Sponsored

HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has a Stingray wrangler and I love it. I probably would have chosen that if we didn’t already have a wrangler in that color.

My other choice was sarge green as it looks great against the gold 392 accidents. But ultimately I just wanted some thing that popped. Too many neutral colors in my past. One thing I don’t like on the non 392 Rubicon is the red color against the Hydro blue. I much prefer the gold accents.

As far as the roof goes, I’m not sure if I can relate, I’ll have to look at my wife’s Sahara. I opted for the sky one touch so we will see how that works out.

I am definitely going to be wheeling this unit. I opted for the full body Expel PPF for that very reason. Dirt, water and trail rash should fair well.

I’m sorry to hear you’re not as thrilled.
Here is the new top texture vs my old one (orange)

IMG_20180505_184313_Original Copy.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-175540_Photos.jpg
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

IMG_20180505_184313_Original Copy.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-175540_Photos.jpg
Oh for the non-body color hardtop. I have a body colored hardtop for the Sahara. Yeah what’s up with that? Looks way off. Have you compared it to anyone else who recently picked up their jeep?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Screenshot_20210828-175540_Photos

See I actually MUCH prefer the external texture of the new ones vs the smooth. Particularly with the flat[ter] black, I think it looks awesome and way more rugged than the smooth.

My Sahara Altitude arrived with the body color and it wasn't bad, but I was glad to be able to swap with a local dude for the black.

The inside of both is definitely not great - very much looks unfinished fiberglass.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
See I actually MUCH prefer the external texture of the new ones vs the smooth. Particularly with the flat[ter] black, I think it looks awesome and way more rugged than the smooth.

My Sahara Altitude arrived with the body color and it wasn't bad, but I was glad to be able to swap with a local dude for the black.

The inside of both is definitely not great - very much looks unfinished fiberglass.
my big concern with the new "texture" is actually how easy it will be to hide scratches. the smoother finish was very easy to touch up etc. the rough texture will be much harder to match. (think of repairing drywall with rough texture vs smooth).

the top itself also feels thinner, or more brittle. the inside is 100% worse for sure. however after my dealer confirmed the changes at least I know mine is nit just a bad one, they are all like this now. im good as long as it does not leak lol.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

my big concern with the new "texture" is actually how easy it will be to hide scratches. the smoother finish was very easy to touch up etc. the rough texture will be much harder to match. (think of repairing drywall with rough texture vs smooth).

the top itself also feels thinner, or more brittle. the inside is 100% worse for sure. however after my dealer confirmed the changes at least I know mine is nit just a bad one, they are all like this now. im good as long as it does not leak lol.
I had rented a Wrangler on a trip in March before getting mine in July. I can say that if you don't already have it, the headliner makes a big difference, both in terms of the "unfinished" look of the interior, as well as the overall sound/buffeting, etc. I have the MOPAR one but I would suspect the Hotheadz is at least equal quality.

Sponsored

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

I have pretty much your twin (minus body color hard top) on a truck to my house now. I also added gorilla glass and hardtop headliner.

Damn, I could have driven over there and tried to take it out from under you :P. (Just kidding, I didn't want the headliner since I am doing my own thing there...)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I had rented a Wrangler on a trip in March before getting mine in July. I can say that if you don't already have it, the headliner makes a big difference, both in terms of the "unfinished" look of the interior, as well as the overall sound/buffeting, etc. I have the MOPAR one but I would suspect the Hotheadz is at least equal quality.
I do have the Mopar one, I wish I went with hotheadz one since it has more pieces that come with it. I am going to see if I can order the few ones missing to finish it off.

I agree, it is a noticeable difference with and without the headliner. my older JLs did not have it. we test drove a diesel with it and had to order for this one

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, I could have driven over there and tried to take it out from under you :P. (Just kidding, I didn't want the headliner since I am doing my own thing there...)
That is an awesome dealer to work with. they earned a customer for life with me. This is my 4th new JLUR order, and 5th new Jeep order since 2017 and they were the best to work with by far.

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
I'm going orange. Just got work Mines in shipping status and should arrive by the 8th 😁😁

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
Lol I hate them also. I'm doing little accents like the mojave gladiator. I have a mojito jl now hahaha but hopefully it will be traded this week whenever my hydro shows up. So far only orange I will have on the outside is the mojave jeep emblems and I have a new rubicon sticker on order
Sponsored