Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
HPTuners is reputable. I might wait for GDE though.
Sponsored

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
HPTuners is reputable. I might wait for GDE though.
Remember, the HP tuner is just that, a tuning device to get a tune uploaded into the pcm. You'd still need a tune from gde for example to upload into your pcm via the hp.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember, the HP tuner is just that, a tuning device to get a tune uploaded into the pcm. You'd still need a tune from gde for example to upload into your pcm via the hp.
That's correct, I thought someone mentioned in the thread there was a manufacturer that had a tune available as well though with the release. I believe PPEI was getting ready to release something soon on that platform.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
That's correct, I thought someone mentioned in the thread there was a manufacturer that had a tune available as well though with the release. I believe PPEI was getting ready to release something soon on that platform.
Gde has to be just about ready to as well.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
... so far I'm pretty happy with the mileage so far..... 29-30 highway driving..... maybe at 100,000 miles I might want a new tune, but right now, I'm thinking the engineers did a good job.... at 70 mph this motor is well tuned now... will a different tune increase mileage?

DSCN1650.JPG

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... so far I'm pretty happy with the mileage so far..... 29-30 highway driving..... maybe at 100,000 miles I might want a new tune, but right now, I'm thinking the engineers did a good job.... at 70 mph this motor is well tuned now... will a different tune increase mileage?

Jeep Wrangler JL HP Tuners releases PCM / TCM tune for JL 3.0L Ecodiesel DSCN1650.JPG
Rubi? KO2’s?

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
A tune could increase mileage... or it could decrease it. Depends on the tune and how conservative/aggressive the factory tune is.

This is just the tool to create and modify tunes, and likely doesn't actually include any tune files at all. It can adapt to highly modified engines that operate outside the scope of the OEM tune, or be used on a completely stock engine (and anything in between).

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
As much as I'd like to get in on this and start tinkering, I really have no need. I will happily sit back and watch how this goes for others. This Jeep just runs so well, it isn't worth the risk for me....at this point in time. I think I'll give it at least a year, or wait for one of the well respected players to release their tuning.

Now when tuning becomes available for my 2020 6.7L F350 (without costing several thousand dollars and requiring me to send in my ECM) I am diving in head first! While the Ford does run good, I think it would benefit much from a clean tune.
I am with "Compression-Ignition", I have been driving my JLU-Diesel since Aug with trailer on and off road, there is nothing performance wise that needs changed in my eyes.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I just want to turn off the EGR

Sponsored

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Rubi? KO2’s?
It's a stock Sahara.... I bought it as a daily driver/pavement prince.....still use the YJ for woods running, but that leaf spring front axle beats me up on longer road trips.....

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Not to necro bump the thread, but will upgrading the PCM through HP allow any software to edit the PCM, or will I be forced to use HP's tuning software?? Also does anyone know if upgrading the PCM so that it can be tuned, even if I don't tune it yet, void any warranties?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate the answers. ;)

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Pretty sure that hacking your PCM with a tune will void your warranty. I checked it out and it seems that you need software editing knowledge after you pay them to unlock your PCM. I have a GDE tune and it was just send them your pcm and they send it back with a transmission tuner.
Sponsored