Sponsored

How to tell the difference between a normal soft top and “premium” soft top?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, don't believe the dealer. If it doesn't specifically state "premium soft top" and have a charge of $595, then it's the standard top. I, personally, have the standard at it fine for me. Also, got any pictures from the dealer? The standard top is grey on the inside. The premium (I believe) is black :like:
Yes, that is another way to tell. My Top is black inside.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Also, the premium top feels softer than the standard and is dark black. The standard is grey color, and it feels harder. Premium feels like cloth, standard like hard vinyl

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I have the window sticker and it isn’t referenced. But the dealer told me, “We don’t order any of our Wranglers with anything but the Premium Top”. So I’m afraid to drive over an hour to find out he’s actually misinformed/lying.
So what was the verdict. Was the salesman correct about adding the "Premium" top to the base JL?

OP
OP
ForeOSU

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
So what was the verdict. Was the salesman correct about adding the "Premium" top to the base JL?
After some back and forth, he confirmed it had the standard top. And he wouldn’t put a premium top on it, so it killed the deal. And I’m glad it did. I found another one with a more desirable color (Sting Gray) with the Tech package and premium top. Bought that last Friday and never looked back!
Sponsored