HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm less than a week in and haven't taken the doors off yet, but thus far I've had similar observations.

Even having the hard top off and getting on the freeway (all our local freeways are 70MPH speed limit) is....rough. It's actually pretty nice for me, the driver, but my passengers have been pretty clear that it gets damn windy back there.

I DEFINITELY plan on getting a hoist though. The best way to build a tolerance is with constant exposure, right?
Yeah, my hoist was one of the best purchases. Being able to have the top off in minutes, without help, is a HUGE incentive to get topless all the time.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_4214

Plus, it holds the doors nicely, too.

But yeah, I don't think the wind is for everybody. 😆

Doesn't bother me, but I just put my hair back, hat on, and sunglasses down, and enjoy the breeze--even at 70mph. But, that's just me. And I couldn't give two 💩's about showing up somewhere while rocking the windblown look. I also have the rear seat out, so I never hear any complaints from back there, either. ;)

I DO keep a handful of hair ties, bandanas, and a hat in a seat pocket in case a passenger doesn't want to look like they just took a stroll in a Cat 5 hurricane. 😆

I'm loving the topless thing so much, though. Only reason I see to ever put the top back on at this point is when I need the stacking space for camping gear. Or the two days out of the year when it rains in SoCal.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I am looking at this lift for my top - https://www.fleximounts.com/garage-...44b-4-x-4-overhead-garage-storage-lift-black/

Looks like if you combine it with the Topsy attachments it is simple and robust for holding the top when not in use
Did you look at the Harken Hoist? It's only $175 on Amazon and specifically built for the hard top.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DCJYVK/

I'm a bit stuck on this, actually. "My" side of the garage currently has the attic stairs opening, which means if I do a hoist, I'm going to have to either convince my wife to swap sides* or at the least store my hard top in front of her. It would also make more sense as that's the side of the garage with less foot traffic anyways.

I've thought about a cart that would stand the hard top against the wall (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V39PC2/) but while that's more convenient for storage, it doesn't help me take the top OFF, at all, so I think that's out.

I would rather not get one of those TopLift Pro things, either. For starters, they're $$$, but also I'd be worried about it getting bumped, etc in my garage.

*It would actually make more sense for us to switch, also, because of the way the Jeep's tailgate opens, but it's just the mental block of we've been parking in our "spots" for the past ~3 years

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Did you look at the Harken Hoist? It's only $175 on Amazon and specifically built for the hard top.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DCJYVK/

I'm a bit stuck on this, actually. "My" side of the garage currently has the attic stairs opening, which means if I do a hoist, I'm going to have to either convince my wife to swap sides* or at the least store my hard top in front of her. It would also make more sense as that's the side of the garage with less foot traffic anyways.

I've thought about a cart that would stand the hard top against the wall (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V39PC2/) but while that's more convenient for storage, it doesn't help me take the top OFF, at all, so I think that's out.

I would rather not get one of those TopLift Pro things, either. For starters, they're $$$, but also I'd be worried about it getting bumped, etc in my garage.

*It would actually make more sense for us to switch, also, because of the way the Jeep's tailgate opens, but it's just the mental block of we've been parking in our "spots" for the past ~3 years
I have seen this one, and I do like it, especially as I have decided to remove the hanging shelves that would other wise be in the way.

My only concern is my inability to tie knots, especially since all 4 knots need to be even for this system to work

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have seen this one, and I do like it, especially as I have decided to remove the hanging shelves that would other wise be in the way.

My only concern is my inability to tie knots, especially since all 4 knots need to be even for this system to work
I really love my Lange Hoist a Cart. No knots. No need to drill in my rental's ceiling. Completely mobile so I can roll it outside to remove where there's more space. Stores the hardtop low to the ground, so no worries about it falling in an earthquake. And the whole thing rolls wherever you need to store it.

Only downside: it was backordered and took three months to get here. Longer than the Jeep took to build.

Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
I NEVER tire of seeing pictures of this color! Thanks for posting.

I love seeing naked Jeeps. The most I can do is open the SOT all the way and remove the rear sides and doors. The look is a little funky. The reality is that even if I could I would never go naked, because it is too much work going back and forth, so I wouldn’t do it, but it makes me happy seeing those that do.
Here you go

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20210627_121246 (2)

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Here you go

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20210627_121246 (2)
Whoa whoa whoa, what the hell is that thing on the back!?!?

This is the WRANGLER forum!

Haha, just kidding - nice rig. A Gladiator is why I have Hydro Blue - saw it on a Gladiator IRL and it sold me.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So I finally came up with a name that I like and seems to fit my Jeep, but having a hard time deciding on the hood decal.

See three options below:

1. Retro gradient
2. All Black
3. 4xe style black with blue outline
4. Black outline

Keep in mind that I will soon have black hinge covers and black handle tray inserts, so there will be lots of black accents.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Photoshop_2021-07-26_08-22-33

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Photoshop_2021-07-26_08-22-38

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Photoshop_2021-07-26_08-30-27

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Photoshop_2021-07-26_08-38-46

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
So I finally came up with a name that I like and seems to fit my Jeep, but having a hard time deciding on the hood decal.

See three options below:

1. Retro gradient
2. All Black
3. 4xe style black with blue outline
4. Black outline

Keep in mind that I will soon have black hinge covers and black handle tray inserts, so there will be lots of black accents.

My vote is for 1 or 4, with 1 being top vote.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys

DevilDogJeeper

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
woohoo! I got a VIN #... 1 step closer!

I'm already chomping at the bit to start in on the mods. I was able to keep 4 wheels and tires from my JK after my accident so I'll be putting those on as soon as the lift kit goes on. (37" Mud Grapplers with B.A.D. bead locks) I had a Metalcloak lift on the JK for 9 years with 0 problems, so I will be doing the Metalcloak 3.5" again. Probably going to order on their next sale for Labor Day.
I'm having a hard time choosing bumpers. I had all Poison Spyder on the JK but it seems they raised their prices a lot since selling out. I'm stuck between Motobilt and Icon bumpers right now. 🤔

This is the last pic of the JK before she was totaled last month. 😭 Owned her for 14 years... I do think the Hydro blue is gonna be much better than the Steel blue.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20210424_153827
Sponsored