Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Good point if they didn't tension it. As I mentioned earlier, I do that myself as I want to know it is spooled and tensioned well.
Really doubt they did. You think they hook up the rope to a tree or other vehicle and winched? Ive never seen any shop do that. Usually assume it is winch maintenance responsibility of the owner.
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Really doubt they did. You think they hook up the rope to a tree or other vehicle and winched? Ive never seen any shop do that. Usually assume it is winch maintenance responsibility of the owner.
Yeah I imagine most shops don't. I was over chatting with one of the guys at Northridge shop about it and they showed me where they do it and told me to help myself to do it in their parking lot if I didn't have room at home.

It sure helps to have a shop nearby where they know offroading 'personally' and not just a collection of grease monkeys.

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
FWIW: while No. 1 does indeed look like were done when they removed the gap cover, I found all sorts of small scratches on the frame in that exact area when I removed that plastic piece to install my winch.

I'm not saying the shop did or didn't do those scratches; simply that JLs normally come from the factory with scratches in that area.
I installed a winch a year ago. Have the exact same scratches on my frame. Never noticed them until I read this post. You can scratch that complaint off your list (pun intended).

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, maybe the rope was preinstalled? I will have to inquire.
You don't know if the rope was installed or not but you know where the scratches came from?

For the record I never did suggest to him he replace the winch.
You were ranting and raving about the scratch and that the shop owed you a new winch. Why didn't you demand what you professed to be entitled to?

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Some day! Like I said I have another Jeep. This one I’m keeping pretty for now
I understand , i wish i had a second jeep so I didnt have to beat up the 2021 JLR

Sponsored

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
bro, you’re way out of line with this comment. A customer is a customer regardless of anything.
yea, I got to agree there. just cause you drive an old jeep doesn't mean you don't deserve the better treatment than someone else paid the same

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Now I need to pull the trim piece between the frame to see if mine has scratches. At this point I guess we can call this thread done and buried. Nothing good will come out of it except resentment and hatred. I think we have a good group of people here. Lets stay friendly and help each other.

• Haha
Reactions: GtX

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Get over it.
i'll get over it, but it's quite the elitist comment. I have more money than you so treat me better

i think i was on your side until this one... and I drive a 2021 JLR I paid cash for. it's not like I am crying from an empty bank account.. if you pay for high quality service, you get the quality of the service.

not just cause you think you're special for driving an expensive mall crawler

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
No offense meant to anyone here (and no pun intended).

1. When someone posts a question, some people become personal, they should not care how the poster uses/ or not uses his/her Jeep.
2. Please read the title before you post. That will remind you what the post is about.
3. Off topic - To Rubicon owners - I have read multiple threads how the R owners ask, why the Fu*k did you buy a Sport or a Sahara etc and not a bad ass Rubicon.

I ask these JLUR owners, why not get or upgrade to a 392?

Rubicon owners give a lot of shit to other lesser Wrangler owners. 392 owners get a lot of hate from JEEPers here.

Food for thought - Should 392 owners start to look down upon lesser Rubicon Wrangler owners the same way Rubiconers think about Sahara or sport?

• Haha
Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
i'll get over it, but it's quite the elitist comment. I have more money than you so treat me better

i think i was on your side until this one... and I drive a 2021 JLR I paid cash for. it's not like I am crying from an empty bank account.. if you pay for high quality service, you get the quality of the service.

not just cause you think you're special for driving an expensive mall crawler
That’s not at all what I was trying to imply.

I agree service should be equal quality no matter what it is.

Sponsored

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
I agree service should be equal quality no matter what it is.
That’s the point, I take a lot of pride in the work that I do (attention to details).
everything that I do, I take extra care that it goes out perfect, as per the spec/ ask.
I expect the same in return when I pay top dollar for work that I am not skilled to do.

When you buy a Jeep, be prepared to expect the worst! You can fix it, but you need extra $ to do that.

the G63 is the the same but does not need fixing (in my opinion), costs twice as much, but you don’t complain when you step inside.

Just my 2 cents -
(Disclaimer - I am not comparing the g wagon to a 392)

Jeep 392 - you get your kick when you cold start it for the first 1-2 mins.
It’s a dog once you step in.

G63 - you feel good when you get into it. After 10-15 mins driving, it’s fu*k all Bull shit (I am talking about the pre facelift solid front axle one)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol, I love this forum. We had a guy on here roll a fully built 392 and was like "meh, I'll get a new one and be back right away" to "I see scratches using a jewellers loupe on frame rails and a $2500 winch I use for looks, I might hop on Google reviews and blast this guy's business"

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I think this thread has run its course. Let's stick a fork in it.
Lol. Couldn't help myself.

Jeep Wrangler JL How would you handle this with a shop? 1670068929004

This thread has been a source of entertainment for me for a couple days now. I'd hate to see it end.

Status
Not open for further replies.