Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales at Engineered Products
Welcome to my build page, I am happy to be back in a Jeep again!

Since selling my Gecko Green JK Sport on 37s back in 2016, I have had two YJs that I trailered around to offroad parks here in Texas. However, I will be moving to Washington State and won't have room for a trailer and second car there, so I decided to sell my 2015 f150, 18ft trailer, and '90 YJ on 35s.

After a lot of research from this forum and driving a couple of friends' JLUs, I started selling my trailer set up and have been looking for a 2021 Jeep. A few weeks ago I found one at Waxahachie Jeep with almost every option I wanted and purchased it on 2/13/21.

Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build IMG_3559.JPG

Reason's I Chose Diesel
  • Having tons of torque right off the bat is great!
  • I have had the 3.6L with the 6-speed manual and it was fun, but I have been there done that, so the excitement of the new diesel is a plus and it has the 100k powertrain warranty that comes with it.
Reason's I Chose Rubicon
  • Coming from my f150, there were many luxuries I enjoyed day to day that I didn't want to give up (keyless entry, push to start, heated seats, & large entertainment screen).
  • Because I won't be doing all my build at once, having bigger axles and lockers right away is a big bonus and will be satisfactory for 37s in the future.
  • Rubicon's have the 4:1 transfer case which I always wanted when I had my JK.
  • From what I have seen they tend to hold their value more.
  • In past vehicle purchases, I have learned to get all the options I want and not look back. On my f150 I skipped out on the LED lights and bigger fuel tank and regretted it the whole time I owned it. For some cases, building a sport is the better option, but for me, a Rubicon was a clear choice.

Buying My Jeep
  • If you are in Katy, hit up my friend Fernando at Autonation Jeep Katy for a great deal. Tell him I sent you and he will try and beat any other dealership. 346-412-8127
  • I wanted to get a Jeep from Fernando, but I was on a time crunch and there was the only Jeep in Texas that had all the options I wanted.
  • The Jeep was at Waxahachie CDJR, just south of Dallas. I initially reached out over the phone and had Cassidy as my Sales Representative. After a few days of negotiations, she matched my highest trade-in value on my truck, beat my credit union's interest rate and matched the price Fernando was going to get me the same build for. Overall, I was satisfied with her service. I could have got a better deal if I built one and got the 5-8% off invoice, but I got the Jeep I wanted now!
Window Sticker Specs
  • Sting Grey, color-matched hardtop, color-matched fenders
  • Luxury Features - 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio, Keyless Entry, Cold Weather Group, Saftey Group (could have gone without this)
  • LED Lighting Group - DO NOT BUY A JEEP WITHOUT THIS! - an expensive option, but well worth it
  • Trailer-Tow & Heavy Duty Electrical - I will be towing a trailer up to Washington so I needed this plus the aux switches are nice. Engine Block Heater.
  • Diesel - hopefully, this $4,500 option treats me right
  • MSRP: $61,350 - Jeeps cost way too much lol
I will be using this thread to show my build progress, my thoughts on the Jeep, and my adventures!

Thanks in advance for the help this forum provides and hopefully I can provide some help in return!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Huck.Offroad

Huck.Offroad

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales at Engineered Products
Thought I would show my past Jeeps I no longer own.

2013 Gecko Green 2 Door JK on 37s, and EVO everything
Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build IMG_6504.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build IMG_0043.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build IMG_0005.JPG

1989 Jeep YJ with 4.2 and 33s

1990 Jeep YJ with 4.2, HEI, 35s, and no lift
Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build IMG_1267
Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build IMG_7502.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build h81x8C4rTFSJSKEBDA4AvA

Last edited:

Marman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Welcome and great color choice, looking forward to following your build.

Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build Picture2

briggsa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel

Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build Picture2
What lifts did you go with. I have a 21’ diesel with 35’s and had ordered the mopar lift but it was very back ordered. I don’t want to waste money but definitely don’t want to regret skimping on the purchase

492746C2-49CF-4707-B337-44AC998B53FB.png

BB16D9A6-8144-4CE3-AC0B-70A350121395.png

Marman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
What lifts did you go with. I have a 21’ diesel with 35’s and had ordered the mopar lift but it was very back ordered. I don’t want to waste money but definitely don’t want to regret skimping on the purchase
I went with the MetalCloak 2.5". I had the 3.5" on my JKU and loved it so I went with what I knew. Like the look of your wheel and tire setup.

Sponsored

Jwobes

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Eco Diesel
PLEASE let me know if you plan on swapping out your fenders. I will buy all 4!

Jwobes

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Eco Diesel

Jeep Wrangler JL Huck's '21 Diesel Rubicon Build BB16D9A6-8144-4CE3-AC0B-70A350121395
If you’re looking to sell these fenders please let me know!
Sponsored