Sponsored

How to turn off email notification for threads I'm following?

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I've gone into the settings and thought I'd unchecked the right options but I'm still getting my inbox flooded with notifications. I'm on the forum enough (way too much?) that I don't need/want the emails. What are the specific things I need to make sure I've got turned on (or off) to stop this? Thanks.
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I haven't figured out how to stop it globally, but for each thread you can "Unwatch Thread" near the top. That means you don't get any notifications, email or web, which probably is not quite what you want but it certainly cuts down on the email.

OP
OP

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't figured out how to stop it globally, but for each thread you can "Unwatch Thread" near the top. That means you don't get any notifications, email or web, which probably is not quite what you want but it certainly cuts down on the email.
Thanks for the info! You are right, a global setting would be ideal but I'll take what I can get. :)

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Top Right, click on your profile which will bring up your Profile Page. On there, left column, about five down is Preferences. Under that, uncheck the first two items. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Silly me, I was just looking at Alert Preferences. Going out of town for a week and hoping now I won't have an inbox filled with notifications.
Sponsored