HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara Mojito Turbo / 21 2dr Rubicon Hydro Blue
They have two locations. Gaithersburg MD is where I ordered from since Leon Travis is the recommended guy there. Worth the drive for the price. The best offer I had locally wasn’t even for 1% below invoice for the Tread Lightly discount...they offered $250 below MSRP.

OOOOO....$250 below MSRP. I giggled.
Ah ok. I live in the DC area too and wish I had discovered them. I couldn’t find a dealer locally that was all that interested so ended up ordering from my old sales guy from my 2018 Sahara order in Raleigh, NC where I used to live. He’s priced my new Rubicon better than anybody I found in the DC area and no bogus fees. I don’t mind going there to pick it up as it‘ll give me an excuse to visit friends and family in NC. As my Sahara is paid for and 4 doors not giving it up. Just wanted a 2 door too. Is it excessive to have two Jeep’s instead of one?
Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Ah ok. I live in the DC area too and wish I had discovered them. I couldn’t find a dealer locally that was all that interested so ended up ordering from my old sales guy from my 2018 Sahara order in Raleigh, NC where I used to live. He’s priced my new Rubicon better than anybody I found in the DC area and no bogus fees. I don’t mind going there to pick it up as it‘ll give me an excuse to visit friends and family in NC. As my Sahara is paid for and 4 doors not giving it up. Just wanted a 2 door too. Is it excessive to have two Jeep’s instead of one?
Who did you order from in Raleigh? I've been thinking about a 2 door manual for a while now...

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who did you order from in Raleigh? I've been thinking about a 2 door manual for a while now...
Auto Park Chrysler Jeep in Cary, NC. Ask for Daniel Edwards. He's amazing and really takes care of his customers. He also is the person who places the orders and knows everything about Jeep obviously. Its crazy I think I talked to 5 or 6 local DC dealers and they either seemed incompetent, or too busy to give me the level of service I expect. I obviously saw no reason to give them my business. Pricewise there was one dealer that was within a few hundred of the price I got in NC but after trying 3 times to get them to make time to place my order (without success) I gave up. I got a follow up email from their sales manager and replied explaining why I didn't order from them. The sales person called me five minutes later ready to place the order.. I guess they didn't read the email close enough which said I had already ordered elsewhere.

Reactions: eck

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Haha - excessive? You’re asking the wrong guy. I’m just glad I can afford the one I’ve ordered. Two vehicles is one too many for me.

4 doors are nice but just not for me. I’ve only got me to transport and don’t have a lot of need for cargo space either.

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha - excessive? You’re asking the wrong guy. I’m just glad I can afford the one I’ve ordered. Two vehicles is one too many for me.

4 doors are nice but just not for me. I’ve only got me to transport and don’t have a lot of need for cargo space either.
I plan to take the back seat out of the 2 door as I would much prefer the cargo space so there will be plenty of room once the back seat is removed. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan to take the back seat out of the 2 door as I would much prefer the cargo space so there will be plenty of room ones the back seat is removed. :)
Yeah I have the seat out of my JK too, just like the look better. Plus then when I’m at work and want to take the windows out, I’ve a flat place to lay them.

Can’t wait for the new one!!!

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
They have two locations. Gaithersburg MD is where I ordered from since Leon Travis is the recommended guy there. Worth the drive for the price. The best offer I had locally wasn’t even for 1% below invoice for the Tread Lightly discount...they offered $250 below MSRP.

OOOOO....$250 below MSRP. I giggled.
I ordered my Hydro Blue Willys Sport on Jan 4rh, they told me 6-8 weeks. Got a great deal, no money down, $354 month for lease with 12k miles. I thought it was a good deal. I had 3 dealerships working against each other. I find that the best way to get what you want.

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Yeah I have the seat out of my JK too, just like the look better. Plus then when I’m at work and want to take the windows out, I’ve a flat place to lay them.

Can’t wait for the new one!!!
My Hydro blue will be my first 4 door Jeep, will keep my 2000 TJ company :) I can’t wait!!
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 1611080035502

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my Hydro Blue Willys Sport on Jan 4rh, they told me 6-8 weeks. Got a great deal, no money down, $354 month for lease with 12k miles. I thought it was a good deal. I had 3 dealerships working against each other. I find that the best way to get what you want.
Yep, checked around locally and nobody was willing to do the 5% below invoice that Criswell did. I could’ve gotten more below but decided to stick with my own financing.

The local dealers all said one of two things: I’m probably being scammed by the dealer, or “I’ll check with my manager and get back to you”. Lol.

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, checked around locally and nobody was willing to do the 5% below invoice that Criswell did. I could’ve gotten more below but decided to stick with my own financing.

The local dealers all said one of two things: I’m probably being scammed by the dealer, or “I’ll check with my manager and get back to you”. Lol.
Scooby, have you bugged Jeep chat lately for an update? I haven't in a few weeks but was thinking it would amuse me to send them a message.... <suspense music plays> I assume won't be a change given it isn't February yet.

Sponsored

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
Scooby, have you bugged Jeep chat lately for an update? I haven't in a few weeks but was thinking it would amuse me to send them a message.... <suspense music plays> I assume won't be a change given it isn't February yet.
I asked JeepChat yesterday if they have news regarding the hydro blue orders, and they had no information to give about it.

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got an email yesterday about my hydro blue Jeep JLU sport S that I placed the order on Jan 9th.. got my VIN with expected delivery 2/21... so excited!!!!
Was the email from your dealer or from Jeep?

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was from the Jeep themselves, not from dealer.
I just messaged Jeep chat - still in gathering parts status - not scheduled yet.. I wonder if something else is holding it up.
Sponsored