HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

CHeeesseee

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Altitude, 2021 Chevy Trail Boss
Our somehwhat new 21 Sahara that we got in september, just ended up finding the hyrdo blue page.

Nothing to crazy yet but I think we can agree its always a work in progress

Borla Climber Cat-back exhaust
S&B Cold air intake
JL Tazer Mini
Oracle flush mount tail lights & bumper reverse lights
Tint & Ceramic Coating
Black Lugs
Some smaller aesthetics interior wise (hydro blue accent knobs etc)

Venator front bumper on order with hydro blue d-rings

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 277456368_451890760024909_8792637720030644149_n
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 277427450_5566442540033192_8142384219347516774_n
Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Got in the rocks this weekend, spent it up at Uwharrie. Ran every trail there, no new body damage so that’s a win 🤣 Got a new badge of honor running Dickey Bell. Also ran Daniel, that was sporty with no spotters besides the GF who’s new to off-roading…but got it done!

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 3E5922E9-20B2-45CC-A8C8-8FB5DAC915FF

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Got in the rocks this weekend, spent it up at Uwharrie. Ran every trail there, no new body damage so that’s a win 🤣 Got a new badge of honor running Dickey Bell. Also ran Daniel, that was sporty with no spotters besides the GF who’s new to off-roading…but got it done!

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club trim.64F819DA-B165-43A7-BBA8-EFA44BC24A74.MOV

It looks like you have the XR package from the fender lips. Do you still have stock XR suspension? That's pretty good flex......

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
It looks like you have the XR package from the fender lips. Do you still have stock XR suspension? That's pretty good flex......
Yep, 392XR. I’m running a 3.5” Metalcloak Gamechanger. Going to be changing front shocks soon as I have a little too much flex up front with my current shock setup…coils come loose at full droop

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Could run some limiting straps, cheaper and better than maxing out a shock.

First trip of 2022 to Uwharrie on the 16th for me!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Joyride got a few upgrades this weekend - MOPAR Steel bumper (with Gladiator Mojave orange tow hooks) and Diver Down black/blue neoprene seat covers. I have some Alien Sunshades in the box as well but it's supposed to rain all week, so I'll wait on those till I get the top back off.

Could not be more pleased with how awesome the orange hooks look against the Hydro. So dope.

The Diver Down blue is a little darker than Hydro, but I think it's as close as they could realistically get with neoprene. Also looks slightly darker in the photo below cause it's in my garage with the top on - will probably look better outdoors with the top off.

More details/pics in my build thread.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club PXL_20220409_221323048

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club PXL_20220409_221311127

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club PXL_20220410_154155911

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
OK, first you have done everything I'm doing except the bumper. Thats a sharp rig.

I'm not sure why Jeep choose Red for the hooks on the Rubi. Orange is what it should be and what mine will be also. Did you take them off to paint them?

If Quadratec gets off their asses and sends me my Diver Downs I'll be installing them soon.
How bad was the install?
Do they fit well?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

OK, first you have done everything I'm doing except the bumper. Thats a sharp rig.

I'm not sure why Jeep choose Red for the hooks on the Rubi. Orange is what it should be and what mine will be also. Did you take them off to paint them?

If Quadratec gets off their asses and sends me my Diver Downs I'll be installing them soon.
How bad was the install?
Do they fit well?
Great minds think alike. :)

TBH, all of the Rubi Red (and varying shades on the same vehicle) is a large part of why I don't have a Rubicon. Seems stupid but it would have annoyed the piss out of me. And I hate red.

I didn't paint these - they're off a Gladiator Mojave, given to me by a local Jeep club member. If I was doing it again, I'd just paint them. Removing the red ones to swap them out was a HUGE pain in the butt due to these little star-cut push-lock washers MOPAR used on the steel bumper.

Diver Down - cancel with Quadratec and order off Amazon. Same price, I got them 2 days later, and I'm protected by Amazon's no-hassle return policy.

Quadratec - $199 w/ "free" grab handles - 10% forum discount = $179
Amazon - $199 w/ 10% "check the box to apply coupon" coupon = $179.

I didn't get the free grab handles but not too bothered with that. Installation was pretty easy - more notes/details in the build thread.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Great minds think alike. :)

TBH, all of the Rubi Red (and varying shades on the same vehicle) is a large part of why I don't have a Rubicon. Seems stupid but it would have annoyed the piss out of me. And I hate red.

I didn't paint these - they're off a Gladiator Mojave, given to me by a local Jeep club member. If I was doing it again, I'd just paint them. Removing the red ones to swap them out was a HUGE pain in the butt due to these little star-cut push-lock washers MOPAR used on the steel bumper.

Diver Down - cancel with Quadratec and order off Amazon. Same price, I got them 2 days later, and I'm protected by Amazon's no-hassle return policy.

Quadratec - $199 w/ "free" grab handles - 10% forum discount = $179
Amazon - $199 w/ 10% "check the box to apply coupon" coupon = $179.

I didn't get the free grab handles but not too bothered with that. Installation was pretty easy - more notes/details in the build thread.
Thanks. Sadly I sent my yellow ones back for exchange for blue.... like a month ago..... and nothing. So right now I'm out my original 200 plus 38 to ship them back.

Not sure what's up with @Quadratec but I hope they sort it out soon. I like the company and the private branded stuff but lately they are non-responsive via phone, chat, email and this forum. Its scary.

I want the Diver Downs which I think is their private brand. I'm sure you know they will fade fast, so get some UV protection on them soon.

I'll check your build thread soon, but its 74 out today and rain all next week, I'm going for a Jeep ride.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thanks. Sadly I sent my yellow ones back for exchange for blue.... like a month ago..... and nothing. So right now I'm out my original 200 plus 38 to ship them back.

Not sure what's up with @Quadratec but I hope they sort it out soon. I like the company and the private branded stuff but lately they are non-responsive via phone, chat, email and this forum. Its scary.

I want the Diver Downs which I think is their private brand. I'm sure you know they will fade fast, so get some UV protection on them soon.

I'll check your build thread soon, but its 74 out today and rain all next week, I'm going for a Jeep ride.
Ah, bummer.

I've heard about the fading, but tbh, it's not a real concern for me - as said, these are just summer covers to protect the leather. If they only last 1 summer, I'll be happy.