HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK - HBPC SportS / Ordering '21 JL - HB Sahara
I have a '16 JK in hydro blue, and am finally jumping in to order a JL before hydro blue may go away. Even after 5 years this color cleans up so nice... it may be my favorite thing about my JK... ok tied with my method wheels lol

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
We were on road for 4 of 5 weeks. I didn’t have the time to track this closely other than it showed up at the dealership two weeks sooner than expected. Then it sat waiting for us to get back home, regroup and pick it up.

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Damn this color looks good topless!

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20210720_195305

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20210720_195305
Looks like Summer!!!
Can't wait for mine to arrive on Australian shores. I've only seen 1 in Hydro Blue on the road (and Insta stories hahahahah) ever, so I'm really looking forward to mine. With all the options I chose it's a one-of-a-kind for Aus.

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looks very good! Are those KC lights? The happy covers look great as well
Yup, KC Gravity Pro6, spot beam. These suckers are SUPER bright. Pretty sure I could light up the moon with them.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club tbDSC_0341b

And thanks! I'm a sucker for the retro look, so I bought the smiley face covers and I just love them!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Yup, KC Gravity Pro6, spot beam. These suckers are SUPER bright. Pretty sure I could light up the moon with them.

And thanks! I'm a sucker for the retro look, so I bought the smiley face covers and I just love them!
How do they mount? I could see adding this to mine....once it actually gets built and delivered

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

Oh yeah, this color is absolutely made to run naked.
I NEVER tire of seeing pictures of this color! Thanks for posting.

I love seeing naked Jeeps. The most I can do is open the SOT all the way and remove the rear sides and doors. The look is a little funky. The reality is that even if I could I would never go naked, because it is too much work going back and forth, so I wouldn’t do it, but it makes me happy seeing those that do.

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
How do they mount? I could see adding this to mine....once it actually gets built and delivered
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_3876

Small metal bracket, bolts directly onto one of the hood bolts and the windshield hinge. Small riser keeps it off the paint. Came with the JL-specific kit.

I later bought a light lock bolt for the light itself, so it's not as easy to just wrench it off and steal it, too.

Super easy install for the whole thing. The wiring harness KC gives you is a little long, so I trimmed it down some. Installed it onto one of the aux switches, so didn't need the switch they include in the kit.

Definitely recommend. The quality on these lights is top notch.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I NEVER tire of seeing pictures of this color! Thanks for posting.

I love seeing naked Jeeps. The most I can do is open the SOT all the way and remove the rear sides and doors. The look is a little funky. The reality is that even if I could I would never go naked, because it is too much work going back and forth, so I wouldn’t do it, but it makes me happy seeing those that do.
Honestly, I probably won't go doorless for long. It's windy as hell above 50mph and everything is a freeway trip here where I live. For local roads, though, it's a blast. So I'll enjoy it for a little while, then put 'em back on.

I will say, though, I LOVE having the hardtop off. Splurging on a hardtop hoist was the best decision. Makes it a breeze to swap.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Honestly, I probably won't go doorless for long. It's windy as hell above 50mph and everything is a freeway trip here where I live. For local roads, though, it's a blast. So I'll enjoy it for a little while, then put 'em back on.

I will say, though, I LOVE having the hardtop off. Splurging on a hardtop hoist was the best decision. Makes it a breeze to swap.
I'm less than a week in and haven't taken the doors off yet, but thus far I've had similar observations.

Even having the hard top off and getting on the freeway (all our local freeways are 70MPH speed limit) is....rough. It's actually pretty nice for me, the driver, but my passengers have been pretty clear that it gets damn windy back there.

I DEFINITELY plan on getting a hoist though. The best way to build a tolerance is with constant exposure, right?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I'm less than a week in and haven't taken the doors off yet, but thus far I've had similar observations.

Even having the hard top off and getting on the freeway (all our local freeways are 70MPH speed limit) is....rough. It's actually pretty nice for me, the driver, but my passengers have been pretty clear that it gets damn windy back there.

I DEFINITELY plan on getting a hoist though. The best way to build a tolerance is with constant exposure, right?
I am looking at this lift for my top - https://www.fleximounts.com/garage-...44b-4-x-4-overhead-garage-storage-lift-black/

Looks like if you combine it with the Topsy attachments it is simple and robust for holding the top when not in use
Sponsored