How's your 2.0 MPGs lookin?

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Something happened that was different than the previous 1-1/2 years I owned the Jeep. I drove it through the winter and summer everyday last year, and my mileage was 20.5-21.8. Now as of last week, the mileage dropped to 18.5

I'm sick of all these problems...one after the other. I love the jeep...but come on Stellantis...I know you mean well...but this problem combined with my previous problems is now ridiculous.
Sponsored

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt 2023 rubicon coming soon
2 weeks old. 1600 miles, 16.5 average ..90 plus degrees and XR package..Average highway speeds down here are 75-80...
Ugh...I get that on my gladiator and ordered a xr rubucon with 2.0 hoping it would be closer to 20 and be a better daily driver.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
Absolutely horrible thanks for asking lol. For reference 23 JLUR non XR bone stock work commuting only 60/40 highway town 13.6 mpg I do live in hill country and the one highway gets pretty bad cross winds but still damn, tried talking to dealer they more or less blew me off. A 4 cylinder that gets 13.5mpg serves me absolutely no purpose I’d rather drive the big ole diesel anyway so baring some miraculous fix this thing will be up for sale or trade in the spring

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
On a recent trip from Houston to Durango there were sections of wind and up hill where I only got 14 mpg on interstate going 75. But the last section with some town driving I got 19. If I just stay around town it is low 20s.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
As I said before, I owned this truck through 2 winters. The change in gas during winter months did not really affect my mpg before; neither did driving with A/C on, or the top and windows up or down. I'm not nit picking this...seeing my mpg previously show consistently 20-21, 21.5, 21.7 and never below 20, all of a sudden go to 18.5 was very surprising and worrisome.

Also, I have consistently driven with top tier 87 octane for most of the time since I owned this Jeep, and the grade of gas did not materially affect my gas mileage. This Jeep is the 3.0-liter turbo charged 4 cylinder.

I have taken care of my Corvette and Porsches all through the years, since I was 15 - I'm 74 now. I generally repair all my cars, finding it enjoyable and a part of owning these cars. I am very familiar with gas mileage and never nitpicked mpg before.

There is something wrong...and finding it will be the challenge -- a tough challenge, but I will find out why.

Hope I can get some help here from our Forum members. Thanks everyone.
You might want to check for brake caliper drag….does one wheel feel hotter than others. Noisy bearings?

Sponsored

ldstruckn

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
Sounds like a battery problem. It shouldnt matter but in these dual battery setups for the ess jeep really messed up. I have no issues in my bmw’s or audi’s but the jeep has random issues when batteries start to go bad and create excess draw on the system

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Sounds like a battery problem. It shouldnt matter but in these dual battery setups for the ess jeep really messed up. I have no issues in my bmw’s or audi’s but the jeep has random issues when batteries start to go bad and create excess draw on the system
I'll have to check battery performance. Batteries seem to be performing perfectly.
Interesting to check that. Except I'm 8n Mexico until April., 😎

Pipila

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Just got home after picking up my new 2DR 2 L Turbo Automatic
2500 miles going like a bat out of hell from the get go, through high plains, wind and snow, many mountain ranges, cities, and lots of desert. 23.4 MPG.
The 2 L turbo is impressive. Can be going 75 and it snorts when you hit the accelerator to pass.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The 2 L turbo is impressive. Can be going 75 and it snorts when you hit the accelerator to pass.
As a new owner who hadn't driven or even seen the 2.0T before taking delivery, the relative immediacy of the acceleration surprised me, too. I do split the credit for that responsiveness between the power characteristics of the engine and the ability of the superlative ZF transmission to deliver that power fairly seamlessly.

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
As a new owner who hadn't driven or even seen the 2.0T before taking delivery, the relative immediacy of the acceleration surprised me, too. I do split the credit for that responsiveness between the power characteristics of the engine and the ability of the superlative ZF transmission to deliver that power fairly seamlessly.
And the twin turbos don't hurt either.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Ugh...I get that on my gladiator and ordered a xr rubucon with 2.0 hoping it would be closer to 20 and be a better daily driver.
You lost me at "XR Rubicon" and "better daily driver" 🤨

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

~200mi on the odometer. IP says 19.7mpg, we'll see what we get at next fill up.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Interesting... reading through this thread, it doesn't seem like I'm paying much of a penalty for having the 3.6L etorque. I consistently get 20.5-21 mpg in a mix of rural/town driving.

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
I'm getting 21-22 mpg on my xr willys 2.0.
Sponsored

Reactions: Oak