Sponsored

How to tell if my front & rear are level with a lifted & winch, etc?

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2.5" EVO lift on my JLU Rubicon, but the only other major mod which would affect it's weight would be my heavier bumper and winch at the front? So, my assumption is my front is probably sitting slightly lower than the back. Anyone have a suggestion on a reliable way to measure that?
Sponsored

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
If it helps, I asked the store if I needed a spacer for my bumper/winch and he asked which bumper and winch I got and said I didn't need one.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
As said above, if it doesn't immediately grab your attention, it probably isn't noticeable. If it does (and you didn't get pre and post-winch measurements) you can try the level. I know another member on this forum said he noticed that his headlights were aimed at different points before and after the winch settled and caused sag.

Sponsored

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
As said above, if it doesn't immediately grab your attention, it probably isn't noticeable. If it does (and you didn't get pre and post-winch measurements) you can try the level. I know another member on this forum said he noticed that his headlights were aimed at different points before and after the winch settled and caused sag.
I just came up with the idea. Anyway, the reason is that I plan on doing some towing, and people are suggesting to put in some Air springs helper to prevent sagging. So, I am thinking if my front end is already lower than the back, then might be able to get by without without installing these Air big helper springs
Anyway, I came up with an idea, I opened one of my Jeep side Profile photo in Photoshop. Then find out the angle between the leveled ground of the Jeep and other part of the Jeep which should be paralleled and level. Turned out the the front is a little lower at 0.62 degree. Using the 118.4in wheel base to calculate, I think my Jeep is at 1.28" higher.

Jeep Wrangler JL How to tell if my front & rear are level with a lifted & winch, etc? 1590899220369

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
As you have a Rubicon could you not just measure the distance between the rock rail and the ground front and rear, do both sides and average it if you like. The Rubicon high fenders always give the impression of more lift at the front.
Sponsored