JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
This is the correct way to do it. No one even liked it except me lol

A good PPF will go a longgg way to stopping them. In fact I got my Jeep fully covered in PPF except the tailgate. Expensive but I’ve taken scrubbed it against trees and when you wash it looks like a brand new Jeep again.

If you do t want pinstripes that’s the only way to go. Anything else is just ducking around and wasting your time and money IMHO
I consider just doing between fenders. I may look into this. My JK got pretty trashed here in VT. I do see it as something you just live with but a clear vinyl rap on doors would be great.
Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I really don't want to ruin the paint on my 50K+ wrangler because of bushes. Thinking about MEK magnet. Anyone have good/bad experience with this product:
You cannot use Magnets on the the JL, Aluminium is not magnetic so you would need to use a vinyl instead.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Vegetation overgrowth is a common issue on trails here in the Pacific Northwest, due to the nonstop rain and such.

I find applying a good quality wax, paint polish or ceramic hybrid wax BEFORE hitting the trails is a good and easy way to minimize the amount of permanent damage to the paint from branches and over brush.

This is my favorite product at the moment.
1614957825193.jpeg

Other than that, I’ve learned to carry these in the Jeep.
046561191320_11383466.jpg
It was light brush but the last time I took some tighter trails I sprayed some Mother’s ceramic spray, spread it around, and left the excess ON. It was light stuff but I didn’t pick up any scratches.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You cannot use Magnets on the the JL, Aluminium is not magnetic so you would need to use a vinyl instead.
It’s some kind of adhesive it seems. I immediately looked to see if it was a JL lol.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I really don't want to ruin the paint on my 50K+ wrangler because of bushes. Thinking about MEK magnet. Anyone have good/bad experience with this product:
What was she selling, again? :giggle: ;)

Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Watch the video, this is for the JL. They appear to be using some kind of material that adhears to the Aluminium - sticky back or something.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Pin stripes can normally be buffed out.. some people like the ceramic coating, not sure how much it really helps.
This right here. There's no product that's gonna fully protect your paint outside of a full blown wrap. Get a cheap-and-Chinesy dual action buffer, some pads, and simple detail compounds and as long as it hasn't gone through the clearcoat and into the paint, you should be able to fix almost any scratch.

Sponsored

Boghar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, Black, Mopar Lift, 35s
I saw a video of people spraying WD-40 over the paint prior to offroading. I am not sure if it was to make to branches glide over the paint with less friction or to be able to wash the mud easier. It looked as if they were in one of the South American countries.