OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
Edit on #1 - Two terms maximum; same as the President. (there is zero reason why a member of Congress should become a multi-millionaire while in office).
9. No lifetime salaries; salary ends at the end of the term.
10. No pension plans; all members of Congress shall immediately be placed on Social Security.
11. No separate insurance plans (unless they pay for it out of pocket). All members of Congress shall immediately be placed on the Affordable Health Care Act.

What is good for the people is more than good enough for them. For far too long the ivory towers and pillars in which they reside are so out of touch with the average person, they have nothing in common and have completely forgotten about the reasons they entered office and who it is they serve.
Shame you're not local, owe ya a beer for improving on what I wrote.

Folks went down to DC for the inauguration (Trump) and prices for things in the mall were insane, as in nice clothes were a couple Grand when you go to the other mall outside dc and same item is what we'd normally pay for them.

Also remember seeing a documentary or special talking about how Lambo dealer's were complaining how they'd pay for them in cash as well.

I'll look for a link on it later, but as we said, they shouldn't be millionaires and the ruling class when all they are are public servants.
Hell, I want those who became millionaires to be forced to pay it back one way or other, made examples of so future politicians know their place (also why we can't have anymore lawyers who know how to write laws and exploit loopholes)

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Exactly, said it better than I could and there are sadly illegals who game the system (work + get all sorts of benefits).

I think America needs another "Operation Wetback" (whether it needs a name change or not is debatable), we have the people on record who abuse the system and if they work as well, where and whose hiring them.

It'd be more to destress the current system(https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/new-map-cost-illegal-immigration-state), have job openings available for those looking as well as housing, cost the Dems their voter base and clean up certain neighborhoods.

After that, we go after the mayor's and governors who allowed their cities and states to fall into despair (any big city in Cali, NYC, Detroit, Chiraq, etc.) And replace them with Guliani type officials for a year to improve things.

Also begs the question though; are those big cities as bad as they are due to illegals voting and voter fraud, or would solving both not make a difference

Again, just my two cents on all this
It's likely not so cut and dry, though if we had all the numbers I guess it would be a simple cost / benefit calculation. To be honest, I have no idea if there is a net benefit in terms of dollar values.
Consider.
Illegals who "game" the system, or do not game the system, but do collect tax dollars for this or that reason. Of course this is money which goes out of the coffers.
Then there is those illegals which are involved in crimes, ranging from petty theft, auto crashes without insurance all the way up to murder.
Though, with the latter, those tend to be mainly directed towards others in the socioeconomic group i.e. other illegals , rival gang members and the like.
Naturally, this also costs the tax payer money directly through taxes or through increased insurance premiums.
I would guess those are the main costs to the tax payer.

The contributions would be:
Payroll taxes. Yes, they are illegal, but the farmers who mainly employ them do so against fake SSNs in order to avoid having the appearance of too little "real" workers. Things like Social security are paid into, but of course never collected at retirement.
Sales taxes. Though given their low earning, this likely may not contribute that much.
The biggest thing which we can "feel" in our pocket books is cost of goods. Since many factories and nearly all farms use this source of extremely cheap labor, the cost of food and goods is significantly lower than it otherwise would be.
If food went up by 20% as a result of paying a good wage to the workers, I suspect that this would break many people. Especially the elderly who are on fixed incomes. One should not forget that when the old folks were younger, they were sold on SS. That they only needed to pay in to that and they would be taken care of in their old age.
You can't just let all the working poor and old folks die, so this would also increase the amount needed to take care of Americans.

20% is just a wild ass guess though. I have no idea how much the prices would increase for goods. I am sure some government agency has calculated it though, which is likely why they do not try all that hard to stop them coming.

In many cases it is also pretty bad for the illegals who come. Many actually get bonded into slavery. There was some program on a couple years ago dealing with the amazing high slavery rate for immigrant farmers.

I would agree that people need to come legally. That's clear. But.... I think you cannot just "close the gate" without it causing significant economic damage. A lot of the things would need time to adjust.

