Sponsored

How to wire aftermarket headlights lights with drl on sport s

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
In case you didn't see it, here's how I routed from fuse 57 on out, was able to route it down the right side of fuse box (when looking from the front of Jeep) so I could easily close fuse box lid, and zip tied it to one of those power cables, then in front of the battery, down the passenger fender line and through a hole in the left side of radiator area. Both white leads that come w/ the lights had enough length to meet in the middle of the radiator and crimped them all together at that point w/ zip ties throughout to keep all out of harms way. The turn signal wires w/ each light are also plenty long enough to get to the turn signal wiring although I haven't done that but probably will when I find a good pic of fender removal, the ones I've seen involve possible breaking of the fender clips so until I find a cheap source for those clips I'll leave it alone. Don't want to break clips and have the Jeep sidelined while waiting to source new clips :)

100_4039.JPG

100_4040.JPG

100_4041.JPG
Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
In case you didn't see it, here's how I routed from fuse 57 on out, was able to route it down the right side of fuse box (when looking from the front of Jeep) so I could easily close fuse box lid, and zip tied it to one of those power cables, then in front of the battery, down the passenger fender line and through a hole in the left side of radiator area. Both white leads that come w/ the lights had enough length to meet in the middle of the radiator and crimped them all together at that point w/ zip ties throughout to keep all out of harms way. The turn signal wires w/ each light are also plenty long enough to get to the turn signal wiring although I haven't done that but probably will when I find a good pic of fender removal, the ones I've seen involve possible breaking of the fender clips so until I find a cheap source for those clips I'll leave it alone. Don't want to break clips and have the Jeep sidelined while waiting to source new clips :)

100_4039.JPG

100_4040.JPG

100_4041.JPG
Thank you so much for this information. Super helpful!
Speaking of fender clips, I ordered 5 of those JL white clips for under $7 with shipping included, best price I've found.
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-flare-clip-68395634aa
I am planning to remove the fenders to install Aux switch, so figured to have some backup clips on hand before I start.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you so much for this information. Super helpful!
Speaking of fender clips, I ordered 5 of those JL white clips for under $7 with shipping included, best price I've found.
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-flare-clip-68395634aa
I am planning to remove the fenders to install Aux switch, so figured to have some backup clips on hand before I start.
Great to have that link, I think I'll hold off a bit on removing the fenders since I'm holding out hope that theretrofitsource.com will come out w/ led switchbacks for the fenders on the Sport models, would be awesome if & when they do!

coachblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Engineering and Robotics Educator
Great information! I have a 2018 JLU sport with halogens. Questions: With the Oracle lights, do I use the connectors included or do I need additional adaptors? On the Oracle halos there are two wires, one red and one yellow. The red is power, but where do I connect the yellow wire? It indicates it should be the ground. Where do I ground the lights? Or, do I use this wire for the turn signals? I’m not very skilled at electronics and I don’t want to fry anything. Any help would be appreciated!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Which Oracles do you have, is it just the halo rings that go around the outside of the OEM headlights?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Should be one wire to the DRLs, one for the turn signal tap, and one for ground. Since it only has two wires then you would ground that other wire to a solid metal grounding point, there should be a few grounded wires around the engine bay (don't have pics or my Jeep handy), but I know there are many places to do that.

coachblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Engineering and Robotics Educator
Should be one wire to the DRLs, one for the turn signal tap, and one for ground. Since it only has two wires then you would ground that other wire to a solid metal grounding point, there should be a few grounded wires around the engine bay (don't have pics or my Jeep handy), but I know there are many places to do that.
Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.
Sponsored