Not open for further replies.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Spoke to the shop owner and he was very apologetic and offered to make this right. Cant ask for anything more.
Glad to hear he’s making it right.
Sponsored

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
How would you handle this with a shop?

Why is everyone suggesting how to fix it than to "handle this with the shop"?

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
to the OP...

I feel your pain. This is not the right forum. A lot of the 392 owners are probably getting it as a toy, maybe have a lambo or Aston, Rollys sitting in the garage. (I just have an X5 as a DD on my profile :) LOL)
It's more of a lifestyle statement that Jeeps, G-63's, LR Discovery etc. have become.

Some people just want the most expensive toy out there, even if they're never going to play with it! People on this forum - please accept it and deal with it.

We are where we are. Some people make more than some other people, they can afford expensive sh*t. I think you need to be above average to stand out, that is what makes some people "better". (Please don't think rich/ money only, I am suggesting any Job that you do, think parents, a better person etc.)

This is where it's related to OCD (in my opinion), if you pay top dollar for a Job, you need to get equivalent service/ quality.

Some things - (I know I have a lot of haters on this forum already)

1. The shop sucks, post a review and let others be aware. At least, I don't want to get anything done at "that" shop.
2. It's a top-dog Jeep
3. It's a High end winch. How many people here can afford a WARN Platinum, it's a platinum, right? How many here know what's different in a Platinum (except for the price and that it's built in America). I know.
4. It does not matter what the Jeep will be used for, or, if it needs a winch! You may just need to rescue your friends Range Rover/ Bentayga on the road in sketchy conditions.

I don't care too much about my Jeep after the "Jeep Service" experience. No thanks.
Will I sell it? Probably no. Do I like it..... I don't know!
It costs less than 100K so it's not a high ticket item that I need to worry about today. Time might change.

Overall to the OP - this sucks big time and I don't know how to deal with this. Just leave an honest review on the shop, Internet goes a long way.

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
to the OP...

I feel your pain. This is not the right forum. A lot of the 392 owners are probably getting it as a toy, maybe have a lambo or Aston, Rollys sitting in the garage. (I just have an X5 as a DD on my profile :) LOL)
It's more of a lifestyle statement that Jeeps, G-63's, LR Discovery etc. have become.

Some people just want the most expensive toy out there, even if they're never going to play with it! People on this forum - please accept it and deal with it.

We are where we are. Some people make more than some other people, they can afford expensive sh*t. I think you need to be above average to stand out, that is what makes some people "better". (Please don't think rich/ money only, I am suggesting any Job that you do, think parents, a better person etc.)

This is where it's related to OCD (in my opinion), if you pay top dollar for a Job, you need to get equivalent service/ quality.

Some things - (I know I have a lot of haters on this forum already)

1. The shop sucks, post a review and let others be aware. At least, I don't want to get anything done at "that" shop.
2. It's a top-dog Jeep
3. It's a High end winch. How many people here can afford a WARN Platinum, it's a platinum, right? How many here know what's different in a Platinum (except for the price and that it's built in America). I know.
4. It does not matter what the Jeep will be used for, or, if it needs a winch! You may just need to rescue your friends Range Rover/ Bentayga on the road in sketchy conditions.

I don't care too much about my Jeep after the "Jeep Service" experience. No thanks.
Will I sell it? Probably no. Do I like it..... I don't know!
It costs less than 100K so it's not a high ticket item that I need to worry about today. Time might change.

Overall to the OP - this sucks big time and I don't know how to deal with this. Just leave an honest review on the shop, Internet goes a long way.
Thanks! Appreciate the post, you get it! Solid advice, but after speaking to the owner I dont feel right blasting them in a review.

@PatriotX
He offered to take care of the issues to my satisfaction. (unspool line, install abrasion guard, respool, touch up winch and frame) The Jeep isn't my daily and I've needed to drive my truck all week. So, he has not seen the Jeep since I picked it up last week and its difficult to get pics that illustrate how bad it is on the winch since the OEM bumper hides the majority of the damage.

I told him I am not sure I want them to do anything at this time, as we may introduce additional issues while attempting to resolve these issues. We left it at I would think about it and let him know. Truthfully, no touch up is going to make this look acceptable. As birdcatcher pointed out, this is a pricey winch, and in my mind no damage is an acceptable amount.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Can't trust them to not introduce more damage in the process of rope removal and reinstall. Definitely wont let them remove or reinstall a replacement winch if they were to agree to that.
In the above post I made it clear that I wasn't willing to roll the dice and risk more issues letting them attempt to repair. Why call the shop? Because silence is acceptance, and no one should have to put up with their new parts being damaged during install.

Last edited by a moderator:

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re not the car you drive.
I somewhat agree. When you have it all, you stop caring.

I also read somewhere that “your car is an extension of your personality”

+ the color matters a lot

why do Presidents and diplomats travel in “certain” color only vehicles?

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
It’s probably been covered already but those paint dings on the frame are 100% from the factory. I’ve installed 3 steel bumpers on JLs and they’ve all had the exact same markings. I installed a winch on my 392 and same markings are there. It must be how they lift the frame at the factory.

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
It’s probably been covered already but those paint dings on the frame are 100% from the factory. I’ve installed 3 steel bumpers on JLs and they’ve all had the exact same markings. I installed a winch on my 392 and same markings are there. It must be how they lift the frame at the factory.
You are not the only one to suggest this, sounds like this is common.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Agree. Same in my experience as well.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I really. really fail to see anything major here. Am I the only one?. Not worth it. Have a beer and relax.

Those miniscule, almost negligible scratches that you posted on your pictures can be touched up in less than a minute.

#4 is an oversight from their side. Reinstalling the rope isn't a big deal. You can take it and have them do it, or do it yourself.

Are you even gonna wheel this thing? I mean you got a winch and everything but you're bitching about some really really minor stuff. If you actually go somewhere where you need to use that winch you gonna get worse scratches than that.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile 5 children in South Sudan just died while I read your post. Holy first world problems Batman.

Btw... you don't need to unspool the rope to put the sheath on. Take your hook off the end and the steel tear drop that sits at the end of the rope can be worked free which will allow the sleeve to slip over.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Meanwhile 5 children in South Sudan just died while I read your post. Holy first world problems Batman.

Btw... you don't need to unspool the rope to put the sheath on. Take your hook off the end and the steel tear drop that sits at the end of the rope can be worked free which will allow the sleeve to slip over.
Yep definitely try that first before unspooling.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

He is gonna have to unspool the rope anyway as I doubt they pre-tensioned it. Unless the winch is purely for show. I do my rope every few months.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

He is gonna have to unspool the rope anyway as I doubt they pre-tensioned it. I do my rope every few months.
Good point if they didn't tension it. As I mentioned earlier, I do that myself as I want to know it is spooled and tensioned well. The last thing you want is a cable that went wonky on the spool and you have to wrestle with it just to get it unspooled because someone did a crap job ensure an even spool.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.