Sponsored

HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
Hello everybody,

My wife and I went to the dealer today to look at Wranglers. She wants a Hydro Blue, but they didn't have any on the lot. They did have a Hydro Blue Cherokee, but we think it looks too light. We saw a HB Gladiator a couple months ago and I remember it being darker. Dealer said all hydro blues are the same, but I don't know. Anybody else think that not all Hydro Blues are the same? Here is a pic of the Cherokee.
1618093467364.png
Hydro blue seems to be different under different lighting conditions. Sometimes it's bright, sometimes it's darker. That picture of the cherokee looks like it's just about under direct sunlight, so it may appear lighter. Go back to the dealer if it's not far and reexamine it late afternoon/early evening. I bet it looks completely different.

That could also be a cheif blue, which looks more like that color, and not a hydro blue. Did it say hydro on the window sticker?
Sponsored

DeepSea

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT LE, T120, JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Diver
Hydro blue seems to be different under different lighting conditions. Sometimes it's bright, sometimes it's darker. That picture of the cherokee looks like it's just about under direct sunlight, so it may appear lighter. Go back to the dealer if it's not far and reexamine it late afternoon/early evening. I bet it looks completely different.

That could also be a cheif blue, which looks more like that color, and not a hydro blue. Did it say hydro on the window sticker?
Yes, it did say Hydro Blue on the window sticker. That is a stock photo from the dealers website. It was cloudy yesterday when we saw it in person and it was on a raised platform about 3 feet above ground. It just didn't look the same. We'll try to find a HB Wrangler near by and see what it looks like.

InTooJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '07 Trailblazer
Ordered 3/22
Picked up yesterday morning 4/10

'21 JLUR 2.0, Prem Soft Top, LED, 8.4, Tow/Aux, Steel Bumper, Cold Weather, Tan leather.

Our first new vehicle but 4th Jeep. This one's too shiny and expensive to scratch up on the trails right now lol. Hopefully the better half will have less anxiety wheeling it after we've played around with it for a little while.
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_20210410_130629_232

Last edited:

Hydro willy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl unlimited willys
I just placed a Order today for a hydro blue willys sport with half door option. I can not wait till it comes in just looking for premium soft top in the mean time. I had a 15 jk unlimited rubicon hard rock sold it got a ram now it is paid off keeping that but time for another Jeep. I have always loved that color and have not had half doors since my tj. I am so pumped!

Sponsored

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
I just placed a Order today for a hydro blue willys sport with half door option. I can not wait till it comes in just looking for premium soft top in the mean time. I had a 15 jk unlimited rubicon hard rock sold it got a ram now it is paid off keeping that but time for another Jeep. I have always loved that color and have not had half doors since my tj. I am so pumped!
You will love it!! Hope it gets built quick!!

Mister_rude

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (On Order), Had Green2004 TJ Rubicon
Picked up my Hydro Blue JLUR today. Looking forward to a long history of adventures and an empty wallet. First Mods were the shorty antenna and a screen protector. Now on to other really useful changes...

Hydro willy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl unlimited willys
Thanks I hope so to I am only 45 min from the plant so hope that helps at least with shipping I have read on here about people waiting on the trains and all that so fingers crossed just hoping I made the right decision to cheap out and go with the willys sport over the willys never had big touch screen and figured 3rd car that is gonna have half doors most the time what’s the difference if I put the full ones on with standard crank windows not sure on the other differences still been re searching that but guess it does not matter now it ordered with non refundable down payment

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
Thanks I hope so to I am only 45 min from the plant so hope that helps at least with shipping I have read on here about people waiting on the trains and all that so fingers crossed just hoping I made the right decision to cheap out and go with the willys sport over the willys never had big touch screen and figured 3rd car that is gonna have half doors most the time what’s the difference if I put the full ones on with standard crank windows not sure on the other differences still been re searching that but guess it does not matter now it ordered with non refundable down payment
Looking forward to seeing your build. I started down the minialist build trail and ended up with a fairly bare bones Rubicon. Like everyone else, I can't wait to receive and drive my first Jeep!

Hydro willy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl unlimited willys
Yeah I only added the half doors that’s it figured for leather and radio there are cheaper and better aftermarket. I honestly woulda only got half doors a a soft top if it woulda let me wife fixed me to do automatic or it woulda been stick with 3.6

Sponsored

phantomhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Ordered 3/2. 2 dr willys. It arrived at the dealer today!
The downside: my schedule won't let me pick it up until May...

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Just FYI for anyone who may need to run a switch inside your jeep for a light bar, etc... there is a grommet on far right side (facing jeep with hood open) about 3 inches down from the windshield. Easily removed it, drilled a hole in the cap, ran switch wire directly under dash, and put grommet back. Switch now shown in pic đź‘Ť

D5BB1F90-CDEF-48C3-B8C0-B3DD4291F510.jpeg

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
Just a stock Sahara...Ordered 12/18 and took delivery 4/1. Just lame dad updates for now; under-carseat mats, floor and cargo mats, OCD center console organizers; waiting for Bestop Sunrider and Kicker 3.5” dash speakers to arrive.

Waited several years to get back into a Jeep. The 6 speed manual is great!

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 89F08D7A-F077-4C64-83BD-DDD720544FFC

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
Just a stock Sahara...Ordered 12/18 and took delivery 4/1. Just lame dad updates for now; under-carseat mats, floor and cargo mats, OCD center console organizers; waiting for Bestop Sunrider and Kicker 3.5” dash speakers to arrive.

Waited several years to get back into a Jeep. The 6 speed manual is great!

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 89F08D7A-F077-4C64-83BD-DDD720544FFC
I'm liking those blue painted fenders.

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
I'm liking those blue painted fenders.
Same. Before ordering I was weighing the pros and cons of various trims and options, including painted vs unpainted fenders and roof. I think with a bright color like hydro blue the black roof and painted fenders are the best combination, just the right amount of contrast and bright color.
Sponsored