First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

https://www.warn.com/zeon-10s-winch-89611

She’s a tiiiiiiiight fit. Ran it on my ‘18 JLUR and now this ‘21 JLURxe and both are incredibly tight fits.
I have a Hydro Blue Rubicon on order…long story short up near Mt Rainer and Mt Adams here in Washington state and came up on a 100 yard section of deep slushy snow. Was smart enough not to get my Ram 1500 stuck, as there was an abandoned F150 in the middle and a stuck Subaru at the other end. A brand new Rubicon came up, carefully traversed 75%. He delicately got by the F150 without sliding into it. Any way he then hooked up his winch and easily made it the rest of the way.
Wife and I are now 100% convinced of the value of a winch, though I stupidly didn’t order the steel bumper group…
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I have a Hydro Blue Rubicon on order…long story short up near Mt Rainer and Mt Adams here in Washington state and came up on a 100 yard section of deep slushy snow. Was smart enough not to get my Ram 1500 stuck, as there was an abandoned F150 in the middle and a stuck Subaru at the other end. A brand new Rubicon came up, carefully traversed 75%. He delicately got by the F150 without sliding into it. Any way he then hooked up his winch and easily made it the rest of the way.
Wife and I are now 100% convinced of the value of a winch, though I stupidly didn’t order the steel bumper group…
Don't sweat the steel bumper, you can add one yourself without too much effort. I have one I might be willing to sell (red rubicon hooks), can't decide if I want to keep it as a spare to practice painting touch-up paint on, or sell it...

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

The steel bumper group is 1500 bucks and you still need to buy a winch plate. Just buy a winch ready bumper. I bought an Arcus for 550 bucks and it has a nice winch plate.

winch5.jpg

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

A few shots with the 37s on. No lift yet. Doing fine around town so far, nothing off pavement yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 8A94CBA1-BB28-4BEF-9D63-C2D66FBA1086

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 8A94CBA1-BB28-4BEF-9D63-C2D66FBA1086

What bumper bar is that?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Yup - my issue is I like the Mopar steel bumper....
DV8 has one that looks similar, and there's a thread in the Exterior Mods subforum with links to am Amazon knockoff for $450 that forum users have actually bought/installed with good reports.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Awesome color waiting on mine to be built, dang gorilla glass, what rims are those?
Roger
What bumper bar is that?
DV8 has one that looks similar, and there's a thread in the Exterior Mods subforum with links to am Amazon knockoff for $450 that forum users have actually bought/installed with good reports.
These are SKS K5 wheels. Love em.

And the bumper bar is the Warn mid height (some photos of it on my previous JLUR):
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-guard-stinger-hoop-options.18541/post-504773

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone have photos with silver or gold beadlocks (beadlooks are fine also)? I'm currently leaning towards silver. Best I could do so far was drag the spare from my TJ next to the JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20210621_154204

AtomicDutchOven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe soon!
Hey all - I have a hydro blue 4xe on order and I'm trying to decide which license plate goes best with the color, or if I should just go for a standard FL plate with a custom random word :).

Any thoughts? Sorry for the trivial question, just something that's been on my mind.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club oceans

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club lightnin

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club gator
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club standard

Last edited:

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey all - I have a hydro blue 4xe on order and I'm trying to decide which license plate goes best with the color, or if I should just go for a standard FL plate with a custom random word :).

Any thoughts? Sorry for the trivial question, just something that's been on my mind.

If it were me, I'd go with the Discover Oceans plate out of those choices. Looks nice, fits with the 'hydro' theme, and the fees go to a good cause.

Makes me miss my old shark plate from FL. California's choices in specialty plates aren't nearly as cool.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
If it were me, I'd go with the Discover Oceans plate out of those choices. Looks nice, fits with the 'hydro' theme, and the fees go to a good cause.

Makes me miss my old shark plate from FL. California's choices in specialty plates aren't nearly as cool.
CA might not have cool specialty plates, but y’all get raises letter plates. Here in Alabama, they are all stickers on a piece of metal. I’d kill for a simple black and gold plate with no frills!
Sponsored