HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Interesting. Despite all the photos of the Hydro Blue 392, that color is NOT listed as one of the available colors in the official 392 announcement. WTF?!
Sponsored

Last edited:

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2001 TJ, 2014 WK2
Hydro blue will come to the JL, just not as soon as some of us would like, or hope for.

What would absolutely set me off would be holding out for the Hydro Blue color for the JL for all this time and only to find out that Jeep would make a dumb decision to make the Hydro Blue color only available on the 392 special edition. I quickly glanced at the Dodge platforms (Charger Challenger and Durango) utilizing the 392 and compared them to the basic trim models for color variant availabilities between the trims and there does not appear to be any differences between them.

Cheers,

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. Despite all the photos of the Hydro Blue 392, that color is NOT listed as one of the available colors in the official 392 announcement. WTF?!
Hydro is not available on the 4xe either. Very frustrating...5 shades of grey, cancel OB, and delay hydro.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Cause it's extra.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
HYDRO BLUE IS NOW CONFIRMED ON THE WRANGLER!! Currently only the 392.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Maybe December is our month????

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe December is our month????
One could only hope. The last order guide dropped IVO 30-Oct so that's what 60 days old now. Hopefully the new one drops NLT Jan-2021, and adds hydro to the mix. Right now I'm questioning my life choices and the decision to hold out for Hydro.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
One could only hope. The last order guide dropped IVO 30-Oct so that's what 60 days old now. Hopefully the new one drops NLT Jan-2021, and adds hydro to the mix. Right now I'm questioning my life choices and the decision to hold out for Hydro.
I was set on Ocean Blue then that went away with '21, and I resided myself to Sting Gray, but after seeing the marketing images for the 392 in Hydro I have to wait. Wife gave me the green light last night to order my JLU, but was surprised when I said I had to wait!

Sponsored

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was set on Ocean Blue then that went away with '21, and I resided myself to Sting Gray, but after seeing the marketing images for the 392 in Hydro I have to wait. Wife gave me the green light last night to order my JLU, but was surprised when I said I had to wait!

I liked the ocean Blue when it was released, as it was a completely different blue hue that jeep had put on the wrangler in the past. Then when I saw it in person when under certain lighting conditions the ocean blue looks as though it has a purplish tint to it.

I love the Sting Ray Grey as it is almost an omen to the Anvil color on the older JKs, and it is probably my 2nd or third paint scheme. The Crystal Granite color holds up nicely overtime I have it in my WK2 overland, but unlike the subdued color on my WK2 on the wrangler you want that pop of color that stands out amongst the crowd.

My Ol' Lady wants to hold out for Hydro, but if it never comes I'll most likely pick one of the grey hues. Then just to poke the bear with the stick I could always get my blue fix by monstalining my old TJ in Smurfadelic.

Cheers

mqu02

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Industrial Engineering
My dealer just called me to let me know that Hydro Blue was available to order! My order is in! :)
I have been patiently waiting and watching this thread waiting for a message like this, so thanks for making my day! I know exactly what I want and hope to have an order placed soon.

MarathonRoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Sorento
I have been patiently waiting and watching this thread waiting for a message like this, so thanks for making my day! I know exactly what I want and hope to have an order placed soon.
Same here! Been waiting since June to place an order for a Rubicon! So excited I don’t have to settle for another color!

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Is this news confirmed? I emailed my dealer and haven't heard back.

Thank you!
Sponsored