bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Since I live here I've seen about 500 posts and articles about this guy. Since it's illegal to drive on the beach here, I also wonder about his insurance covering it. Not only is it illegal to drive on the beach, you have to be a special kind of stupid to do it during a hurricane. The owner claims that his cousin is the one that was driving it.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Since I live here I've seen about 500 posts and articles about this guy. Since it's illegal to drive on the beach here, I also wonder about his insurance covering it. Not only is it illegal to drive on the beach, you have to be a special kind of stupid to do it during a hurricane. The owner claims that his cousin is the one that was driving it.
That’s not how insurance coverage works. Often people are doing something illegal and massively stupid to cause their own property loss, yet insurance is still obliged to pay the claim except in certain extraordinary circumstances (for example intentional damage to defraud the company into paying a claim).

If I text while I drive and subsequently run a stop sign and cause an accident, my insurance will still pay the claim even though what I did to cause it is both stupid and illegal.

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
That’s not how insurance coverage works. Often people are doing something illegal and massively stupid to cause their own property loss, yet insurance is still obliged to pay the claim except in certain extraordinary circumstances (for example intentional damage to defraud the company into paying a claim).

If I text while I drive and subsequently run a stop sign and cause an accident, my insurance will still pay the claim even though what I did to cause it is both stupid and illegal.
I'm sure you're right, but this certainly looked intentional me.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Well, if you want to play semantics, you always "intentionally" get in your vehicle, so by your logic ANY action would have started with intentionality:idea:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I can see how it looks suspect. I kind of thought that too at first glance, but when the owner claimed that he ran off of something and got it stuck, it made more sense. It still could be shady, but they’re probably not able to prove that.