How to tell how much my jeeps been lifted

JamesKelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
I bought a 2019 rubi with a lift already installed but I have no idea how to tell how much. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
measure from center of wheel (or ground to fender and post your tire size) to bottom of fender and post it up here . someone with a similar vehicle will have the stock measurements for you to compare to i'm sure

OP
OP

JamesKelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
from middle of rim it’s 24 1/2 and from ground it’s 42 roughly maybe an 1/8 off here or there. Thanks for your help

measure from center of wheel (or ground to fender and post your tire size) to bottom of fender and post it up here . someone with a similar vehicle will have the stock measurements for you to compare to i'm sure

OP
OP

JamesKelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
Also I have 35s

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
How about a pic as well? And maybe a pic of the suspension? Front and rear coils and/or shocks.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 2019 rubi with a lift already installed but I have no idea how to tell how much. Any ideas?
There are several different ways to measure, but I like to measure from the top of the axle to the bottom edge of the top spring housing. Then if you can stop at dealership and measure one on the lot, or maybe someone on here rocking it stock might chime in.......:)

OP
OP

JamesKelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
There are several different ways to measure, but I like to measure from the top of the axle to the bottom edge of the top spring housing. Then if you can stop at dealership and measure one on the lot, or maybe someone on here rocking it stock might chime in.......:)
I can’t believe I can’t find measurements online. Like what is stock so I can see what I have and figure it out

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Does it have fox shocks? With 35s it’s probably around a 2 inch or so lift. If fox shocks maybe it has the mopar lift.

OP
OP

JamesKelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
Does it have fox shocks? With 35s it’s probably around a 2 inch or so lift. If fox shocks maybe it has the mopar lift.
I have to get under there and check tomorrow. I’ll send pics of it when I get out there.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have to get under there and check tomorrow. I’ll send pics of it when I get out there.
I asked @Kimberly , and she was gracious enough to measure her 2020 Rubi like this..
4CD73588-CAB4-40A1-A79E-87D0F2A5F364.jpeg

she got 12”, so if you measure yours it should give you the amount of lift you have....ish.....
Thanks again Kim.

OP
OP

JamesKelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
I asked @Kimberly , and she was gracious enough to measure her 2020 Rubi like this..
4CD73588-CAB4-40A1-A79E-87D0F2A5F364.jpeg

she got 12”, so if you measure yours it should give you the amount of lift you have....ish.....
Thanks again Kim.
12” coil? What lift does she have on hers? That gives me nothing to compare to lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
12” coil? What lift does she have on hers? That gives me nothing to compare to lol
She’s on a stock Rubi, the picture is mine ,it’s only to show location to measure. She has 12” in this location, if you measure yours and let’s say it measures 14” then you have a 2” lift.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Another method to compare heights is to measure the shock eye-to-eye distance. From what I gather, Rubicons front shocks at ride height measure 20". If yours measure 22", then it is probably a 2" lift.

The Rubicon rear shock at ride height is 22.5" but it isn't as easy to compare ride height changes, as the sock ratio changes depending on ride height (from my calculation 1.31:1 to 1.07:1).

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
She’s on a stock Rubi, the picture is mine ,it’s only to show location to measure. She has 12” in this location, if you measure yours and let’s say it measures 14” then you have a 2” lift.
I just measured my Rubi XR in this fashion it is suppose to be a 1.5” lift but I get 12” this way. But if i measure from center of hub to fender lip I get 25.25”.
Sponsored