Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Installed 6 KC Cylone's to use as Rock Lights
The illumination from your rock lights looks really good. Can I ask you where/how you mounted them?

Also, on a side note, where do you get the wire tie anchors that mount under the nuts above the fire wall shown in the first photo?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
The illumination from your rock lights looks really good. Can I ask you where/how you mounted them?

Also, on a side note, where do you get the wire tie anchors that mount under the nuts above the fire wall shown in the first photo?

Thanks
Thanks, where I mounted mine won't necessarily help someone that doesn't have the same mods I do. The metal housing for the lights have a hole, so I mounted them where I could fit a button head bolt/nut through them.

I mounted the two up front to the factory fender support brackets(No longer used with my fender chop). The middle two I used the recessed step mount brackets on my ROAM steps, and in the rear I bolted them to where the factory swaybar attached to the body. I have another one coming to mount in the center up front, but I'm not certain where I will be attaching that one yet.

KC does sell a kit that includes brackets and a harness that I believe works for both the JK/JL.

I believe those wire tie anchors were there from the factory. I just tie wrapped the other harness to factory harness that runs along the firewall. :beer:

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@TTEChris thanks for your response. The nice thing about the cyclones is that they use a single mounting point which should make it easier to find mounting points.

FWIW - I just purchased the Roam 2-door rock rails that hopefully will be shipping this week. I plan to modify the step lights per your thread on the subject.

Thanks much.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Installed a JK 1-5/8" clamp FOX ATS to mount over the tie rod. I was tired of worrying about the low hanging JL FOX ATS
Hey Chris, first, both are awesome, hope to run into you at EJS, would be cool to see the rigs in person.

Question, the reservoir, I thought I read or saw that it can swivel to not just be on top. Did you see this? Or am I making that up. I only have 1.5 inch lift, and I think the reservoir on top would be too close to frame and radiator hose there.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
@TTEChris thanks for your response. The nice thing about the cyclones is that they use a single mounting point which should make it easier to find mounting points.

FWIW - I just purchased the Roam 2-door rock rails that hopefully will be shipping this week. I plan to modify the step lights per your thread on the subject.

Thanks much.
Anytime,
I agree the KC's are really easy to mount. If you have access to metric button head bolts to mount in the place of factory bolts it makes it even easier.
My business partner has been bugging me to wire up his 2dr ROAM rock rails, but wiring is not something I really LOVE to do :bandit:
I'd much rather install a full suspension kit than mess with wiring...

Hey Chris, first, both are awesome, hope to run into you at EJS, would be cool to see the rigs in person.

Question, the reservoir, I thought I read or saw that it can swivel to not just be on top. Did you see this? Or am I making that up. I only have 1.5 inch lift, and I think the reservoir on top would be too close to frame and radiator hose there.
Thanks! It will be nice to put faces to user names at EJS :like:

You can rotate the reservoir/shock body.
I can't say for certain, but I think with the JK version I currently have installed and the draglink in the factory location(under the knuckle) you may run into clearance issues. Even on my setup if the reservoir is not vertical I can see it coming into contact with the trackbar or draglink under articulation with the steering wheel turned.
I'd imagine Fox would have kept it "simple" and out of the way like the JK if it was possible with the factory steering/suspension components. Or maybe they just want us to bash our expensive steering stabilizers on rocks so that we have to buy a new one when that happens.:piggybank:

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I can't say for certain, but I think with the JK version I currently have installed and the draglink in the factory location(under the knuckle) you may run into clearance issues
Thanks for the reply man, I'll check it out.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Main portion of my new @ROAM gas tank setup arrived. Not sure if I will have the time to install it before EJS. :(
Fuel Tank.jpg

We also picked up a used mule to tow our JL's... Anyone want to help naming it? Derogatory names are welcome since it's a Ford and its main purpose in life will be to tow around our JL's.
F350 Mule.jpg

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We also picked up a used mule to tow our JL's... Anyone want to help naming it? Derogatory names are welcome since it's a Ford and its main purpose in life will be to tow around our JL's.
F350 Mule.jpg
Donkey (from Shrek)

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Main portion of my new @ROAM gas tank setup arrived. Not sure if I will have the time to install it before EJS. :(
Fuel Tank.jpg

F350 Mule.jpg
Mater (from Cars) would be a clean option that even your kids would love.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Fule. Ford + Mule. And sounds like fuel.

JL Mongrel
JL Hinny
Buff Scuff
JLass
Rubi Mongrel
Rubiass
Rubiscuff
Unlimited ass
Roaming Ass

Work in progress
Ford
F something
O something
Rubi
Donkey

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Mater (from Cars) would be a clean option that even your kids would love.
I like Mater.
It won't offend the Ford fans, and like you said my kids will get a kick out of it :like:
Now to come up with a font, and slap on a decal on the fender to mimic the Jeep hood decals.

Thanks!