Sponsored

Husky Floor Liner Review

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Here's my review for a set of Husky floor liners I just installed. I picked up a set of front, 2nd row and cargo floor liners from Northridge4x4 for $310. The front and 2nd row are their X-Act Contour model and the cargo is their Weatherbeater.

History. I ran Husky diamond pattern liners in my old TJs and loved them. I ran a couple different liners in my JKs and in my last one had the AEV liners front and 2nd row with the Mopar cargo mat. Of all the liners over the years, I liked the AEV/Mopar combo in the JK the best. I'd buy AEV today if they were making them for the JL.

I looked at a number of options for my JL. I narrowed it down to the Husky and Weathertech. Ultimately, the price was very similar and what put me over with Husky was the perception that the 2nd row had better coverage. And I liked the black logo of the Husky better. LOL.

Overall: I don't love these, but they are good and I will be content.

Front Liners: Shipped flat in a quality box. Material is kind of rubbery, which I like. Color and coverage are good. Fit is not perfect. On either side it bows out in places and does not lay flat. You can see this in the pictures. Not real happy with that and maybe once we get some Texas heat, they'll work themselves out. IDK. Otherwise, its good and I'll go with it.

2nd Row Liner: Shipped folded over in flat box. Material is kind of rubbery, which I like. Once piece design, which is great for coverage. When I pulled it out of the box it looked kind of gray. There is some kind of oil film on it that is detracting from its blackness. I think manufacturing. Needed to wash the Jeep so I washed it. Can't say it came off completely but did improve. Installed anyway. Provide excellent coverage. Coverage of this piece is probably the best thing out of the entire set.

Cargo Liner: This one came rolled up in a box. No surprise there. Took it inside and laid it flat to work out the roll. It's the same harder material they've used for years for their cargo mats and also what they used back in the TJ days. Its tough, kind of thin but gets the job done with great coverage. Nice lip all the way around. I used a utility knife to make small 2" slits so the tie down points can poke through on the four corners. If Mopar released a full coverage rubbery cargo liner like they had for the JK, I'd replace this Husky with it. Otherwise, it is fine and will get the job done.

IMG_7995.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg
Sponsored

X1inSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
Hey @TxJeepers, now that it's warmed up, do the liners fit any better?
I'm not thrilled with the factory mats, so I'm looking into options. Thanks.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I ran with WeatherTechs and then Husky Contours and did not care for either. Sold both those sets. And no, side bulges don't go away with heat or over time. Bulges will minimize but still remain there. Yes, factory liners I would not even consider.

I ended up going with the Bestop offering. Fit is very good. Mat locks are excellent. Foot to floor liner feel is very good. Seems like they never scuff, always look the same color, have high tread so sand and water are below your feet. Coverage is good. They clean easily with just the wipe of a wet towel. I have about 30,00 mi. on mine and they look almost as new.

Bestop, Rugged Ridge and Quadratec all offer pretty much this same liner but with their particular logo on them. Unfortunately, the logos cannot be removed without leaving 2 holes in the liner. I opted to cover the logo with a sticker. The sticker has never fallen off, etc... you'd think it was factory.
Jeep Wrangler JL Husky Floor Liner Review sticker

X1inSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
Thanks for your input @Rhinebeck01 .
I like your sticker mod. Where'd you find it?

OP
OP
TxJeepers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Fronts seem to be better but you know what, I never notice them not fitting and are doing their job well. Second row and cargo fit no issue. I do like this set a lot and would buy them again. If only AEV would make JL liners. Their JK liners were awesome.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input @Rhinebeck01 .
I like your sticker mod. Where'd you find it?
@X1inSC
A forum member name Wes made them up for me. (Thanks again, Wes)

Read thru this thread and you will see a post where I mention him/how to reach out to him via forum messaging. I'm not sure if he still up to making the stickers but you could ask him. Nice stickers, they hold up well and the price for them was very reasonable.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bestop-floor-liner-for-jl-terrific-offering.25947/

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
@X1inSC
A forum member name Wes made them up for me. (Thanks again, Wes)

Read thru this thread and you will see a post where I mention him/how to reach out to him via forum messaging. I'm not sure if he still up to making the stickers but you could ask him. Nice stickers, they hold up well and the price for them was very reasonable.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bestop-floor-liner-for-jl-terrific-offering.25947/

Haven't seen the Rhinebeck name around for a while. Glad to hear the stickers are holding up. The text on my driver's side have worn off but I haven't been bothered to fix it. Got moved into the new house and the vinyl plotter all set up again :like:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't seen the Rhinebeck name around for a while. Glad to hear the stickers are holding up. The text on my driver's side have worn off but I haven't been bothered to fix it. Got moved into the new house and the vinyl plotter all set up again :like:
Wes, Hope married life agrees with you! Good you got the plotter set up, again. Bored married guys need things to distract them. :CWL: Oh, that's right ... new house so you got plenty to do. Been there done that multiple times.... wives and houses.

As for my Rubicon stickers.... well, over 30,000 miles with them on the liners and they look as good as new. I routinely wash / rinse and dry the liners so that may damage away. My foot position and my gal pals foot placement on the liners is not on the sticker either.

I get lots of positive comments about the floor liners, but that Rubicon on there really gets positive raves.

Thanks again for hooking me up with the stickers!
Sponsored