Sponsored

How to take advantage of ESS effectively.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Wichita_flag.png
The Wichita KS flag. Designed in 1937 it is displayed everywhere, buildings, bumper stickers, license plates, and flags.
Sponsored

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Wichita_flag.png
The Wichita KS flag. Designed in 1937 it is displayed everywhere, buildings, bumper stickers, license plates, and flags.
Thank you, it really was driving me crazy. That’s cool! I checked state flags but didn’t even think about city flag. I’m ashamed to admit I don’t know what my city flag looks like. We have a minor league baseball team here and I know they fly city, county, state, and USA flags there so next time I go I’ll have to pay attention.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
It That didn't pan out so by the 1990s it became "GLOBAL WARMING!" and the scare tactic was that the polar caps were going to melt, oceans would rise into cities, and we would die. That didn't pan out either. So now the liberals are using "CLIMATE CHANGE!" because that terminology covers all the bases and they can't be wrong, or so they think.

We SHOULD be good stewards of our environment. There's a fine line between not caring about the environment, and being so scared of ruining it that you don't even enjoy your life. We should look for that medium between the two and try to stay there.
The problem is that for the past 100+ years we as a species have been no where near the medium, living instead lives of hedonistic irresponsibility.
Ice core samples at both ice caps (or rather what's left of them) have shown not 125-150 years of climate change, but thousands of years of periodic consistency which gives science a baseline for our current climatalogic dilemma: sea levels are rising and the caps are shrinking, along with every single glacier on Earth.
I know you said connecting this situation to a cause is merely political (at least by attacking "liberal" science you made it so), but the change is undeniable, and we ain't helping any.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/sea-ice-extent-sinks-to-record-lows-at-both-poles
(Admittedly this article is limited by technology in its scope, as it uses satellite imagery, but there are hundreds like it at NASA, the USGS and NOAA, none of which exhibit a liberal bias aside from their use of science...)

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Yesterday for the first time we reached 85F+ in Central Illinois while I was driving my JLUR. AC was full on. The ESS didn’t engage in any of my traffic stops. I was surprised at myself for being a bit disappointed that the engine didn’t shut off. Lol. I drive a manual transmission, so I have a lot of control over the ESS. That may be the reason I actually grown to like the feature.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yesterday for the first time we reached 85F+ in Central Illinois while I was driving my JLUR. AC was full on. The ESS didn’t engage in any of my traffic stops. I was surprised at myself for being a bit disappointed that the engine didn’t shut off. Lol. I drive a manual transmission, so I have a lot of control over the ESS. That may be the reason I actually grown to like the feature.
I have a manual too. I Also like the feature because i have so much control over it.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I think some people just make it a matter of pride to get the worst fuel economy possible. Much like a Coal Roller blowing as much smoke as possible at someone driving a Prius. Now I like diesel trucks, and I seriously considered the Titan XD and the Ram 2500 trucks before settling on the Wrangler, but I would not waste my money on all of these delete kits and chips to just blow smoke and get 10 MPG...
I have been active in the diesel performance community for many years. Sure there are rednecks that roll coal, but the vast majority of us delete for performance and reliability reasons. The enthusiasts really frown upon the coal rolling mentality. Its portrays us all in a bad light, and its made it much harder for us to continue modifying these trucks the way we like.
FWIW ...Only time my truck sees 10mpg when I am headed west doing 85mph with my Jeep in tow.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I have been active in the diesel performance community for many years. Sure there are rednecks that roll coal, but the vast majority of us delete for performance and reliability reasons. The enthusiasts really frown upon the coal rolling mentality. Its portrays us all in a bad light, and its made it much harder for us to continue modifying these trucks the way we like.
FWIW ...Only time my truck sees 10mpg when I am headed west doing 85mph with my Jeep in tow.
It's good to see someone with your mentality, as I really do like trucks myself. I even blew away the salesman's "experiance" with a Ram 2500 when he told me I'll never see more than 15 MPG and I finished the test drive on a brand new one at just under 24 MPG average.

I do have a bad experiance with a "Truck Club" that had no respect for common decency. I'm talking about full throttle through the neighborhood with straight pipes at 1 in the morning, and blatant disrespect for anything less than a 2500 diesel... so my 1500 gasser was a "Woman's truck" in their view... So I'm glad to see someone else in that community with some common sense. :like:

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem is that for the past 100+ years we as a species have been no where near the medium, living instead lives of hedonistic irresponsibility.
Ice core samples at both ice caps (or rather what's left of them) have shown not 125-150 years of climate change, but thousands of years of periodic consistency which gives science a baseline for our current climatalogic dilemma: sea levels are rising and the caps are shrinking, along with every single glacier on Earth.
I know you said connecting this situation to a cause is merely political (at least by attacking "liberal" science you made it so), but the change is undeniable, and we ain't helping any.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/sea-ice-extent-sinks-to-record-lows-at-both-poles
(Admittedly this article is limited by technology in its scope, as it uses satellite imagery, but there are hundreds like it at NASA, the USGS and NOAA, none of which exhibit a liberal bias aside from their use of science...)
You’re exactly correct! I actually got to tour a facility in Columbus, Ohio were the ice samples are stored for research. Thinking about water which hasn’t been in liquid for thousands of years is really mind blowing. Scientists also have the ability to analyze rock samples for a bigger view of climate history. For example, the Nepalese government recently allowed Mount Everest climbers to bring back rock samples from the summit. Everest actually gets taller every year and a long, long time ago It was under an ocean. Tectonic plates are pushing it up. So, unlike what @WXman claimed as a limited sample size we actually have hundreds of millions of years worth of data. The consensus is the typical climate cycle of cold and hot trends held steady until the industrial revolution. Since then it has trended hotter at a faster rate than in any point in the fore mentioned hundreds of millions years of data. And it’s increasing as more nations catch up with the other developed countries. Our planet is truly fascinating when you think about it.

http://www.global-climate-change.org.uk/3-3-7.php

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it legal to roll coal? Does it solely depend on if your city/county/state does emissions testing? I often wonder why the coal rollers aren’t pulled over and ticketed.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Is it legal to roll coal?
Only did it once intentionally once when some dork in a souped-up, sub-woofered Civic tried to make an illegal right-hand pass on the shoulder. He had all his windows down on that hot Texas day in Dallas, so a downshift and a little bit of throttle on my F250 . . . well, the result was extremely satisfying, especially when the cop a few cars behind him lit him up.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I would love to meet you ESS lovers. You would probably fit in well with people that love poke themselves in the eye with sharp sticks! Haha
I get it. You don't like ESS. That's fine. : - )

If I may: I wouldn't want it to go unnoticed @theplankeye, the distinct possibility that the "sharp stick eye pokers" may reserve the Town social room on Tuesday nights, while those who favor "ocular damage of the wood plank variety" on Thursday night.

...those sharp stickers....idiots....they don't know what they're missing...

Hope you didn't mind the "play" on your handle here. ESS lovers and haters probably cover all ranges of IQ. : - )

~~~~~
Sponsored