HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
If you put the doors back on, you have to take the arm and mirror assembly off. You'll absolutely break something if you try to close the door with them on, lol. The base mount stays put, though.

mirror1.jpg

It's super quick to remove, no tools required. Just unscrew the knob at the inside end of the mirror arm and they slide right out.

The downside of this is that someone else can unscrew them in about 30 seconds, too. But CMM sells some optional mirror locks if you're worried about that: https://cmmoffroad.com/collections/jeep-jl-parts/products/cmm-offroad-mirror-locks-with-key

Thanks I will def go with this set. I guess the locks are kinda cheap insurance. IDK
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Joyride got new shoes (and socks? not sure about this metaphor...) this week.

Snagged a full 5-pack of Rubicon take-offs for an even $1,000 from a local offroad shop. Direct factory take-offs - the rims still have the protective film on them. I'd already put ~9K miles on my Dueler A/Ts, so it's like getting a total reset.

Yes, I realize it basically looks like all y'all's do off the factory, but I'm really pleased with the look thus far. It also got me off those 18's and into 17's, so it'll be easier to replace tire/wheel separately in the future if I want to.

Next up: bumpers.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 3eeb4284-f804-4d3c-88e5-f183e27ff1f7

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara

Snagged a full 5-pack of Rubicon take-offs for an even $1,000 from a local offroad shop. Direct factory take-offs - the rims still have the protective film on them. I'd already put ~9K miles on my Dueler A/Ts, so it's like getting a total reset.

Yes, I realize it basically looks like all y'all's do off the factory, but I'm really pleased with the look thus far. It also got me off those 18's and into 17's, so it'll be easier to replace tire/wheel separately in the future if I want to.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 3eeb4284-f804-4d3c-88e5-f183e27ff1f7
I like it! I'm also thinking about switching my Sahara rims to the Rubicon ones as well. Is that factory height?

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I like it! I'm also thinking about switching my Sahara rims to the Rubicon ones as well. Is that factory height?
It is not - I have the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift installed. You can read more about it on my build thread, but note that it's 2" in the front, 1.5" in the back (to correct for the factory rake). My Sahara Altitude didn't actually have any factory rake, so I needed to *also* buy the 0.5" Teraflex rear spacers to level it out properly.

The "Before" picture is with the spacer lift installed (minus the 0.5" rear spacers cause I hadn't gotten by then)

I will probably replace this with a proper suspension lift next year (either AEV or Durasport) after I get front/back bumpers and it settles down a little, but it's good enough for light off-roading and cheap enough that I don't feel like I wasted money.

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350

good call. I like the new look.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Maybe adding a steel front bumper (should have from the factory) to my Hydro Blue Rubicon, probably the OEM one. Does anyone know if the blue hooks match Hydro Blue or is it the electric blue from the 4xe?

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Sitting here on the couch bored on a cold Saturday evening, so thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

It's probably obvious from my username and profile pic that I'm a HellaYella fan. I have always liked the yellow/black color combination in general. I took delivery of my first Jeep 2 1/2 months ago in October of this year and I truly luv it.

In the 6 months since I ordered my rollup windows/manual locks Hella stripper, I have had some welcome, modest, positive financial changes which allows me to now purchase a Jeep with actual power windows and everything like a normal person. 😄

Due to the once in a lifetime car business climate we find ourselves in, I am able to (reluctantly) sell my Hella and order a 22 Sport S model without taking the typical huge financial hit of selling a virtually new, used vehicle.

Sadly, Hella was discontinued right after I ordered mine. Being a HUGE fan of Skittle colors for Wranglers, I am very disappointed with the preponderance of neutral, non-colors in the 22 line up.

That said, lucky for me, I have always really liked Hydro.

So, my 22 Unlimited Hydro Sport S went on order Thursday afternoon. 😁
I am hoping for an April drop date.

Frugal as I am, it's still pretty plain, all I added was the dual top group and MOPAR doors off mirror kit.

I am in no hurry to get this one, so it will probably show up in February with my luck, ha!

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Sitting here on the couch bored on a cold Saturday evening, so thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

It's probably obvious from my username and profile pic that I'm a HellaYella fan. I have always liked the yellow/black color combination in general. I took delivery of my first Jeep 2 1/2 months ago in October of this year and I truly luv it.

In the 6 months since I ordered my rollup windows/manual locks Hella stripper, I have had some welcome, modest, positive financial changes which allows me to now purchase a Jeep with actual power windows and everything like a normal person. 😄

Due to the once in a lifetime car business climate we find ourselves in, I am able to (reluctantly) sell my Hella and order a 22 Sport S model without taking the typical huge financial hit of selling a virtually new, used vehicle.

Sadly, Hella was discontinued right after I ordered mine. Being a HUGE fan of Skittle colors for Wranglers, I am very disappointed with the preponderance of neutral, non-colors in the 22 line up.

That said, lucky for me, I have always really liked Hydro.

So, my 22 Unlimited Hydro Sport S went on order Thursday afternoon. 😁
I am hoping for an April drop date.

Frugal as I am, it's still pretty plain, all I added was the dual top group and MOPAR doors off mirror kit.

I am in no hurry to get this one, so it will probably show up in February with my luck, ha!
bit like me - love the Mojito green, and only 14K miles on my jeep

but can't look the gift horse in mouth of tradign up from a 2019 Sahara to a 2022 Rubicon for a few thousand bucks (hoping used values hold up )

I would have ordered Punk'n or Hell'ya if available so hoping Hydro Blue looks great in person - but again its a 2-3 year thing until i head to UK or South Africa

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Tricked it out a bit wit some 315/70-17 K02’s and 392 take off’s. No lift or spacers. I’ll see how it does next time I get off-road as to whether I need to alter anything.

ED2E3C1A-FFDF-4EB8-BA6A-88AA78BE703C.jpeg

5B6864DA-4013-42BF-8533-27FD12553DC9.jpeg

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Tricked it out a bit wit some 315/70-17 K02’s and 392 take off’s. No lift or spacers. I’ll see how it does next time I get off-road as to whether I need to alter anything.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 5B6864DA-4013-42BF-8533-27FD12553DC9

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 5B6864DA-4013-42BF-8533-27FD12553DC9
Looks fantastic. Can’t decide if I should go to 35s without a lift. Please keep us updated on how well it flexes off road

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Anyone know how long Hydro has been offered?
thread started July 20 for Wranglers but was available prior on Gladiators

although this is a back in the day color so probably 2004 or something if that is what you meant ?
Sponsored