Hyline Summit Rear Bumper

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Does anyone have the Hyline Summit rear bumper installed on their 392....if so, how do you like it?
Sponsored

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
I have one of their bumpers…. Not sure which model… but I also got their bumper-mounted tire carrier. I totally dig it and it is very solid. Easily one of the best made bumpers out there. Be warned, the rear camera mount is different if you have the factory front facing camera. I got my 392, in April 2021, and Hyline had to fabricate a new camera bracket for me.

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I have one of their bumpers…. Not sure which model… but I also got their bumper-mounted tire carrier. I totally dig it and it is very solid. Easily one of the best made bumpers out there. Be warned, the rear camera mount is different if you have the factory front facing camera. I got my 392, in April 2021, and Hyline had to fabricate a new camera bracket for me.
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear it's solid. The one I'm considering has the license plate in the same place as the OEM. I have the Teraflex Alpha HD spare tire setup so the camera is not a problem. Do the backup sensors perform OK?

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
Yes, they perform just fine. Here is a picture
Jeep Wrangler JL Hyline Summit Rear Bumper 4FB3010A-4362-4664-BA60-49CA3A450C25

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
Here is another pic
Jeep Wrangler JL Hyline Summit Rear Bumper F7505F3A-95C6-49A7-8D06-373D7E964EE9

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I think I'm sold on the bumper....looks great and the license plate mounting is the same as OEM and not hanging out on the side. Nice looking rig, are those 37" or 40" STT Pro's

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
I think I'm sold on the bumper....looks great and the license plate mounting is the same as OEM and not hanging out on the side. Nice looking rig, are those 37" or 40" STT Pro's
I love the bumper and I think you’ll be happy with it. I ran it on my old Jeep and simply moved it over to this one… so it has had lots of off-road use and abuse. On the tires, I’m on 37’s… Dana 60’s are in my future… but steering is next…. Just waiting on parts 🥺

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I love the bumper and I think you’ll be happy with it. I ran it on my old Jeep and simply moved it over to this one… so it has had lots of off-road use and abuse. On the tires, I’m on 37’s… Dana 60’s are in my future… but steering is next…. Just waiting on parts 🥺
I ordered it from Jeep hut today...in-stock, free shipping and no tax. I had hydro-steering from Redneck Ram on my JK, it worked great...

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Did you have any problems installing the backup sensors from the old bumper to the new one? It looks like Hyline doesn't use the OEM sensor housing that can be angled, but instead has a rubber grommet that the sensor goes into. Do the sensors operate correctly?

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Did you have any problems installing the backup sensors from the old bumper to the new one? It looks like Hyline doesn't use the OEM sensor housing that can be angled, but instead has a rubber grommet that the sensor goes into. Do the sensors operate correctly?
Got it installed today....everything works great....all sensors function correctly....

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Here's the Hyline Bumper installed....the hardest part was getting the sensors out of the OEM bumper....I found some D-rings that match the gold elsewhere on the 392....

Jeep Wrangler JL Hyline Summit Rear Bumper Hyline Bumper
Nice - where did you get the D-rings from?

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Nice - where did you get the D-rings from?
Amazon...AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle (2 Pack) 68,000Ibs Break Strength with 7/8" Screw Pin and Shackle Isolator & Washers Kit for Tow Strap Winch Off Road Vehicle Recovery Gold & Black

Last edited:

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they perform just fine. Here is a picture
Jeep Wrangler JL Hyline Summit Rear Bumper Hyline Bumper
hows the dimensions compared to stock plastic bumper? Im thinking between this or metalcloak bumper..loove how this has the license plate mount already

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
Couldn’t tell ya, sorry
Sponsored