Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I can't seem to find any threads about this yet, sorry if it's a duplicate. From https://forum.hptuners.com/showthre...0-amp-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-3-0L-Ecodiesel-Support

HPTos.jpg

2020 RAM 1500 & Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0L Ecodiesel

HP Tuners presents support for the 2020 RAM 1500 & Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0L Ecodiesel
on the latest version of VCM Suite Beta software.

An MPVI2, Smart Access Cable and Modified PCM will be required. Our PCM Modification
service will be complimentary with a qualifying purchase of an MPVI2, RTD, or 6 universal
credits. Licensing cost is 6 credits and an internet connection is needed.

Note: Gen 3 EcoDiesel PCMs cannot be read prior to modification. Any spare or non-original
PCMs will need to be programmed to the vehicle before or after modification by HP Tuners,
this is the responsibility of the customer

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
  • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

RAM
  • 20 1500 3.0L Ecodiesel

Jeep
  • 20 Wrangler JL 3.0L Ecodiesel

Wrangler-JLEcodiesel-sq.png

2020-RAMecodiesel-sq.png

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
https://hptuners.com/help/VCM-Scanner/changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

hptcom.jpg
Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I can't seem to find any threads about this yet, sorry if it's a duplicate. From https://forum.hptuners.com/showthre...0-amp-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-3-0L-Ecodiesel-Support

Jeep Wrangler JL HP Tuners releases PCM / TCM tune for JL 3.0L Ecodiesel hptcom

2020 RAM 1500 & Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0L Ecodiesel

HP Tuners presents support for the 2020 RAM 1500 & Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0L Ecodiesel
on the latest version of VCM Suite Beta software.

An MPVI2, Smart Access Cable and Modified PCM will be required. Our PCM Modification
service will be complimentary with a qualifying purchase of an MPVI2, RTD, or 6 universal
credits. Licensing cost is 6 credits and an internet connection is needed.

Note: Gen 3 EcoDiesel PCMs cannot be read prior to modification. Any spare or non-original
PCMs will need to be programmed to the vehicle before or after modification by HP Tuners,
this is the responsibility of the customer

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
  • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

RAM
  • 20 1500 3.0L Ecodiesel

Jeep
  • 20 Wrangler JL 3.0L Ecodiesel

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
https://hptuners.com/help/VCM-Scanner/changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

(Beta) keeps catching my eye, just sayin'.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
As much as I'd like to get in on this and start tinkering, I really have no need. I will happily sit back and watch how this goes for others. This Jeep just runs so well, it isn't worth the risk for me....at this point in time. I think I'll give it at least a year, or wait for one of the well respected players to release their tuning.

Now when tuning becomes available for my 2020 6.7L F350 (without costing several thousand dollars and requiring me to send in my ECM) I am diving in head first! While the Ford does run good, I think it would benefit much from a clean tune.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I guess I'm too new to diesels. Is this a power tune for HP, Torque, both? Is there an eco tune to get even better MPG, but sacrificing HP/Torque?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Good to see someone attempting to tune the Diesel in this current situation. A lot of people got out of it after the EPA started to go after tuners. With that said, I will be curious as to what exactly they are able to do, and still have a clean tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I guess I'm too new to diesels. Is this a power tune for HP, Torque, both?
It's legitimate tuning software, and might not even come with any pre-built tunes at all. Not a pre-canned plug-&-play type of tune, but one that requires some amount of dyno time to get right (or possibly datalogging pulls on the street... not sure if that's possible with HP Tuners).

The advantage is that this can adapted to nearly any modification that you make to the motor, as it gives you full control over the ECU.

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
As much as I'd like to get in on this and start tinkering, I really have no need. I will happily sit back and watch how this goes for others. This Jeep just runs so well, it isn't worth the risk for me....at this point in time. I think I'll give it at least a year, or wait for one of the well respected players to release their tuning.

Now when tuning becomes available for my 2020 6.7L F350 (without costing several thousand dollars and requiring me to send in my ECM) I am diving in head first! While the Ford does run good, I think it would benefit much from a clean tune.
I don't know much about the 3.0, but I expect a tune could make at least 480 lb-ft like the Ram 3.0, without sacrificing any (engine) reliability. Driveline may possibly suffer though... I'm betting that's why Jeep limited the torque to 600 Nm (442 lb-ft).

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
right into the garbage! lol

Sponsored

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
My 2 Cents is...who has a very solid Diesel Tuning track record?

Longevity is what I'm after.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don't know much about the 3.0, but I expect a tune could make at least 480 lb-ft like the Ram 3.0, without sacrificing any (engine) reliability. Driveline may possibly suffer though... I'm betting that's why Jeep limited the torque to 600 Nm (442 lb-ft).
I would’ve thought that too until Jeep dropped in the 6.4 with 470 lb-ft torque and gave it the same driveline as the 3.0

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I would’ve thought that too until Jeep dropped in the 6.4 with 470 lb-ft torque and gave it the same driveline as the 3.0
The 392 has full-time AWD, so I don't think it can send all it's torque to one axle (unless it pulls a wheelie).

Edit: Also the 2.72 transfer case & 3.73 differential gear means that the 392's 4-low wheel torque is only 7% higher than the 2.0 Rubicon (assuming tuning allows full torque in 4-low... which it doesn't on the 2.0). Theoretically the 3.0 Rubicon has about 38% more 4-low wheel torque than the 392.

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
HP Tuners releases PCM / TCM tune for JL 3.0L Ecodiesel
At 3,000 miles, I am just not ready to have my powertrain warranty blocked by FCA.