HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

MinerSteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
I called a dealer over the weekend for a quote and was told Hydro Blue isn't a color that half doors are available with. I hope to have a Hydro JLR ordered by the middle of this coming week.
Have you ordered your Jeep yet? Send me a email if not, I do the best prices in the midwest.
Sponsored

mqu02

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Industrial Engineering
Have you ordered your Jeep yet? Send me a email if not, I do the best prices in the midwest.
Yep, I did order it, and I'm really looking forward to it coming in. I'm going to be spending the first part of the year in the Pacific Northwest, which should be a great place to break it in.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ

Jeepnp

First Name
Kathleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydroblue Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I just went to my dealer today to discuss building and the availability of ordering hydroblue. (which I can) I just had a question. Have you ever had a sales person say that you had to add on a certain package because their system wouldn't let them order the other package without adding this one. For example, I want the "cold weather group" (comes with remote starter) he said he had to add the convenience group to it (remote starter and garage door opener)so pretty much $400 for a garage door opener. Where on the "build your jeep site" you don't need to have both. Also is it normal for their "add on" prices to be more than the "build your jeep" package prices?

On a different note, has any one selec-trac option. Husband has a rubicon and is worried I won't be able to handle the 4 wheel drive without the added option. I'm coming from a v6 Rav. Have driven his jeep, just not in snow yet.

TIA, just never have built my own car before, always bought off the lot.

Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I could not get Hydro Blue in 2019, but the wife liked the lime green anyways, so a Mojito MOAB it was. But I love my ā€˜16 JKU Sahara (still in my inventory) and would order that color again in a heartbeat on my next Jeep (whenever that might be).
Looks really nice with Silver wheels and dare I say its not every color that can look good with a fully silver wheel imo.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I just went to my dealer today to discuss building and the availability of ordering hydroblue. (which I can) I just had a question. Have you ever had a sales person say that you had to add on a certain package because their system wouldn't let them order the other package without adding this one. For example, I want the "cold weather group" (comes with remote starter) he said he had to add the convenience group to it (remote starter and garage door opener)so pretty much $400 for a garage door opener. Where on the "build your jeep site" you don't need to have both. Also is it normal for their "add on" prices to be more than the "build your jeep" package prices?

On a different note, has any one selec-trac option. Husband has a rubicon and is worried I won't be able to handle the 4 wheel drive without the added option. I'm coming from a v6 Rav. Have driven his jeep, just not in snow yet.

TIA, just never have built my own car before, always bought off the lot.
Check out the Order Guide on the Build and Price forum. Certain trims require both the Convenience Package and Cold Weather, some don't. I just ordered a Sport Altitude and it didn't need both but I believe a Sport S and Willys do.

I did have a few dealers try to tell me I HAD to order the Rubber Floor Mats with the Altitude, but where I ordered from didn't. I'd imagine those other dealers were just padding their profits by a few bucks

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Ordered my 2021 Hydro Blue Willys Sport. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the same Hydro Blue color they have shown on the new Rubicon. Frustrating that the build and price page still has Chief Blue as the blue color.

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Yeah, early February build - came from someone inside the Toledo plant.

My order is JL-R 2.0L auto (first auto in decades) Hydro Blue, safety/adv safety groups, steel bumper grp, LED grp, HD electrical/tow grp, cold weather grp, 8.4/premium audio grp, cargo grp/trail rail, satin black grill, integrated camera, remote prox/keyless entry, upper side graphic, black wheels w/machined lip, m/t tires, hinge reinforcement, rails with step assist, premium black soft top.

I still check the build sheet thing though. šŸ˜ž

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Yeah, early February build - came from someone inside the Toledo plant.

My order is JL-R 2.0L auto (first auto in decades) Hydro Blue, safety/adv safety groups, steel bumper grp, LED grp, HD electrical/tow grp, cold weather grp, 8.4/premium audio grp, cargo grp/trail rail, satin black grill, integrated camera, remote prox/keyless entry, upper side graphic, black wheels w/machined lip, m/t tires, hinge reinforcement, rails with step assist, premium black soft top.

I still check the build sheet thing though. šŸ˜ž
Sounds like a sweet build!!
Will be my first auto too (so wife can also drive). Hereā€™s my other baby. 2000 TJ. Spent last 5 years building it.

81729077-FAC3-4982-A531-E132E57690DB.jpeg

7CE769C8-7A04-4DA6-8808-EBB965230CAB.jpeg

Sponsored

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a sweet build!!
Will be my first auto too (so wife can also drive). Hereā€™s my other baby. 2000 TJ. Spent last 5 years building it.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 7CE769C8-7A04-4DA6-8808-EBB965230CAB

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 7CE769C8-7A04-4DA6-8808-EBB965230CAB
Very nice!!

Hereā€™s my current and the trade-in for the new grown-up version of this one.
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club C9B9DE91-3DF0-461F-9ABE-AADA3EA42BAC
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club D61F3868-B6FB-4588-B693-FCB83141D7E1

1405F3A0-38BB-4A26-A583-056E653F3229.jpeg

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heck yea! What color blue is that?
Hydro Blue - thatā€™s from 2016. Thatā€™s why I waited from June of last year to finally be able to order it again in December.
Itā€™s not up on the website yet though, just in the order banks and order guide.

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
I know, itā€™s driving me crazy that Chief Blue is still on the build page. I ordered the Hydro anyway based on old Hydro. You think it will be the same as your 2015? Or like the Rubicon pics they have showed? Either way, Iā€™m excited!!