First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
KAUFU aftermarket steel bumper w/ removable end caps, winch mount plate, winch delete plate, bull bar, fog lights, d-ring mount plates, flip-up license plate bracket and all the nuts/bolts (Amazon).
Smittybilt XRC 9500 winch (already had).
Stegodon 3/8”x100’ synthetic blue line with sheath and hook, replaced steel (Amazon).
Aylied aluminum fairlead (Amazon)
1-1/4” round plastic plugs (Amazon)
Used factory tow/mount plates. Factory fog lights and harness.

Hardest part was getting the bumper mounts/bolts aligned and in.
Winch fit like a glove and went in really stealthy! Control box mounted on side of frame rail, passenger side.

And the blue to match the Jeep.

753ACE39-83B9-47B8-BC7F-61EA59B42682.jpeg

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
It happened! 5 weeks after ordering, here's Big Blue! Learning to drive a manual in this Jeep is much easier than the other vehicles I've tried!

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 753ACE39-83B9-47B8-BC7F-61EA59B42682

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 753ACE39-83B9-47B8-BC7F-61EA59B42682

[/QU
It happened! 5 weeks after ordering, here's Big Blue! Learning to drive a manual in this Jeep is much easier than the other vehicles I've tried!

That looks soooo good!
It really annoys me that the Rubicon does not come in a 2 door option here in Australia, AND I originally ordered a 2 door Overland (in Hydro Blue, of course) only to be told a couple of weeks ago that they've stopped production on 2 doors for a while (probably due to a chip shortage) so I upgraded to the Rubicon Unlimited with an additional wait time. I'm told it's scheduled for a September build, AND that's only if there are no further problems.
Really wish they made things easier for us Aussies to get our paws on custom orders here.

Sponsored

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue

Far be it from me to make wild, outrageous and overly-broad claims like "Hydro Blue is the best color ever to grace a Jeep," but...

Hydro blue is definitely the best color to ever grace a Jeep. 😉
I wish they had have made the 2 door Rubicon available in Australia! This looks AMAZING!

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now

5 weeks for me too. Picked it up this afternoon and drove down the coast with my son with the top down in the rain. A very good start.
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_2727

coolstorm92

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Another new Hydro Blue purchaser here. I picked up my hydro blue JLU Sport Altitude on Tuesday. Had to sell my Granite Crystal Metallic JLU Sport S after I bought it new 5 months ago to get the Hydro Blue.

OLD:
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club csg1.JPG

NEW:
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club hydro1.JPG

Was worth it to me, this blue pops.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Another new Hydro Blue purchaser here. I picked up my hydro blue JLU Sport Altitude on Tuesday. Had to sell my Granite Crystal Metallic JLU Sport S after I bought it new 5 months ago to get the Hydro Blue.

OLD:

NEW:

Was worth it to me, this blue pops.
With the prices on used so inflated right now, you probably didn't take too bad of a beating on that color change. I like the black wheel option on the Hydro - very sharp.

Sponsored

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Is Hydro Blue metallic? Preparing to place my JLUR order and trying to decide on color. Love Ocean Blue but have yet to see Hydro or Chief in person.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Is Hydro Blue metallic? Preparing to place my JLUR order and trying to decide on color. Love Ocean Blue but have yet to see Hydro or Chief in person.
Hydro Blue is a pearlcoat, so it does have a bit of a sparkly sheen to it. Lots of depth. Depending on the lighting, the color shows up differently. Very dynamic. Pictures don't do it justice most of the time.

I saw a Chief blue on the lot when I picked mine up. It's more of a bright robin egg blue and it's a flat color. No sparkle, just a straight clearcoat gloss.

If you're an Ocean Blue fan, I'd go with Hydro over Chief. But, we may be biased in this thread. ;)

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Hydro Blue is a pearlcoat, so it does have a bit of a sparkly sheen to it. Lots of depth. Depending on the lighting, the color shows up differently. Very dynamic. Pictures don't do it justice most of the time.

I saw a Chief blue on the lot when I picked mine up. It's more of a bright robin egg blue and it's a flat color. No sparkle, just a straight clearcoat gloss.

If you're an Ocean Blue fan, I'd go with Hydro over Chief. But, we may be biased in this thread. ;)
Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the quick response! At least that has been decided.

Mall Crawler Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
In the annals of things that match Hydro Blue...

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

Got my Bartact seat covers installed (mostly) today. Their regular blue is a very good pairing for Hydro Blue.
Did these door sill protectors come with your Wrangler? If not, where did you get them?
Thanks. Great color, by the way.
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club Screenshot_20210602-051313_Samsung Internet
Sponsored