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Well, holy shit! The first time ever we agree on something. Well said.
I would temper that by saying it is only a "general statement". I think there are circumstances where people generally cannot work anymore and for these people, I have no problem for the collective tax payer to care for them to get the help they need.
As an example, years ago I used to do volunteer work with a homeless shelter in the LA area. So rough people there..let me tell you.
Anyhow, one of the guys I came to know, who was probably 15 years older than me, but looked 40 years older.
In his old life, he was a surgeon specializing in something to do with kids. I did not get all the details, but somehow it accidentally did something wrong during the surgery and the little girl died in what should have been a routine operation.
It apparently broke him. Lost his life and his sanity.
There was a similar story with a guy who a driver for the subway. One morning a girl decided to kill herself by jumping in front of his train, smashing against the window a foot in front of him. He also never recovered mentally and was on the streets.
For things like this, I think a person needs to be a pretty cold bastard to to have the opinion to just let them starve.
Not implying that is your opinion.. just making a general statement.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I would temper that by saying it is only a "general statement". I think there are circumstances where people generally cannot work anymore and for these people, I have no problem for the collective tax payer to care for them to get the help they need.
As an example, years ago I used to do volunteer work with a homeless shelter in the LA area. So rough people there..let me tell you.
Anyhow, one of the guys I came to know, who was probably 15 years older than me, but looked 40 years older.
In his old life, he was a surgeon specializing in something to do with kids. I did not get all the details, but somehow it accidentally did something wrong during the surgery and the little girl died in what should have been a routine operation.
It apparently broke him. Lost his life and his sanity.
There was a similar story with a guy who a driver for the subway. One morning a girl decided to kill herself by jumping in front of his train, smashing against the window a foot in front of him. He also never recovered mentally and was on the streets.
For things like this, I think a person needs to be a pretty cold bastard to to have the opinion to just let them starve.
Not implying that is your opinion.. just making a general statement.
Americans are the most generous people on the planet, when someone in need is down they will be there to lift them up. When someone is in need they should turn to family then to their church and finally if needed turn to local government, never any further. By keeping it local you have a better chance of knowing need from gaming the system.

It also promotes strong family and faith, the two things government wants to kill. An ever growing government wants you to turn to government for everything so it can continue to grow. One who turns to family and faith has no use for government.

OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
FIRE THIS ROTTEN, RACKETEERING CONGRESS!
Audit them, drug test them, make everything transparent so the public sees it and confiscate their ill gotten gains as you arrest them for their bullshit, make examples out of them

imbuere

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Data Science
  1. Term limits. No member in the house and Senate can serve more than 2-3 terms at most
  2. No more lawyers, we've have enough serving, think last count was 90%
  3. They're public servants, not the ruling class, thus their salaries are slashed and they don't get special treatment
  4. People can't vote for senators anymore, has to be done the old fashioned way
  5. No family member, or ex congressman/senator can be a lobbyist or serve on any special board. Anyone caught violating such act will be punished to the full extent of the law
  6. No more insider trading or anything, and any law they pass for we the people, they're the first to deal with it, no more exemptions
  7. All members and their staff will be drug tested at random, without warning and anyone testing positive for illicit substances will be dealt with
  8. At the end of their term, everything they've said and done will be out in the open for the people to see and judge
Just a few things, feel free to add anything or comment, though 90% of the problem would be solved with term limits
I agree with all but #2 and #7. With #2... I don't know what the correct rate is, but we want good/smart people in office. Not paying them anything will lessen the ability to attract them. This is like saying teachers should work for minimum wage because teaching should be a passion they're willing to suffer for.

As for #7, is this really an issue? The only drugs I use are alcohol and caffeine... but I don't generally have a bad opinion of them if used responsibility/recreationally.

9. For every new law passed, two must be repealed.
So as judiciary requirements change we can either adjust for them and take good laws off the books or not adjust at all? This is one of those things that sounds good, but in application makes no sense. If you want some laws off the book, just target them individually not with some in/out scheme.

11. Decentralize the power, no more federal agencies the states can handle themselves (aka EPA, DEA, DOE, etc.)
That's an administrative nightmare.

hmmm.. Why should the government have a say in what folks put in their bodies? Seems like that falls under the scope of personal responsibility.
So long as they are not high at work, no reason for me to care what they do.

Likely having a 2-3 term limit would solve a lot of issues.
I would further put an end to the 2 party system in favor of a multi-party system. The main issue with the 2 party system is that when one party has a tiny majority in both houses, they have no incentive to compromise and thus you get policy that 50% of the country hates.
Far better that no one has the clear majority and a coalition government of different parties gets formed. This way it is much harder for any one group to totally bugger everything up for everyone else.
hmmm.. Why should the government have a say in what folks put in their bodies? Seems like that falls under the scope of personal responsibility.
I think you take some of this regulation for granted. I generally don't worry about the safety of my food because of the FDA (they do a shit job at some things though, admittedly). Do we all have the time/resources to test everything before we consume/breath/touch? Nope.

