Hummer is coming back..... electric pickup under GMC brand

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
To see the look on a woke tree huggers face when they find out your Hummer is more green than their hybrid Prius.
The wife had a Hummer when we first got together and while I liked the look it still had the cheap plastic interior from all GMs of the late 90s early 2000s. It was cool that it was a 5spd manual though.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
To see the look on a woke tree huggers face when they find out your Hummer is more green than their hybrid Prius.
The wife had a Hummer when we first got together and while I liked the look it still had the cheap plastic interior from all GMs of the late 90s early 2000s. It was cool that it was a 5spd manual though.
Nothing says I'm a douche like a greenie in a hybrid/ev
https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019/12/18/the-cost-of-virtue-signaling/
https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019/11/29/electric-cars-cost-more-than-too-much/

Let's not forget Range Anxiety, the fact that everything effects battery life and that it's Government Motors we're talking about too.

It should have been a Duramax, that'd make more sense, but like the Government itself, GM ain't that bright

Sponsored

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Wonder if they will be so bold to re-implement the 7 slot grill like they did on H2/H3 :giggle:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So what happens if you get stuck off-roading somewhere and run out of juice?

Do they make jerry cans for electric motors...?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This will be an abject failure, but I think that goes without saying. It may sell a few units to capture the “ironic hipster conversation starter” demo, but that can only take you so far (like this “Hummer”).

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
This will be an abject failure, but I think that goes without saying. It may sell a few units to capture the “ironic hipster conversation starter” demo, but that can only take you so far (like this “Hummer”).
This trend is annoying me, frankly. Using iconic names and completely changing what they were. Saw this with the Eclipse. Was a cool little budget sports car that was fun to tune. Now it is a compact SUV? I’d almost give it a pass if they made it a four door box with an electric motor, but changing it to a pickup and that is just being stupid. You only do that when you don’t have faith in your design and you figure the name itself is going to pick up the slack.
Sponsored