SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh dear... that brings me to the question "what about with a the MT"? I hadn't planned on ordering an auto.
My wife’s Sahara is a 6 speed, and I’m a CC fiend. It maintains speed well, but 6 gear is tall. So, even slight grades at 60-65, and you’ll be downshifting and hitting resume ALOT.
I’d expect the Rubicon 4:10 would not struggle as much. With mine in automatic, it stays in 7th a little longer than I’d like at hwy speeds.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I also love how when you set the cruise, it shows the exact digital readout of the setting on the screen. Each bump up/down on the buttons is 1 MPH change. You can see exactly what it's set to instantly.

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it “Adaptive” Cruise Control? I’ll be ordering a 2019 Rubicon and wondered this. My current car does which I constantly use <set speed and car will slow down or speed up based off the car in front of you>

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Is it “Adaptive” Cruise Control? I’ll be ordering a 2019 Rubicon and wondered this. My current car does which I constantly use <set speed and car will slow down or speed up based off the car in front of you>
The 2018 does not have adaptive cruise control.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, a manual Rubicon will not keep highway speeds up an incline in 6th gear.

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks Maguro. I’ve heard the 2019 (maybe 2018 already has) the blind spot alert. I am spoiled with that feature and never turn my head when switching lanes. Dangerous I know, but knock on wood that I’ve been using it for the last 6 years

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those of you already on the road with your JL. How's the cruise control function (non-adaptive)?

Does the vehicle maintain speed without slowing down going up hill? Does it maintain set speed going downhill or does it exceed the speed set on cruise control?
my cruise maintains the selected speed at all times...aka when going up hills the accelerator is pressed, engine shifts "back" and increases power to maintain the speed. When going down hills, the accelerator is lifted...engine "cruises" to maintain speed. I can also see this as my MPG will fluctuate with each action.

Going up a hill, MPG can decrease to 6 MPG.... Going down a hill, MPG can increase to 99 MPG.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone gone on a long road trip with their JL yet? How was it? Especially compared to a JK long road trip.
Love my long road trips...but they may not be considered "long" for most of you. I typically keep it to around 200miles each way. I set the cruise @ 75mph or 80mph and roll. The ride is smooth, just need to adjust steering with cross wind. Other than that...all G.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, a manual Rubicon will not keep highway speeds up an incline in 6th gear.
Huh? What does it do then? :movember:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I also love how when you set the cruise, it shows the exact digital readout of the setting on the screen. Each bump up/down on the buttons is 1 MPH change. You can see exactly what it's set to instantly.
Yasssssss! Love this as well!

OP
OP

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
my cruise maintains the selected speed at all times...aka when going up hills the accelerator is pressed, engine shifts "back" and increases power to maintain the speed. When going down hills, the accelerator is lifted...engine "cruises" to maintain speed. I can also see this as my MPG will fluctuate with each action.

Going up a hill, MPG can decrease to 6 MPG.... Going down a hill, MPG can increase to 99 MPG.
Awesome :) Sounds great. Thank you!

After losing momentum in 6th it would slow down and driver input would be needed for a drop to 5th in order to maintain the desired speed. From what I'm hearing 6th is basically for cruising at 900000mph. A lot of people never really use it.

Thanks Maguro. I’ve heard the 2019 (maybe 2018 already has) the blind spot alert. I am spoiled with that feature and never turn my head when switching lanes. Dangerous I know, but knock on wood that I’ve been using it for the last 6 years
Yes the 2018 already has blind spot detection in the safety package (the one with LED tail lights.)

I know it's nice to have the cushion but you should check anyway. Stay safe :) You don't want it to fail one day when you've gotten into the habit of not looking!

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If it's like my wife's Sahara - and no reason to expect it to act differently, except less power applied due to gearing - it just drops speed like a rock. Especially with the 315's on it - I'd have to be doing 90 to be within the power band.
Sponsored