2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

EgGreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep
On a sport you have few options

A.) Tap the parking light wire or use a jumper connector set to steal the power from the sidelight harness

B.) tap a fuse for ignition power (see post below)

C.) If you want true drl, you’ll need to wire up your own relays as drl relays. You’ll need constant battery power, and you’ll need to find somewhere to tap ignition signal to act as the trigger for the relay

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
UCnight

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go, check my last post for pics. Haven't hooked up the turn signal switchbacks but may do so later on, just didn't want to remove the fenders just yet :)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/connecting-drls-on-a-sport-s.19298/#post-552011

For those lights you'll need this type headlight adapter that includes the wiring harness adapters shown, I also needed the anti-flicker CANBUS adapters (these were included w/ the lights I bought).
61A8tCJQ4ML._SL1000_.jpg
Would you mind also posting the lights you got? My buddy has the bear claws I posted on his jk and likes them. But i dont think they come with anti flicker canbus.

OP
OP
UCnight

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On a sport you have few options

A.) Tap the parking light wire or use a jumper connector set to steal the power from the sidelight harness

B.) tap a fuse for ignition power (see post below)

C.) If you want true drl, you’ll need to wire up your own relays as drl relays. You’ll need constant battery power, and you’ll need to find somewhere to tap ignition signal to act as the trigger for the relay
Any chance you could show me a pic of which wire is the parking light wire? I've used wiretaps in speaker systems before so this sounds like the easiest route.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
UCnight

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Question about this pic. Is the white wire part of the headlight? If not, what type of wire did you use to bridge the gap between fuse tap and the headlight wire?
The white wire from the fuse tap is the hot wire for the DRL, the 3 prong wire plug that runs into the light has two extra leads, a white and a yellow. The 3 prong plug goes into the stock headlight plug (but you will need both those adapters I mentioned too) and the yellow would go to splice into your turn signal driver wire.
Here's a basic pic set but in the lower right that's what your light setup will resemble except that red & yellow wire would be a white & yellow wire for these specific lights.

led lights.jpg

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here's a few more pics of the lights installed

100_4033.JPG

100_4034.JPG

100_4035.JPG

OP
OP
UCnight

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Parts ordered! Thanks for the help, pray to the mopar gods I don't do a bad!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Worst part was popping off the grill, the clips under the headlights were clamped pretty tight, but steady force and they cooperated :)
Took a bit of getting used to as far as the LED light color temp & beam pattern but I like them just fine now, and no one has flashed me :)

OP
OP
UCnight

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished installing these. Drl part was crazy easy. The hard part was the bracket. One of the mounting plate screw holes was not tapped very well. So it wouldn't take the screws. I just went to ace hardware and got a slightly smaller screw and a locking nut. After that it was easy,didnt even need to adjust them at all. Went for a drive and they were aligned perfectly.

Thanks for all the advice! Saved me lots of time and anger!

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
The white wire from the fuse tap is the hot wire for the DRL, the 3 prong wire plug that runs into the light has two extra leads, a white and a yellow. The 3 prong plug goes into the stock headlight plug (but you will need both those adapters I mentioned too) and the yellow would go to splice into your turn signal driver wire.
Here's a basic pic set but in the lower right that's what your light setup will resemble except that red & yellow wire would be a white & yellow wire for these specific lights.

led lights.jpg
Would you mind sharing a link of which DRL harness you used? JL uses mini/Micro fuse, but I have a hard time find a mini fuse harness.
Tons of them for regular size like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RVYHVY/ref=psdc_15729931_t1_B01N4IHUR0

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Reactions: zyt