OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I like all of it. It can react a whole lot faster, than any one of us on this forum. I didn’t ask for the package, but it just happened to have every option available on the bikini I wanted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Remember, those willing to trade freedom for safety or security will soon find they have neither.
Heck, even Ben Franklin has an opinion on this issue!

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like all of it. It can react a whole lot faster, than any one of us on this forum. I didn’t ask for the package, but it just happened to have every option available on the bikini I wanted.
Did you consider custom ordering? It's the only way to fly.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
What if something goes wrong with the tech? What is something is hacked? Look at how many electronic systems go haywire in any given system on any given day, whether in cars or planes or company computers or service stations at restaurants or whatever. Look at how many companies get hacked every week. What happens when the next generation of drivers don't know how to do things when something goes wrong? There's a difference between accidents happening now because people aren't paying attention and accidents happening in the future because new drivers completely and totally lack the skills necessary to actually drive a vehicle.

I think we would have been better off cracking down on distracted driving rather than building crutches to allow distracted driving.
Cars have had computers for quite awhile and there isn't an issue with all of those computers failing. You seem to think a recently developed computer system like adaptive cruise is less reliable than a computer system developed a long time ago like anti lock breaks or sir bags.

Remember, those willing to trade freedom for safety or security will soon find they have neither.
I know what you mean. Those mandatory airbags and seatbelts have really restricted my freedom to break my face on the windshield in an accident. God damn government.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Cars have had computers for quite awhile and there isn't an issue with all of those computers failing. You seem to think a recently developed computer system like adaptive cruise is less reliable than a computer system developed a long time ago like anti lock breaks or sir bags.

I know what you mean. Those mandatory airbags and seatbelts have really restricted my freedom to break my face on the windshield in an accident. God damn government.
Actually its changed a ton, there are now a bunch of computers networked together and one of them failing can induce issues on others.

the level of complexity is 1000x fold the simple standalone computers used in early cars, and now imagine an ultra ultra low quality company like Fiat doing it. lol

And issues with computers has been an issue even when they were simpler....

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

minisoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 392, Escalade, Audi SQ8, 911 Turbo S
Slightly different perspective here... We are purchasing a 2020 JLUR as a third family vehicle and DD for our daughter who is a 16 year old new driver.

I’ve had mixed experience with these in several cars, but decided to hedge my bets with our precious cargo... ordered it and will report back!

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I decided against this option when I found out how much it would be to replace the windshield.
Yeah I had a Honda CR-V with that feature loved it when there was a traffic jam and didnt want to keep using the pedals set the adaptive cruise and sit back. But the price for a replacement windshield was crazy almost $1k.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Actually its changed a ton, there are now a bunch of computers networked together and one of them failing can induce issues on others.

the level of complexity is 1000x fold the simple standalone computers used in early cars, and now imagine an ultra ultra low quality company like Fiat doing it. lol

And issues with computers has been an issue even when they were simpler....
And somehow cars seem to last longer with fewer problems than they used to. My two current cars are at 400K miles combined and no computer problems. A few non-computer failures but by all measures very reliable.

Sponsored

MJM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2004 GC Limited, 2018 Silverado LTZ, 2000 GMC Sierra SLT, 2000 Camaro SS
Wow, 20 JL for a 16 year old? My 18 year old daughter drives a 04 WJ that she had to get summer jobs to buy. But she is proud to drive it because she earned it. Now if I could just get her to take a little better care of it and wash it now and then it will likely last her through college.

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
The safety features will not be added on my upcoming order. I think an alarm feature is a good idea, I do not accept the electronics taking my responsibility. I trust me.

For those who have not been introduced to the best way to adjust your vehicle mirrors, here is a video showing how. Once you drive with your mirrors set this way, there is no blind spot to need electronics to cover for you.

JCJR824

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
The CLS (Coffee Locating System) has a few bugs remaining

Dunkin Jeep.jpg
Not even a JL.

Something else no one mentioned is insurance savings. I get a discount for having advanced safety. When I selected the option it stated the vehicle must be equipped with it from the factory to qualify.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The safety features will not be added on my upcoming order. I think an alarm feature is a good idea, I do not accept the electronics taking my responsibility. I trust me.
I remember saying the EXACT same thing about anti-lock brakes - 30 years ago .
Sponsored