supermike

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Time to shop companies. If you don’t use an independent agent, start. When we moved houses 3 miles away (to a nicer area too) our premiums sky rocketed. We shopped and got the same coverage for $2k less per year. I’m not going to get into detail on pricing, and sure some companies do offer better service. Long story short is it may come more down to who’s running the most efficient machine right now, that company may change faster than you’d expect!
I used to have State Farm and it went sky rocketed so I ship around and found current agent. A regular c300 costs around $1200 a year to get full coverage with decent liability limit. Just flabbergasted a 392 cost doubled JLUR..
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It was close to double for me as well (quoted a few days ago), but my per month premium was only ~$67 for my JLUR previously -- now it's $105. Is what it is.

Arizona.

Planning on shopping around but due to windshield claims that I've had using $0 deductible glass, I've actually been struggling to find insurers to even insure me. Progressive and State Farm both denied me literally due to too many claims (even though they were literally ALL glass -- no collision claims and I have no tickets in past 7 years). So just have to deal with it until all of those claims fall off. I have another year and I think it'll lower the number enough to the point where I'll be viewed as low risk again. I took $0 deductible glass off my policy and will just replace out of pocket now... thank god for GG coming :)

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
$1243 annual premium in MA for the 392 ($1000 deductible)

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I used to have State Farm and it went sky rocketed so I ship around and found current agent. A regular c300 costs around $1200 a year to get full coverage with decent liability limit. Just flabbergasted a 392 cost doubled JLUR..
Headed to dealer to Inspect my 392. Called my insurance, State Farm. I was quoted $411 for 6 months. About the same as my 16 Cherokee TH. It is my 3rd car and quoted with low mileage.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
$337 every 6 months for Geico, ID, full coverage, $500 deductible, medium mileage, towing, basically every option.

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
It was close to double for me as well (quoted a few days ago), but my per month premium was only ~$67 for my JLUR previously -- now it's $105. Is what it is.

Arizona.

Planning on shopping around but due to windshield claims that I've had using $0 deductible glass, I've actually been struggling to find insurers to even insure me. Progressive and State Farm both denied me literally due to too many claims (even though they were literally ALL glass -- no collision claims and I have no tickets in past 7 years). So just have to deal with it until all of those claims fall off. I have another year and I think it'll lower the number enough to the point where I'll be viewed as low risk again. I took $0 deductible glass off my policy and will just replace out of pocket now... thank god for GG coming :)
just buy the glass policy the dealership sells. 500 bucks for 7 years of coverage

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got something like this. It's good for up to 3 windshields. Already replaced one so far.
That's awesome, free money.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
Picking up my 392 tomorrow, happy happy. My 18 JLUR currently cost $1450 per year, full coverage with 250k/500k liability. The 392 cost a whopping $2770 a year….. it’s even more than a G63 ????????? Why? Because its so new? Or it’s mopar muscle car?
Thanks to this question and this forum. I just saved more than $125.00 a month on insurance. I'm over 60, have great credit and no tickets in the last @#%^ years. (Damn I'm getting old) was with The Hartford for around 18 years... I checked Progressive and Geico for a quote then gave Hartford a chance to meet or beat ... they said no, I said goodbye. Geico has my business as of now. Shop around people. Its your money.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to this question and this forum. I just saved more than $125.00 a month on insurance. I'm over 60, have great credit and no tickets in the last @#%^ years. (Damn I'm getting old) was with The Hartford for around 18 years... I checked Progressive and Geico for a quote then gave Hartford a chance to meet or beat ... they said no, I said goodbye. Geico has my business as of now. Shop around people. Its your money.
What's Hartford? Is it agreed value insurance?

FWIW, I have had great experiences with Geico, even with an accident. Really easy and no games when it came to paying out claims.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
What's Hartford? Is it agreed value insurance?

FWIW, I have had great experiences with Geico, even with an accident. Really easy and no games when it came to paying out claims.
Its the automotive insurance AARP recommends, never had a claim so I can't rate it.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Keep in mind, insurance has an algorithm developed by NASA. Throwing out $ / time will vary by state, age, gender, marital status, bundling factors (is auto combined w house), driving history, etc.
Agree shopping around is the best bet. But if you are single, 18, male, rent an apartment, and have a 'rough' driving history - you will never get near the cost of those on the other end of the spectrum.

Fair...you probably aren't in the demographic that buys a 392, but you get the point...
Sponsored