Sponsored

How's your JL handling the Pacific NW heatwave?

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Once you have AC in your house you will never go back. Never goes above 20C (68F) upstairs now while we sleep. Well worth it as summers seem to keep getting hotter.

For the Palm Spring guys, having over 100F for us Canadians is like when it snows 2" in Texas or southern states and everything collapses traffic wise. Simply not used to it up here and less than half the houses here have AC for example
Sponsored

BillWorkbench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
Word of warning from someone that lives in the heat. Batteries don't like heat, here in Las Vegas car batteries only last 2 years. When things cool down please go get your battery checked.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Here is South Texas, where we can see 100 degrees form March through September, we have had maybe one 100 degree day and not that many 90 degree days compared to normal. We’ve also has a lot of rain, especially for the summer. Most days have been in the upper 80s. But I’d rather have 105 with low humidity than 90 with high humidity.
Same in GA. Looks like nature flipped the script a bit. Pretty sure we've had less than 10 days in the 90s, none in the 100s, and a lot of rain. Overcast and 74 degrees right now.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
We had a high of 77 the other day, IN JULY!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Changes in temperatures in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, a.k.a. El Niño, affect weather patterns from the coast of Chile to as far away as Labrador.

Increases in Pacific Ocean temps are known to create torrential rain conditions over the normally arid coast of South America, drought over the western US, and colder-than-normal winters on the Eastern part of North America.

El Niño used to follow a 7-year cycle. But its frequency and intensity has been on the rise for the past 40 or so years.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

jeep does just fine in southern calisucks. we have had about 3 weeks now with temps from 95-115. jeep does just fine with those temps ive even does some desert wheeling in 100+ with out any issues. highest ive seen the temp for coolant is 220 which seems high but according to the jeep its right in the middle of the temp range :surprised: seems weird to me as i havent seen my pickup ever go past 210 unless somthing is wrong with the coolant system. ive also seen oil temps get to 228 at the highest with out any warnings in the cluster

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I figured the engines would hold up fine, I was talking more about soft tops, soft top windows, unpainted fenders, dashboards, back-up lines, etc. Seems like sitting in direct 120 degree sunlight for hours might cause some warping or melting.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Its been over a 100 degrees everyday here for two weeks. I notice those hot days my AC works in the jeep but not as good with my Sunrider top.

Also, I am sure glad I got my home AC and Furnace replaced back in March. Its been out for 3 years and we been using the swamp cooler for the last 3 years. But this year it can not keep up when the temps are over 95 degrees everyday.
Sponsored