How to turn 392 non-XR into an XR?

Clayster

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 392
It's stunning how consistently this question is asked, and no one can manage to crank out part numbers and just honestly be helpful and answer the post.

There's always: Do this, do that and "IMO" make it a deamon, or put wings on it. If dude wanted to "do this and that" they'd have said, I wanna, "do this and that."

Can someone JUST answer the poster's question, with Part numbers instead of a cut and paste of "tire carrier, jack", etc. off of the Jeep XR web-site that doesn't include impacted part numbers?

It's a legitimate question, if you don't know, perhaps just scroll on by and let the person spend whatever they want?
Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
It's stunning how consistently this question is asked, and no one can manage to crank out part numbers and just honestly be helpful and answer the post.

There's always: Do this, do that and "IMO" make it a deamon, or put wings on it. If dude wanted to "do this and that" they'd have said, I wanna, "do this and that."

Can someone JUST answer the poster's question, with Part numbers instead of a cut and paste of "tire carrier, jack", etc. off of the Jeep XR web-site that doesn't include impacted part numbers?

It's a legitimate question, if you don't know, perhaps just scroll on by and let the person spend whatever they want?
You won’t ever get that list. I tried to get the part numbers to confirm some things. But 80% of the differences between the 392 and 392xr is hearsay from face book. The problem is all the parts used in the XR package are the same, regardless of engine. Shocks, springs , axles, gearing, brakes everything. But what you can’t get a straight answer on is whether that is different or upgraded from a regular 392. For example there is not a different part listed in the brake system between the 392 and 392xr. But Facebook claims that the brake booster is upgraded.

Simply put there are confirmed differences but not many…. 8” rims, flare extensions, mopar shocks, bump stops, spare relocation bracket. Those items can be ordered from a parts dept.

KO2 35s that are s speed rated. Only the 315/70/17 are spec’d for 8” rims and 112mph. No other 35/12.5 is spec for 8” rims and 112mph. You buy those from a jeep dealer.

4.56 gearing you can’t order from mopar and at this point you have go aftermarket.

112mph you can’t order. You only have 1 choice if you want to go that fast in a regular 392. Change the tire size to 40s and have 35s… that will get you 115mph actual when you hit the 99 limit on the speedo.

the hinge reinforcement you can add as an option from the factory.

all other items I couldn’t find a part number different in 392 vs 392xr.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
You won’t ever get that list. I tried to get the part numbers to confirm some things. But 80% of the differences between the 392 and 392xr is hearsay from face book. The problem is all the parts used in the XR package are the same, regardless of engine. Shocks, springs , axles, gearing, brakes everything. But what you can’t get a straight answer on is whether that is different or upgraded from a regular 392. For example there is not a different part listed in the brake system between the 392 and 392xr. But Facebook claims that the brake booster is upgraded.

Simply put there are confirmed differences but not many…. 8” rims, flare extensions, mopar shocks, bump stops, spare relocation bracket. Those items can be ordered from a parts dept.

KO2 35s that are s speed rated. Only the 315/70/17 are spec’d for 8” rims and 112mph. No other 35/12.5 is spec for 8” rims and 112mph. You buy those from a jeep dealer.

4.56 gearing you can’t order from mopar and at this point you have go aftermarket.

112mph you can’t order. You only have 1 choice if you want to go that fast in a regular 392. Change the tire size to 40s and have 35s… that will get you 115mph actual when you hit the 99 limit on the speedo.

This. Such as the fabled steering changes in the 392XR as well. With so much unconfirmed information, it's hard to know what's real and how to replicate it.

Clayster

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 392

You & "Quick" with legendary, straightforward answers. Like the fella that started this thread, I too am in search of these part numbers. Thank you for clearing up some of the haze of data, instead of compounding the issue like some of the other posters.

-Clay

OP
OP

hornet74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
You & "Quick" with legendary, straightforward answers. Like the fella that started this thread, I too am in search of these part numbers. Thank you for clearing up some of the haze of data, instead of compounding the issue like some of the other posters.

-Clay
Clay,
Same here. While there was some good info on the thread, there just doesn't seem to be a list of part numbers that I can go get. It seems like one can match the XR, but not remake the XR. Fingers crossed for 20th anniversary.
Sponsored