salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
Hi there, newbie here on the forum.

I installed today a pair of Diode Dynamics switchback turn signals on my Sport S. I bought their $70 set that includes 2 - 7443 bulbs and 2 resistors. Followed instructions for installation but Im experiencing hyperflashing on dashboard while on the outside the bulbs blink at their normal rate. Any suggestions? I recorded a video (sorry it is on vertical mode).

Sponsored

OP
OP
salvadorsantana

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
PROBLEM SOLVED...

I went back onto Diode Dynamics Youtube video and watch it over and over to see if I had missed something.

Then starting to look on Youtube for other "resistors installs" and one thing that I noticed was that everyone was using the pliers to secure the quick splice directly onto the blade and not on top of the "cap" of the quick splice as the guy on the Diode Dynamic showed on their video.

So I went back to try squeezing one more time the quick splice directly onto the blade firmly and BOOM now the hyperflashing on the dashboard is gone. Flashing rate is normal inside and outside.

RIGHT WAY TO SQUEEZE QUICK SPLICE

IMG-8419.jpg

WRONG WAY TO SQUEEZE QUICK SPLICE

IMG-8420.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Glad you got it fixed. Oracle Switchbacks have built in circuitry so the resistors aren't needed (for anyone that wants to avoid that issue) :)
And they're $35 :)
Sponsored