11. No separate insurance plans (unless they pay for it out of pocket). All members of Congress shall immediately be placed on the Affordable Health Care Act.
Agreed. If they had to be part of SS, maybe it wouldn't always be under attack.

Stop this sneaking in bills inside other bills bullshit. Vote one at a time with complete transparency.
I agree in spirit, but where do you draw the line on what's a different/same issue?

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
I think you take some of this regulation for granted. I generally don't worry about the safety of my food because of the FDA (they do a shit job at some things though, admittedly). Do we all have the time/resources to test everything before we consume/breath/touch? Nope.
I'm talking about the government and the "war on drugs". Not testing your steak or pork.
If someone wants to use recreational drugs, it's non of the governments damn business.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm talking about the government and the "war on drugs". Not testing your steak or pork.
If someone wants to use recreational drugs, it's non of the governments damn business.
Toke a little too much? Having worked undercover narcotics and road patrol I know how incapcitated people are on drugs. All drugs. I don't want any more idiots out driving stoned just like I don't want them driving drunk. And much of the larcenies, thefts, burglaries are by people using drugs.
This country will follow "recreational" marijuana with "recreational" cocaine, herion, molly. Take us down a bigger rat hole than we are already going.

imbuere

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Data Science
Toke a little too much? Having worked undercover narcotics and road patrol I know how incapcitated people are on drugs. All drugs. I don't want any more idiots out driving stoned just like I don't want them driving drunk. And much of the larcenies, thefts, burglaries are by people using drugs.
This country will follow "recreational" marijuana with "recreational" cocaine, herion, molly. Take us down a bigger rat hole than we are already going.
... and after molly we’ll just give up on all controlled substances. That’ll lead to the abolishment of all laws. Men will marry chairs, woman will marry frogs. The children will identify as the gender green, and we’ll rename “up” to “down” because we’ll all be walking on our hands as feet will go out of fashion.

geez... talk about a slippery slope.

I doubt anyone here would agree with drug use that revoked the right of another’s life, liberty or property. Does it happen? Sure, and LE should be used prevent it. Saying pot should be illegal because people COULD drive stoned makes as much sense as outlawing pencils as someone could stab themselves in the eye.

Sounds like you haven’t toked enough!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
... and after molly we’ll just give up on all controlled substances. That’ll lead to the abolishment of all laws. Men will marry chairs, woman will marry frogs. The children will identify as the gender green, and we’ll rename “up” to “down” because we’ll all be walking on our hands as feet will go out of fashion.

geez... talk about a slippery slope.

I doubt anyone here would agree with drug use that revoked the right of another’s life, liberty or property. Does it happen? Sure, and LE should be used prevent it. Saying pot should be illegal because people COULD drive stoned makes as much sense as outlawing pencils as someone could stab themselves in the eye.

Sounds like you haven’t toked enough!
So your view is make all drugs legal because no one will use them. Drugs serve no good purpose, pencils do.

imbuere

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Data Science
So your view is make all drugs legal because no one will use them.
I would love to know what I said that made you think that. It’s not block or white, 1 or 0. To use a Jeep example (this is a Jeep forum after all), theres a lot of tire pressure options between 0 and what ever max you can run. On the road you might like 35, off the road you may want 15.

Drugs serve no good purpose, pencils do.
Maybe to you. Someone could make the argument you shouldn’t be able to lift a vehicle or change tire size. Most likely they’ve never experienced driving off-road or don’t have environment circumstances that make it useful.

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Drugs serve no good purpose,
I'm glad you are the authority on what is good for the rest of us. I can sleep well knowing that someone like you knows everything about everything.
If my father had not passed away last year, I'd be sure and tell him to stop using pot, which was the only thing which would allow him to keep his food down in his final months, that a guy on the internet knows everything and said he should stop taking drugs, cuz... "made up BS strawman reasons".
Get off your damn high horse.
Government has zero fucking business involving itself in what I do in my own home, so long as I'm only hurting myself.
The war on drugs is nothing more than a group of ass-hat, anti-personal rights extremists sucking at the tits of big government.

Last edited:
JTopsUSA