Calibration - DTC Reader

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
For those looking for something to recalibrate the speedo and read and clear DTCs here you go.

58EFAD3D-5B45-4BCA-ABE6-081458E9951A.jpeg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yes, for $229.00. Very very limited in what it can do. I can't see spending that much, when for a bit more you can get another programmer that does far more. https://www.quadratec.com/p/hypertech/speedometer-calibrator-jeep-wrangler-jl

In a few weeks there is also going to be an offering by another outfit that just disables ESS and that is it. Word has it that it will cost $210.00. Again, why not go the extra few $ and get a programmer that does far more.

In regard to a decent programmer... down the road, in a few years when you sell your JL, you will easily be able to resell the programmer and get more then 1/2 of your $ back. Why not buy a programmer that offers you lots and one that you can easily resell down the line.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
In regard to a decent programmer... down the road, in a few years when you sell your JL, you will easily be able to resell the programmer and get more then 1/2 of your $ back. Why not buy a programmer that offers you lots and one that you can easily resell down the line.
Unless this programmer is different than others once you hook it up to one vehicle it becomes “married” to that ECM and won’t work with others.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Unless this programmer is different than others once you hook it up to one vehicle it becomes “married” to that ECM and won’t work with others.
@Mojito Mojo

Regardless of the brand programmer, once you unmarry it, it can be used on another vehicle. It can be sold to someone who will use it on another vehicle...

Note: When you unmarry from the first vehicle you lose all the settings on the vehicle you programmed with the programmer.

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes, for $229.00. Very very limited in what it can do. I can't see spending that much, when for a bit more you can get another programmer that does far more. https://www.quadratec.com/p/hypertech/speedometer-calibrator-jeep-wrangler-jl

In a few weeks there is also going to be an offering by another outfit that just disables ESS and that is it. Word has it that it will cost $210.00. Again, why not go the extra few $ and get a programmer that does far more.

Most dealers are charging $150-$200 to recalibrate, if you change tire sizes more than once it’s paid for - plus you can read and clear codes - it isn’t intended to compete with Superchips or Tazer, they will have programmers out soon for that purpose.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Superchips unit is $249. However, it doesn't do much. No ESS kill. AutoPark kill doesn't work for me. It'll do tires, gears, and DRLs basically and that's about it other than reading DTCs which a $15 tool from eBay can also do. Yeah, they are bringing new products to market soon. But there's been no announcement.

Tazer was $295 for me (used forum discount) and it's far better. LOTS more features, works seamlessly and quickly, does exactly what is advertised, and requires no bulky device to be stored away.

I haven't used the Hypertech one obviously but I agree that at $229 you're so close to the Tazer that it would be silly not to just go with that one.

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Superchips unit is $249. However, it doesn't do much. No ESS kill. AutoPark kill doesn't work for me. It'll do tires, gears, and DRLs basically and that's about it other than reading DTCs which a $15 tool from eBay can also do. Yeah, they are bringing new products to market soon. But there's been no announcement.

Tazer was $295 for me (used forum discount) and it's far better. LOTS more features, works seamlessly and quickly, does exactly what is advertised, and requires no bulky device to be stored away.

I haven't used the Hypertech one obviously but I agree that at $229 you're so close to the Tazer that it would be silly not to just go with that one.
Just putting another option on the board - there are enough Tazer/Flashcal threads.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just putting another option on the board - there are enough Tazer/Flashcal threads.
Options are good though, because options drive prices down and enable more people to get into the hobby.
Sponsored