2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Making some progress:

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? 床

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? 床
Your craftswomanship is beautiful. While I likely am taller than you may be it concerns me that it does not appear you can sit up in bed. Perhaps it is just a thing I do too often—

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Where is your next adventure?
Good question. It’s just going to be a weekend trip. I’m sure most of the yellow post sites still have snow, but I’m considering a few options right now. Throw in a little hiking and mountain biking, I’m set no matter what :) what about you?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
your tent looks super nice. Oh and the Jeep is beautiful of course, love the color choice, and the 392 wheels are just perfect. Does your tent provide any sort of insulation? how thick are the walls? I've been thinking buying a RTT for my soon to be delivered trailer. I am not gonna do it anytime soon, but in the near future. We have a baby and I would love to sleep alone sometimes lol.
I appreciate the kind words. I’m very happy with our setup. The wife and I love it. The insulation is incredible. I really love our RTT. Since it’s electric, it sets up and tears down in 10 seconds. All the bedding and our double sleeping bag, plus the pillows fit inside of it. My favorite thing is the dual lithium batteries, which allows us to use our 110v electric blanket.

What trailer did you order? And congrats on the baby. One of my best friends just had his first baby. I don’t think I’ll ever have any myself, but he is pretty happy.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I appreciate the kind words. I’m very happy with our setup. The wife and I love it. The insulation is incredible. I really love our RTT. Since it’s electric, it sets up and tears down in 10 seconds. All the bedding and our double sleeping bag, plus the pillows fit inside of it. My favorite thing is the dual lithium batteries, which allows us to use our 110v electric blanket.

What trailer did you order? And congrats on the baby. One of my best friends just had his first baby. I don’t think I’ll ever have any myself, but he is pretty happy.
I ordered an offroad hiker trailer from Colorado, should be delivered April or May. I ordered March last year.

I dont have much on it other than a 2inch lift, 6 inch queen mattress, propane tank + stove, pressurized 7gal road shower, 3 roof rack bars, maxxfan, max hitch coupler, rear galley shelf outdoor kitchen, floor insulation, and that's about it.

I was trying to keep it as light as possible. For electrical I told them to customize it to be able to plug a Jackery. So I will be using a Jackery + solar panels for electrical. Definitely not dual lithium lol, but it will get the fan + lights running and charge our phones,drone, etc... Jackeries aren't that cheap actually, but so damn convenient.

The hiker walls are not insulated. But the ceiling is, and floor I am adding it. I also have a northface double sleeping bag that has the different layers for different temps, and it is pretty darn warm. For heating if needed I will be using my propane portable, at least to get the camper toasty before bed.

Baby is doing great. but I don't recommend it. lol.

Covered in Dust

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I sleep in the back of my Jeep often. It’s a bit of a pain but I take everything out and put fridge on a tire table and all other stuff is either setup like chairs and such or goes up front. With the back seats folded a air mattress designed for the unlimited fits perfectly. I wouldn’t want any kind of platform because I like to be able to sit up a little to change clothes at night and in the morning. With a large sleeping bag this is an extremely comfortable solution for me. It’s also really nice when the wind is blowing hard at night like it does often in the SoCal deserts.

FE9BF8A5-27BB-46C1-8549-6B5FCB781882.jpeg

OP
OP
Kristine Wang

Kristine Wang

First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Not bad! Yeah sitting up will be tough but that’s an easy adjustment. What are you going to use as a mattress?
I don't have an idea for the mattress yet, the bed platform I made is not a standard mattress size. I need to modify/cut the mattress along with the shape of the platform myself. 😢

Weekend trip to the hidden places sounds like a plan! I am thinking of Olympic National park and somewhere around there as the next adventure, I love to stay in the forest. 😝

OP
OP
Kristine Wang

Kristine Wang

First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I sleep in the back of my Jeep often. It’s a bit of a pain but I take everything out and put fridge on a tire table and all other stuff is either setup like chairs and such or goes up front. With the back seats folded a air mattress designed for the unlimited fits perfectly. I wouldn’t want any kind of platform because I like to be able to sit up a little to change clothes at night and in the morning. With a large sleeping bag this is an extremely comfortable solution for me. It’s also really nice when the wind is blowing hard at night like it does often in the SoCal deserts.

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? FE9BF8A5-27BB-46C1-8549-6B5FCB781882
Yeah, adding a kitchen system definitely limits the comfort space. I can't sit straight on the platforms, and I decided to go from the front passenger side to change clothes, and climb to the bed. I also made a drawer system so I can carry more stuff. Having an air matters is one of the most comfortable and easy way for a short trip! 😆

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I ordered an offroad hiker trailer from Colorado, should be delivered April or May. I ordered March last year.

