Sponsored

how to turn off the horn"chirp" when locking?

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
Been reading the manual but not finding a method for turning off the horn-sounbd when I press the lock button on the fob.

Didn't find a thread on this when searching, but surely others have reasons for silent parking too.
Google turned up something about a four second press of the lock button then press panic and release both. Tried it but didn't turn on the horn.
thanks
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
In radio go to settings then, I believe it’s in locks or vehicle. It will give the option for horn chirp on first or second button press. Did your salesman not show you how to do that stuff?

OP
OP
STW

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In radio go to settings then, I believe it’s in locks or vehicle. It will give the option for horn chirp on first or second button press. Did your salesman not show you how to do that stuff?
Thanks, I'll look there.
didn't go through that stuff at the dealer. Pretty hectic, heh, but I see what you mean.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Just push the lock button on the door- no chirp

Sponsored

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
On similar note, any idea how to turn off the horn yelling when you exit the Jeep and its still running? Ford has this crappy feature too, my RAM doesnt care if the key fob left the vehicle

i know , i know RTFM... :CWL:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The horn chirps when I push the button on any of the door handles on my 2020 Sahara.
Interesting, my 21 doesn’t ( thankfully)

OP
OP
STW

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
update: like Jellis4148 said, it was easy to change in settings while inside the Jeep using the Jeep console. (btw, it's not a setting available through the Uconnect phone app as far as I could find.)

My settings showed you could have the horn-chirp happen on the first press of the fob's lock button, or the second press, but you couldn't change it to no chirp at all on either press. My settings showed you could set this preference separately for the fob's lock button and for the lock button on the door handles.
Sponsored