First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
I just picked up my JL from dealer who has been trying to find the code to stop The hyper flashing in my dash they had my JL for 7 days put all kind of codes but where unable to stop the hyper flash they had been talking with Chrysler engineering all week. So next week I will Finally get the fix. No Chrysler Has no code to stop this hyper flash. But good news everyone Engineering has come up with a “New led signal light” with a build in resistor“ that will be plug and play with no hyper flash yes the fix is here guys and girls I should get mine by Tuesday installed by the dealer. I don’t know how soon this will be on the market but I’m getting mine directly from Chrysler engineering.

Alasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just picked up my JL from dealer who has been trying to find the code to stop The hyper flashing in my dash they had my JL for 7 days put all kind of codes but where unable to stop the hyper flash they had been talking with Chrysler engineering all week. So next week I will Finally get the fix. No Chrysler Has no code to stop this hyper flash. But good news everyone Engineering has come up with a “New led signal light” with a build in resistor“ that will be plug and play with no hyper flash yes the fix is here guys and girls I should get mine by Tuesday installed by the dealer. I don’t know how soon this will be on the market but I’m getting mine directly from Chrysler engineering.
Which dealer?
I just called my dealer and said that they didn’t know anything about it

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Which dealer?
I just called my dealer and said that they didn’t know anything about it
The Secret is not out yet with engineering at Chrysler. My JL is gonna be as per Service manager at the dealer “ “The pioneer“ of theses new lights. Got a call from the dealer on Friday. This Monday morning today I dropped off my JL. To have them install. Won’t be ready until the morning they are still having a bid of a problem with the purchase code they did one side today. I was told it will be ready tomorrow. I will put up pictures as soon as I get my JL. They are very confident That it will work I guess after they give Chrysler The green light the Secret will be out. My dealer is in Huntington New York Chrysler jeep Dealer.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I am not sure this is a secret. Using a Taser JL to set the front indicators to LED fixed the issue for me, no problem.

I had the dealer install the Mopar fender kit 8221573AC on my 2018 JLU Sport S. I had the hyperflash/failure issue on the front indicators. I looked at the documentation that comes with the kit, and there is no mention of putting in a code to make the LEDs work.

There must be a code, as the Tazer JL made the adjustment, and it all works fine now. I told the dealer to call FCA and get it figured out, as I want it set with the dealer tools.

Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
I am not sure this is a secret. Using a Taser JL to set the front indicators to LED fixed the issue for me, no problem.

I had the dealer install the Mopar fender kit 8221573AC on my 2018 JLU Sport S. I had the hyperflash/failure issue on the front indicators. I looked at the documentation that comes with the kit, and there is no mention of putting in a code to make the LEDs work.

There must be a code, as the Tazer JL made the adjustment, and it all works fine now. I told the dealer to call FCA and get it figured out, as I want it set with the dealer tools.
Seems to me they don’t know how yet. They still haven’t been able to stop hyper flash on my 2019 Sahara. And they purchased and put these in. I’ve been going back-and-forth with a loaner car for a couple of weeks now. It’s not that they haven’t been trying. I hear it’s a bigger issue with the 2019? I’m not giving up. Jijijiji we can put a man on the moon but Chrysler can’t make the hyper flash stop.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Seems to me they don’t know how yet. They still haven’t been able to stop hyper flash on my 2019 Sahara. And they purchased and put these in. I’ve been going back-and-forth with a loaner car for a couple of weeks now. It’s not that they haven’t been trying. I hear it’s a bigger issue with the 2019? I’m not giving up. Jijijiji we can put a man on the moon but Chrysler can’t make the hyper flash stop.
It’s a matter of time for a fix. I’m going to enjoy The rest of my summer in my new jl and deal with this later.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
It’s a matter of time for a fix. I’m going to enjoy The rest of my summer in my new jl and deal with this later.
Has anyone tried the Morimoto XB led turn signal

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

My dealer has a star case open on this. I have a customer service case on this. The Tazer JL can make it work. The dealer has no way to make it work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
My dealer has a star case open on this. I have a customer service case on this. The Tazer JL can make it work. The dealer has no way to make it work.
You’re 100% right. Done that been their

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
You’re 100% right. Done that been their
They claim not to know what a Tazer is. We can put a man on the moon but Chrysler can’t make there own lights work? Lol

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Yes... don't touch them unless you have a tazer. I'm on my third set and they still fail. Just waiting to have an extra $300 to drop on a tazer.
Ordered a Superchips Flashcal 3571-JL, should be here on Wednesday hoping to try and flash my JL for LED and see if the Morimoto Fender LED's will work correctly. The Morimoto's look sweet but definitely don't work as they should. TRFS just tells you they'll add you to the "list" when an update comes available..

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

They claim not to know what a Tazer is. We can put a man on the moon but Chrysler can’t make there own lights work? Lol
The service guy at my dealer had not heard of the Tazer JL either. Reasonably, they cannot use it. I can only imagine what would happen if they tried to file a claim with FCA when they cause a problem by using an unauthorized third party device. I am a bit bummed that the folks in my local service department are not really in to their profession. For example, I prefer doctors who are "medical geeks".. dentists who are "dental geeks".. when folks are really in to what they do, I like to think I am better off as a consumer.

It irks me that the service department folks and the mechanics seem to be clock punchers.. and not really in to what they are doing. Basically, I would expect a mechanic who is in to Jeeps to know what a Tazer JL is... makes it hard for them to advocate for me when they don't really know anything outside of their immediate area.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
The service guy at my dealer had not heard of the Tazer JL either. Reasonably, they cannot use it. I can only imagine what would happen if they tried to file a claim with FCA when they cause a problem by using an unauthorized third party device. I am a bit bummed that the folks in my local service department are not really in to their profession. For example, I prefer doctors who are "medical geeks".. dentists who are "dental geeks".. when folks are really in to what they do, I like to think I am better off as a consumer.

It irks me that the service department folks and the mechanics seem to be clock punchers.. and not really in to what they are doing. Basically, I would expect a mechanic who is in to Jeeps to know what a Tazer JL is... makes it hard for them to advocate for me when they don't really know anything outside of their immediate area.
Technology On theses JL have improve so much that They just can’t keep up
Sponsored