I dont have much on it other than a 2inch lift, 6 inch queen mattress, propane tank + stove, pressurized 7gal road shower, 3 roof rack bars, maxxfan, max hitch coupler, rear galley shelf outdoor kitchen, floor insulation, and that's about it.

I was trying to keep it as light as possible. For electrical I told them to customize it to be able to plug a Jackery. So I will be using a Jackery + solar panels for electrical. Definitely not dual lithium lol, but it will get the fan + lights running and charge our phones,drone, etc... Jackeries aren't that cheap actually, but so damn convenient.

The hiker walls are not insulated. But the ceiling is, and floor I am adding it. I also have a northface double sleeping bag that has the different layers for different temps, and it is pretty darn warm. For heating if needed I will be using my propane portable, at least to get the camper toasty before bed.

Baby is doing great. but I don't recommend it. lol.
Dude that’s awesome can’t wait to see some pictures of it once it arrives. Is it a straight axle or using the Timbren independent suspension? Wow, that’s a long wait. It’ll just make it sweeter when you get it!

Sounds like a good package to me. Everything you’ll need for now and can add or upgrade along the way. Yeah I have a smaller Jackery we still bring with us even though we have the dual lithium setup now. Great backup and portable!

I’d love to check it out once you get it. You obviously have the little one now, but if you and your wife can get away, me and my wife are looking for more camping buddies!

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I don't have an idea for the mattress yet, the bed platform I made is not a standard mattress size. I need to modify/cut the mattress along with the shape of the platform myself. 😢

Weekend trip to the hidden places sounds like a plan! I am thinking of Olympic National park and somewhere around there as the next adventure, I love to stay in the forest. 😝
Wow that’s a mission! We almost made it up to Washington but turned back because we only had a eight day trip planned. That’s definitely on the to do list. I really like Lassen national forest. It’s so beautiful.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I feel like Ursa Minor is not the best solution for me, I can't install it by myself and I am worried about breaking down on the trip.
Goose Gear has the best storage solution but it doesn't come with the sleeping platform.
You don’t install it by yourself, you drive to San Diego or Portland and they install it for you. What are you worried about breaking? They're about a proven as it gets. I know 4 or 5 people that literally live in them Full time.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Dude that’s awesome can’t wait to see some pictures of it once it arrives. Is it a straight axle or using the Timbren independent suspension? Wow, that’s a long wait. It’ll just make it sweeter when you get it!

Sounds like a good package to me. Everything you’ll need for now and can add or upgrade along the way. Yeah I have a smaller Jackery we still bring with us even though we have the dual lithium setup now. Great backup and portable!

I’d love to check it out once you get it. You obviously have the little one now, but if you and your wife can get away, me and my wife are looking for more camping buddies!
It is a straight axle. I'll let you know when we get it, we are definitely getting outside as soon as we get it. Even with the baby which should be more than ready at that point. I dont know yet what we will do for our first trip, we will probably keep it simple the first trip to get used to everything. So we will probably take it for a weekend trip or so to the Big Bear hollcomb creak area or Mt. Pinos, and then we will hit Eastern Sierras, Big Sur, Arizona, etc... near Mt. Pinos there's miller-lockwood jeep trail, and big bear has gold mountain and a bunch of other fun stuff. I'd set camp and leave in the morning to hit a trail or two while the wife and baby get some extra sleep.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
It is a straight axle. I'll let you know when we get it, we are definitely getting outside as soon as we get it. Even with the baby which should be more than ready at that point. I dont know yet what we will do for our first trip, we will probably keep it simple the first trip to get used to everything. So we will probably take it for a weekend trip or so to the Big Bear hollcomb creak area or Mt. Pinos, and then we will hit Eastern Sierras, Big Sur, Arizona, etc... near Mt. Pinos there's miller-lockwood jeep trail, and big bear has gold mountain and a bunch of other fun stuff. I'd set camp and leave in the morning to hit a trail or two while the wife and baby get some extra sleep.
Sounds like a plan to me would love to get a couple trips on the book. That’s kind of exactly what I’m looking to do.

OP
OP
Kristine Wang

Kristine Wang

First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
During the past weekend:
1. I paint it with BEHR-Espresso to make it look clean and nice.

2. Cover the top with self adhesive carpet tile to protect the wood surface.

3. Made a couple wood blocks on the bottom to hold it in place and easy take-off.

4. Mounted Webost

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? WeChat Image_20220110112143

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? WeChat Image_20220110112151

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? WeChat Image_20220110112140

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? WeChat Image_20220110112131

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? WeChat Image_20220110112154

Jeep Wrangler JL How to turn my Jeep into a camper? WeChat Image_20220110112158
Sponsored