First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
And Trailscales... Would this business belong to Youtuber Casey250?
Sponsored

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
I like that. How do they stick, and are they easy to remove?
It’s a vinyl wrap. Once it’s one, it stays. Can be removed later without damaging the paint

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
And Trailscales... Would this business belong to Youtuber Casey250?
Casey250 isn’t as involved in Trailscales as he used to. But yes, it’s the same product he was promoting years ago.

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
The price is definitely right, but I wonder why they're so much cheaper than everybody else. How has it held up, and have you ever removed them?
I’ve only had it 2 months. Friends of mine all have them, and they’ve held up great to the abuse. Proper installation is key. The adhere better when it’s installed during warm weather, as it can take up to a week to properly cure.

Another friend of mine removed theirs after being on for a few years. The paint was not damaged by the removal.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Couldn’t find a better thread to ask this question so I’ll drop it here:

While doing some driving down a dirt road this weekend, somehow a rock managed to find its way on to my back bumper and work itself in between the body and the bumper, leaving this:

Jeep Wrangler JL How to stop scratches in thick scrub? 4F6B7439-3D10-405B-A5A5-C9B6443E6CE3

I got this Jeep to get it dirty and use it the way it’s supposed to be used so I don’t care about the scratches. My biggest concern is if the rock managed to rub ALL of the paint off and now the body is exposed. Options I see are:

1.) cut a piece of PPF and put it over it and be done with it.
2.) touch up paint and just cover up potentially exposed body
3.) needs to be done professionally to ensure it prevents any corrosion.

Anyone here ever had a similar situation? Any advice here?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe98

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
When you use tube doors, I notices that we can get mesh covers for tube doors.

I wonder if I can use a mesh cover with my ordinary doors as a way to protect the doors?

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Sahara JLU
Occupation
retired
Picked up my 21 JLUR yesterday and took it straight to my buddy that does the 3m self healing wrap. Its gotten better even since 3 years ago when I did my 18 JLUSport with it. The wrap saved my 18 many times from scratches and looks like new today. Back then it was guaranteed for only 5years, now its 10years.

However a new thought hit me yesterday when I picked up my new JLUR. The dealer had a Gladiator than had been painted with Rhino coating. Its looked awesome and definitely would withstand the trail ......

NorCalJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (May)
So. It’s obviously a misprint. It’s likely a small business and not a lot of proof reading something so mundane as something that’s not the point of the product. There’s no motive to mislead. It’s not even logical. How would being magnetic be an advantage on a vehicle they say in the video and written description has aluminum panels? Will it protect the paint better from scratches over an adhesive as aggressive as they demonstrate? It’s much ado about nothing imo.
No one even noticed that's a JT with aluminum doors? Haha. No misprint. "Magnet" armor was their first product for JK's hence the name. Gel is an reusable adhesive - but it seriously acts more like a magnet than a magnet also because it's removable - but far stronger. I have vinyl wraps and PPF and those get expensive even if you know how to do your own install. I just wish I knew about this sooner. Also gel is waaaay stickier than it seems in this video as I'd bet my door panel could be half hanging off on the freeway and it wouldn not come off. Just never had to test it ;)

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
No one even noticed that's a JT with aluminum doors? Haha. No misprint. "Magnet" armor was their first product for JK's hence the name. Gel is an reusable adhesive - but it seriously acts more like a magnet than a magnet also because it's removable - but far stronger. I have vinyl wraps and PPF and those get expensive even if you know how to do your own install. I just wish I knew about this sooner. Also gel is waaaay stickier than it seems in this video as I'd bet my door panel could be half hanging off on the freeway and it wouldn not come off. Just never had to test it ;)
Oh it was definitely noticed. Regardless of the type, it adheres to the paint and is not attracted by polarity properties like the JK version with steel body panels.

NorCalJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (May)
Oh it was definitely noticed. Regardless of the type, it adheres to the paint and is not attracted by polarity properties like the JK version with steel body panels.
Correct. Adhesive but removble AND reusable. She may be switching JK's over to gel since it's stronger or it may be an option, not sure. But check it out, she says clear armor is coming out this summer. Meaning also printable - or clear - or a combo. I'm leaning clear ;)...
Jeep Wrangler JL How to stop scratches in thick scrub? MEK-ClearJeepBeach

Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation