Husband & Wife JL Build(s)

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
C'mon, man! You KNOW we need details. :giggle: Wheels, tires, fenders chopped and front bumper? No lift yet?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure you know the definition of the word slow, looks like you have quite a bit done, ;) and it looks awesome.
Thanks! It was tough parking next to my wifes JL in a stock Gladiator... It just looked so to tiny :blush:

C'mon, man! You KNOW we need details. :giggle: Wheels, tires, fenders chopped and front bumper? No lift yet?
It has a 4.5" Skyjacker kit for now. I've been considering getting a JL coilover kit for the front and waiting for the rear options to become available. Patience is not my virtue:headbang:

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thanks! It was tough parking next to my wifes JL in a stock Gladiator... It just looked so to tiny :blush:

It has a 4.5" Skyjacker kit for now. I've been considering getting a JL coilover kit for the front and waiting for the rear options to become available. Patience is not my virtue:headbang:
Badass JT....are those 37" ko2's? :bandit:

Blnsfn2

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I noticed you also have the ARC door hangers on the wall. I like mine a lot and they wont damage the rubber seal like some do and then water will leak in. And its been proved some will.They even come with the hardware to hang them. And for $40 for a pair it s a great deal

20190601_215435.jpg
Like you picture of the ARC hangers and your wall. I'm trying to prepare my wall with ARC hangers while I'm waiting for my Jeep to come in. How tall and wide are your doors?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Like you picture of the ARC hangers and your wall. I'm trying to prepare my wall with ARC hangers while I'm waiting for my Jeep to come in. How tall and wide are your doors?
Front doors are 40" wide x 46" tall
Rear doors are 33" wide x 46" tall

Here is a picture of mine installed. I was at the mercy of the stud placement in the wall, but if you want them a bit closer together you could always bolt a piece of wood across all the studs and mount them wherever you like.

20190904_092417~2.jpg

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't posted much in a while, I've been saving my pennies for upgraded axles for the Gladiator.
My wife, business partner and I went by a local distillery and snapped a few photos.
20190929_183540~2.jpg
20190929_190447~2.jpg

Sponsored

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
2ofus.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

I ordered my JLU Rubicon in December, and after a painful wait I finally had it in late February.
My wife @TankGirl was hit by the Jeep bug shortly after I purchased mine, so we decided to ditch the mommy mobile and purchase her a JLU Sport. Luckily a dealer had one in almost the exact configuration we were looking for and were able to offer me the same % below invoice that received on my Rubicon without waiting for it.

My Stock Rubicon shortly after I purchased it.
New JL1.jpg

Before I even had the new Jeep, I had a set of 17" XD 229 Machete Beadlocks and 37x13.50r17 Cooper STT Pro's just sitting in the shop taunting me....
Beadlocks assembled.jpg

Due to the lack of lift options when the Jeep arrived I went with the @Rough Country Suspensions 2.5" lift just so that I could fit my wheels/tires. I was very pleased with the kit as a daily driver. I also removed the factory Mopar bumper wings and got naked for the first time :camera:
nude1.jpg

I decided to flex out the RC spacer kit to see where I was on the required bump stop height to fully clear my 37's(The included 2" were not enough for my wheel/tire combo.)
DSC_0892.JPG

Having a 6spd I was tired of not hearing the engine(I always know what gear I am in now based on sound and when to shift without looking at the dash.) I also wanted a spot to eventually mount an air compressor so I went with an AFE 3" RB exhaust
AFE RB.jpg

@ROAM Offroad approached me and asked me to test & review some of their products. I love the look of their bumpers so I was happy to do so. Installing them I quickly realized how much time and effort went into putting together such nice quality bumpers. The approach/ departure angles on the bumpers is some of the best I've seen in the bolt on variety(I've used frame chop bumpers on my JK's in the past.)
The steps really follow the body line well, and do a great job at helping the wife/kids get into the Jeep.

During the front bumper install I also installed a Smittybilt X2O 10k winch.

DSC_0922.JPG
DSC_0915.JPG
DSC_0928.JPG

Rather than adding additional bumpstops to the spacer kit I decided to try out Skyjackers 3.5-4" lift kit for the JL.
I don't believe in cam bolts, or a frame side track bar drop bracket so I left those in the box and installed just the springs/shocks and sway bar links. I added a Rough Country Front Trackbar, and a ROAM rear trackbar to round it out. I'm still waiting on a set of control arms to become available, but surprisingly the Jeep rides OK without any form of caster correction. It does get a little "flightly" at high speeds with wind, but it just makes me pay more attention :rock:
The 3" bumpstops that came with the kit work nearly perfect for my wheel/tire setup.
small1.jpg
DSC_0910.jpg DSC_0933.jpg DSC_0939.jpg

At this point we purchased my Wife's JL
She named her Jeep "Maul" after Darth Maul. I don't typically name my Jeeps, but she insisted I name this one since I always refer to it as her. So I decided to name mine Brienne(From Game of Thrones.) I didn't want to give her a "pretty" name, so I went with one of the toughest Women I know(on TV.) Since my wife is somewhat of a star wars nerd she prefers to refer to my Jeep as Captain Phasma who happens to be the same actress.

20180418_133219.jpg

The day we picked it up, we removed the bumper fillers, and put the ROAM steps on it to make life easier for her and our four younger boys(All under 10) The following weekend she helped me install the 2.5" RC Spacer lift that was previously on my JL.
Vrae RC25.jpg

We decided to take a couple pictures together. We have 35's and Wheels on order for her JL that should be here any day now.

sm1.jpg

That's it for now, but there will be LOTS more to come as the Jeep bug has officially bitten us both :jk:
So cool we did this in 2015 when I got my new 2015 JKUR now we just ordered a new JLURD

1E791042-6942-4BF9-9932-339B82AE00E2.jpeg

E3F7F8AE-7443-429D-9AB3-DFE4E05C3651.jpeg

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
No updates lately? This has been my fav build to follow
Sponsored