Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What, if any trimming did you do once you went to 40s? I didnt see it mentioned in here
I didn't have to do any trimming for daily driving, but I have a set or @Artec fender chop brackets & front inner liners on the way so that I can "flex" it out with the forklift and see what else will needs to be trimmed. The brackets were actually supposed to be here today via USPS, but of course they didn't show :headbang:

I'm not in a huge hurry since I really need to find the time to install my 5.13 gears and diff covers. I think with the 4.10's and the 40's offroad I will either be slipping my clutch or stalling way too often.

gears.jpg
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
@TTEChris Questions about your ROAM long arm kit install. ROAM isn't very good on their website at documenting install specifics or even showing pictures - is that a bolt-on kit or is cutting and welding required? Any feedback on the high steer kit? It seems like good stuff but the website info is just so skimpy it's really hard to judge. Thanks.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
@TTEChris Questions about your ROAM long arm kit install. ROAM isn't very good on their website at documenting install specifics or even showing pictures - is that a bolt-on kit or is cutting and welding required? Any feedback on the high steer kit? It seems like good stuff but the website info is just so skimpy it's really hard to judge. Thanks.
I agree their site isn't nearly as good as their products. The high clearance long arm kit that i have installed does require some cutting/welding, but the end results are well worth it. The high steer kit is great as well. With the included jig it makes drilling out the knuckle fool proof. Ive installed several JK high steer kits, and drilling without it can be a pain.
Combined with the raised rear track bar the Jeep rides better than stock even with my agressive M/T's.

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
I didn't have to do any trimming for daily driving, but I have a set or @Artec fender chop brackets & front inner liners on the way so that I can "flex" it out with the forklift and see what else will needs to be trimmed. The brackets were actually supposed to be here today via USPS, but of course they didn't show :headbang:

I'm not in a huge hurry since I really need to find the time to install my 5.13 gears and diff covers. I think with the 4.10's and the 40's offroad I will either be slipping my clutch or stalling way too often.

gears.jpg
Ya, feels fine on 410s but the crawl ratio is so far off. My 513s go in wed.
I ordered the chop kit too but not going to use it. I didnt know itd fit without...but i have fenders comin in 3wks so I'm good.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, feels fine on 410s but the crawl ratio is so far off. My 513s go in wed.
I ordered the chop kit too but not going to use it. I didnt know itd fit without...but i have fenders comin in 3wks so I'm good.
Which fenders did you end up ordering? I haven't found a set that I'm in love with that give more clearance than the factory set with the lowers removed.
I removed my front/rear lower fenders, cut my rear liners to fit(It's not perfect, but will do for now) and will be painting my Artec "Freedom edition" front liners tomorrow.

Here are some pictures of my current progress. My son decided to photo bomb the last one with his Jeep shirt :involve:

sm1.jpg
sm2.jpg
sm3.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Finished installing my 4-8" @ROAM coilover kit on my JL. It's currently sitting too high for my liking, but I will remedy that shortly.
The shock travel is impressive, and even though it sits as high as it does it doesn't ride/handle much different than my wife's JL.
sm1.jpg
sm1.jpg
sm.jpg
sm1.jpg
sm2.jpg

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
Finished installing my 4-8" @ROAM coilover kit on my JL. It's currently sitting too high for my liking, but I will remedy that shortly.
Can you fit in the garage yet? It looks great love, hopefully she can come home soon.
Also, what is this mess? I had to come to the forums to make sure you were still alive. Active 19 min ago but I haven’t heard from you all day. :angry:

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Also, what is this mess? I had to come to the forums to make sure you were still alive. Active 19 min ago but I haven’t heard from you all day. :angry:
Probably like me, just one more thing, oh wait look here, just one more thing...(meanwhile three hours have passed)

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Have you gotten the gears installed yet? Planning on 5.13 for my 37s and 6 speed

Brett
Unfortunately not yet. Ive been meaning to order a few parts to get it done, but now that I can't fit into my garage it isn't my first priority :crying:.

Probably like me, just one more thing, oh wait look here, just one more thing...(meanwhile three hours have passed)
That's exactly how it is :like: And after spending all day working on customer cars, i like to wind down by either working on my Jeep or getting on the forums before I drive home.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Unfortunately not yet. Ive been meaning to order a few parts to get it done, but now that I can't fit into my garage it isn't my first priority :crying:.

That's exactly how it is :like: And after spending all day working on customer cars, i like to wind down by either working on my Jeep or getting on the forums before I drive home.
Where in Houston are y’all? We’re near Navasota. Trying to get a chance to go buy a lift for the shop before our JL comes in. Planning on doing the metalcloak gamechanger and all their goodies and figured never a better time than now for a lift.

Should be helpful on the gears too

Brett

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Can you fit in the garage yet? It looks great love, hopefully she can come home soon.
Uh oh, the wife has you “GPS”ed. Haha... Better answer all those texts brother or you may be sleeping in that tall white Jeep.

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I'm curious how hers drives with the 37's especially with the smaller brakes. I figure the MPG's surely will be around 15 as well.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious how hers drives with the 37's especially with the smaller brakes. I figure the MPG's surely will be around 15 as well.
Can't be much worse than mine with the 40's :beer:
I have actually averaged between 17-18mpg since I put on the 40" tires. But that is mostly city driving, avoiding traffic hours.
Sponsored